DCS World Weekend Updates - July 22-23, 2016

SkateZilla

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made one statement and suddenly it becomes the main subject...

thank you!

Because we're all tired of hearing it, switch or live with Steam. This is constantly brought up and it's not going to change, we don't need yet another useless complaint on the subject.

• Like 1

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

The new Caucasus preview is extremely impressive at this stage, can only imagine how much better it will look closer to release.

I seem to have missed that... where do I find those screenies? Thanks. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Looks like I'll give my joystick a pretty long rest....

I'm affraid that all this means that we won't see the F-18 this year too...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Top of the forum, in the Official Updates section.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2851944&postcount=1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Oh yeah - stunning screenshots there... amazing. :)

EDIT2: Would be nice if Crimea were added silently into all of that, too. :music_whistling:

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

i realized that i was looking at the new textures shots my jaw dropped. (this is not an exaggerating but for real)

but, the bad side, i think i will not be able to play in caucasian map after seeing this shots. so i am moving to nevada map.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

.....happy days ahead........:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

• ED Team

No one should doubt their commitment to progressing this sim, and what they are willing to give us to continue to do so (many times for free). The amount of work there is incredible. Even if it doesnt go as fast as we want, I am sure glad to see the direction its going.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Top of the forum, in the Official Updates section.

Thanks. Had missed that too. So the auld Cauco's gonna get a massive facelift then - good days ahead :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Yes, it really is exciting to see the changes that will eventually come our way. I just hope that we don't have to wait until the merger to get any further updates to the NTTR map. I prefer flying on that map (missed it for many years after being able to fly on it with my A-10c purchase many moons ago...) and have been itching to get some of the module updates to it! I mean, come on, the F-5E was just made to be flown on this map!!! Anyway, fingers crossed that the NTTR will be getting some love in the near future.

• Like 1

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Yes the improvements are nice, but I do wonder with the additional maps being hold until 2.5 does that mean carrier ops and other naval elements will be on hold as well?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Yes the improvements are nice, but I do wonder with the additional maps being hold until 2.5 does that mean carrier ops and other naval elements will be on hold as well?

Yeah, an update about the carrier DLC would be nice.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 2.5 screens look very nice, looking forward to this very much.

Understanding that this is still very much WIP, I am hoping that they will still come up with a better system for forests than individual trees standing loosely together. Some kind of block approach might provide both a denser, closed forest while helping performance with a reduced object count.

attachment.php?attachmentid=144879&d=1469293926

Some detail very interesting..... :) waiting news

Initially, we planned just to update the file structure and field textures, but we later decided to greatly expand on that. Because the Caucasus often servers as the first impression for new DCS World users, we feel it important to have a more substantial update that matches map quality to vehicle module quality. While the attached summer season images are still very much Work-In-Progress (with a lot of fixes, tuning and some pretty big changes to still come), they do provide a glimpse of where we are going.

Verry Cool, cant wait~ Very nice job ED.:thumbup:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

The 2.5 screens look very nice, looking forward to this very much.

Understanding that this is still very much WIP, I am hoping that they will still come up with a better system for forests than individual trees standing loosely together. Some kind of block approach might provide both a denser, closed forest while helping performance with a reduced object count.

attachment.php?attachmentid=144879&d=1469293926

I agree about the forests, that would make a lot of sense.

Although:

new tree system for both forests and “urban areas”

Sounds like ED might be thinking about such a distinction already. That would be especially helpful for things like shadows as well as the object count. It will be interesting to see how things change.

The screenshots look mighty impressive. The new water render in particular looks perfect. I've spent all week in the San Juan Islands (off Washington) with lots of time in boats/ferries/small aircraft. The water matches what I'm seeing here perfectly. :D

Well...they are still releasing aircraft modules and I think that the 2.0 Alpha can accept maps besides Nevada (as long as they are T4+). Though even if ED delays new maps till the merger, it would probably only be a delay of a couple months (as things stand right now...). Waiting till DCS 2.5 might be the more elegant approach.

Things like the carrier DLC probably would likely be release-able into 1.5. I think there are aircraft modules set to be released before 2.5 (LNS Viggen, VEAO P-40F, Spitfire IX?), so other DLC may be possible too. Belsimtek just released the F-5E so I don't think this news changes much.

-Nick

No one should doubt their commitment to progressing this sim, and what they are willing to give us to continue to do so (many times for free). The amount of work there is incredible. Even if it doesnt go as fast as we want, I am sure glad to see the direction its going.

so much +1 for that... I am truly overwhelmed to see how my favourite Sim is developing more and more into the right direction ......caucasus 2.5 looks stunning, to get this free as a newcomer is really a nice welcome bonus... :thumbup:

big THX to Wags and ED Team

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Well...they are still releasing aircraft modules and I think that the 2.0 Alpha can accept maps besides Nevada (as long as they are T4+).

A key part of DCS World 2.5 will be the unification of the Caucasus and Nevada maps (and all other future maps). In order to do this, we first need to update the Caucasus map to the T4 map standard (as the Nevada map is).

New maps are on hold until this is resolved so the way I read it this is not going to happen.

Things like the carrier DLC probably would likely be release-able into 1.5.
I do agree with this, when I think that carriers are somewhat controllable to some degree similar to ground units in CA. I do wonder however if features/coding are in place or still planned for this year for this to be implemented.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hear! Hear!!

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display