DCS World Weekend Updates - July 22-23, 2016

SkateZilla

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figure next year, at the earliest, for either of those.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you're not happy with Steam, why use it? The policy of releases there is not a subject for discussion any longer as it has been flogged to death long since!

that's like the standard answer for every steam user, right? and yet I'm bringing the discussion back up.

I'm very happy with steam, sir. that's why I use it. I find it easier to manage/install/update/stuff my games. their download servers are awesome and I always get very fast speeds.

also on Steam I have the opportunity to pay for modules and games on my regional currency which is a major advantage for me.

I'm not showing my unhappiness by posting that, I'm just showing to ED that they have a Steam audience and we want to be able to purchase new modules ASAP and not wait a whole year until the final release.

by saying ASAP I'm not implying they should release at the same time, but as soon as possible, and not the time we're waiting for the NTTR, Mirage, the Red Flags campaigns.

and let me show my eagerness to fly this fighter that is actually used on my country's air force to celebrate this great release from Belsimtek!

Edited by wedge_one

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

that's like the standard answer for every steam user, right? and yet I'm bringing the discussion back up.

I'm very happy with steam, sir. that's why I use it. I find it easier to manage/install/update/stuff my games. their download servers are awesome and I always get very fast speeds.

also on Steam I have the opportunity to pay for modules and games on my regional currency which is a major advantage for me.

I'm not showing my unhappiness by posting that, I'm just showing to ED that they have a Steam audience and we want to be able to purchase new modules ASAP and not wait a whole year until the final release.

by saying ASAP I'm not implying they should release at the same time, but as soon as possible, and not the time we're waiting for the NTTR, Mirage, the Red Flags campaigns.

and let me show my eagerness to fly this fighter that is actually used on my country's air force to celebrate this great release from Belsimtek!

All Eagle Dynamics Modules are on Steam Already,

The Issue you're having needs to be brought up with respective 3rd Parties/Partners.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

oh come on skatezilla, don't underestimate my intelligence. if that's your answer, it's better not to answer at all.

NTTR is being made by ED but it's still unfinished. same thing with Red Flag. and third parties also follow ED policies about early access. you know what I'm talking about.

you guys sounds like an anti-steam police, every time someone complains about it you give the same copy/paste excuses.

you don't have to agree with me nor try to "convert me" to use standalone as if you were a christian and I'm an atheist :P

speaking of religion, Jesus, stay on topic.

I just made one statement and suddenly it becomes the main subject...

thank you!

• Like 1

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

oh come on skatezilla, don't underestimate my intelligence. if that's your answer, it's better not to answer at all.

NTTR is being made by ED but it's still unfinished. same thing with Red Flag. and third parties also follow ED policies about early access. you know what I'm talking about.

you guys sounds like an anti-steam police, every time someone complains about it you give the same copy/paste excuses.

you don't have to agree with me nor try to "convert me" to use standalone as if you were a christian and I'm an atheist :P

speaking of religion, Jesus, stay on topic.

I just made one statement and suddenly it becomes the main subject...

thank you!

2.0/NTTR wont be on steam until it's out of Alpha, for several reasons.

I Have steam, I use it for everything, except DCS and a few other games, but for the most part 94+ % of my Digital Games is on Steam.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• ED Team
why?

DCS 2.0 is still in alpha and is for primarily testing the NTTR terrain

Once it is out of alpha I would imagine it will be on steam.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There is no arguing with that. However, you have a stark and very very simple choice.

You choose the Steam route, which is of course your perogative, and absolutely fine with everyone else.

Here is the rub though. It is simply a fact that Steam do not update early release phase items, and as such, you will not get them.

It is pointless moaning about it because it has already been discussed ad nauseum on the forum. Do a search, and you'll see what I mean!

So, stick to Steam, and accept you will wait a LOT longer for some releases, or reconsider your original decision if it means so much to you that you feel it neccessary to drag up long exhausted debates simply to be anti-social - there is no other name for it I am afraid - the situation will not change, as has already been said. It is Steam's policy, not ED's.

Hence my original uncompromising reply. You obviously haven't done any kind of a search before posting or you'd see just how pointless and may I add OFF TOPIC your complaint is.

why?

speaking of which I hope the F-18 will be available on steam at the same time it come on stand alone no matter what state it's in.

Because 2.0 only supports NTTR at the moment, and its a Paid DLC.

DCS users that dont own NTTR would get stuck with software they cannot run if ED pushes a 2.0 update to steam.

Even under Open Beta branch, where currently everyone can participate in 1.5 OB, only NTTR users would be able to participate in a 2.0 open beta.

And unlike standalone where you can have multiple installs to continue having both maps, you cannot have two concurrent installs on steam.

So if you update to 2.0, you lose Caucasus, and if you dont own a NTTR license, you lose the ability to use DCS until the 2.5 version is released with both maps.

Its a big hassle and tech support/customer service night mare.

Edited by SkateZilla

Do NOT Use Steam for DCSW.

I wouldnt say that outright.. i know plenty of users that are happy with DCSW via Steam.

why?

speaking of which I hope the F-18 will be available on steam at the same time it come on stand alone no matter what state it's in.

Won't happen. No module has ever been released in an early access state and released on Steam at the same time. Wags once mentioned that ED has no plans of ever releasing early access modules on Steam.

If you want to get your hands on the latest "stuff" from ED you will have to install the stand alone.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

DCS World 2.5 Caucasus July 23rd Update Discussion

Woah, impressive! Can't wait, thanks ED!

Good to know that it will be free, great job.

Edited by Darkbrotherhood7

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolutely OUTSTANDING!!!!!! ED is setting a very high bar in flight simulation. Are there any plans to update the sea? Maybe a few white caps......I know, I know....we're never happy. The team is doing some great work, Matt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Just saw the latest news thread on Caucasus 2.0, and it's looking very nice. My only concern is will performance still be in the same range as the current map version. There's still some people out there including me that cannot run NTTR with their current systems but can still run Caucasus 1.5.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

Just saw the latest news thread on Caucasus 2.0, and it's looking very nice. My only concern is will performance still be in the same range as the current map version. There's still some people out there including me that cannot run NTTR with their current systems but can still run Caucasus 1.5.

Hopefully DCS 2.5 will be more optimized than DCS 2.0.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, yes indeed the Caucasus in DCS2 are looking very nice! The water as well, looks much better.

Nice of Wags to at least talk about a time frame, sounds like they hope to bring the merge to us by the end of the year. From what I am seeing it will be so worth the wait!

I am really looking forward to everything being combined and seeing it in all it's glory!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Nice of Wags to at least talk about a time frame, sounds like they hope to bring the merge to us by the end of the year.

It doesn't 'sound like', it is exactly what was said.

We are still looking at this being completed by the end of 2016.

No interpretation is necessary.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It doesn't 'sound like', it is exactly what was said.

No interpretation is necessary.

That sounds like a best case goal not a hard release date or time frame. Hope it works out in that time period but would rather they go full on like they did Nevada and hopefully increase the elevation mapping resolution. You really see that benefit in VR and 3D. It does look much better when ever it comes it will be nice change as that map is very boring compared to Nevada as far as detail. It's currently a huge step down from Nevada as Nevada is a work of Art.

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

That's interesting. NTTR runs fabulously on my system. However, since the 1.5.4 update in the Caucasus, the release version doesn't run nearly as well for me. I can fly over Vegas with nearly everything maxed (even mirrors on) with acceptable framerates... however, the Caucasus map brings my system to it's knees ever since the 1.5.4 update.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Hmm, the terrain looks nice, but the merge at the end of the year (or even later) is bad news :/

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg