[NOT A BUG] AGM65E laser Maverick and RAID button behaviour with TGP

falcon_120

This a kind request for further research regarding Raid/fov button functionality with laser maverick and TGP on. As of now, carrying laser maverick disable all raid/fov button functionality over the TGP meaning that you cant increase the FoV (narrow to wide) but you can't neither change from CCD to Flir mode.

It's difficult to understand that such behavior is true also for laser mavericks, specially the inability to change from CCD to FLIR mode. Is it possible to have a second look at that?

Thanks in advanced,

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

This a kind request for further research regarding Raid/fov button functionality with laser maverick and TGP on. As of now, carrying laser maverick disable all raid/fov button functionality over the TGP meaning that you cant increase the FoV (narrow to wide) but you can't neither change from CCD to Flir mode.

It's difficult to understand that such behavior is true also for laser mavericks, specially the inability to change from CCD to FLIR mode. Is it possible to have a second look at that?

Thanks in advanced,

You can use the OSB buttons on the DDI that the FLIR is being displayed on, to operate all functionality of the Litening Pod.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

You can use the OSB buttons on the DDI that the FLIR is being displayed on, to operate all functionality of the Litening Pod.

Cheers,

Don

I know that, My request is regarding exclusively the HOTAS functionality (RAID/FoV button).

I know that, My request is regarding exclusively the HOTAS functionality (RAID/FoV button).

Oh. Well the FOV button, as ED has stated, is functioning properly as when the Maverick is selected - it takes priority over the Maverick. Last I tried - pressing and holding the RAID/FLIR button while the FLIR DDI is SOI, still changes between CCD and FLIR views. But you do have to hold the RAID/FLIR button to accomplish that. Haven't tried that with the most recent open beta update though, so unsure if it has changed.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

It has changed, i was trying yesterday in a MP session and it was not working.

Everything was set up correctly and TGP page was SOI. I will try again just in case it was an error on my side, which is totally possible. Or i might just discovered a bug in MP, who knows :).

I'm ok if i can just change CCD to FLIR with a long press. Changing from wide to narrow is also nice but not so critical.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Ok, so I did a bit more testing. It turns out that HOTAS commands works as far as the AGM65E is deselected, so if you deselect the A2G master mode and after that you deselect the AGM65 from the store page, then the RAID/FoV button retake all its functionality, even changing field of view and of course going from CCD to FLIR mode.

On the other hand, the moment you enter A2G mode again and select the AGM65E, even without entering the seeker page, you loose again the functionality.

So I guess that is a good enough workaround for me.

On the other hand, the moment you enter A2G mode again and select the AGM65E, even without entering the seeker page, you loose again the functionality.

Correct. Even upon the initial stage of weapon selection for the Maverick (either flavor) - priority goes to the weapon, rather than the TGP. The RAID/FLIR (long press or hold) via the HOTAS control should still command the optical change of the Litening pod image, even if the Maverick is selected, as long as the DDI currently displaying the FLIR image is set as SOI - but the FOV funcion will not be allowed to command from the HOTAS.

Can definitely be a bit annoying, but once you've got the parameters for functionality sorted out, pros and cons - it can become nearly a non-issue. Nearly. Glad you got it sorted out.

Cheers,

Don

Correct. Even upon the initial stage of weapon selection for the Maverick (either flavor) - priority goes to the weapon, rather than the TGP. The RAID/FLIR (long press or hold) via the HOTAS control should still command the optical change of the Litening pod image, even if the Maverick is selected, as long as the DDI currently displaying the FLIR image is set as SOI - but the FOV funcion will not be allowed to command from the HOTAS.

Can definitely be a bit annoying, but once you've got the parameters for functionality sorted out, pros and cons - it can become nearly a non-issue. Nearly. Glad you got it sorted out.

Cheers,

Don

But according to your description that is not how the system is behaving currently.

Quoting you on this:

"The RAID/FLIR (long press or hold) via the HOTAS control should still command the optical change of the Litening pod image, even if the Maverick is selected, as long as the DDI currently displaying the FLIR image is set as SOI - but the FOV funcion will not be allowed to command from the HOTAS."

Right now selection of Maverick on the store page is disabling the optical change, which should not, and it is disabling the FOV function, which is aparently correct.

But according to your description that is not how the system is behaving currently.

Quoting you on this:

"The RAID/FLIR (long press or hold) via the HOTAS control should still command the optical change of the Litening pod image, even if the Maverick is selected, as long as the DDI currently displaying the FLIR image is set as SOI - but the FOV funcion will not be allowed to command from the HOTAS."

Right now selection of Maverick on the store page is disabling the optical change, which should not, and it is disabling the FOV function, which is aparently correct.

I will be headed to home base within the next hour - will double check and let you know. The FOV is the only one that is supposed to be impacted, so will confirm and reply.

Cheers,

Don

Quoting you on this:

Yes, you are correct - something is amiss and the HOTAS command no longer controls the FLIR image change. Bummer. Back to manual with the OSB I guess. Sadly it seems the CCIP is also still completely broken after the hot fix. Definitely makes it harder to want to fly.

Cheers,

Don