Looking back in CV1

WelshZeCorgi

I find it very realistic and very much acceptable in terms of negotiating a "six check." Certainly it will be more or less difficult for some, depending on mobility and other limiting factors.... For those with any mobility issues, or limitations due to another factor - seems like the logical choice to add a swivel feature to their sim (or if you don't use a sim - just simply sit in an office chair).

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

If FOV is your issue, there are other VR headsets available now that have an FOV pretty close to what we have in real life. As far as accelerating head movement to compensate for a limited FOV, its not a question of if it will cause motion sickness, its a question of how severe it will be. If your eyes and internal "gyros" don't agree with each other, the upchuck factor goes way up. That being said, I'm not sure how useful visual information is in your peripheral vision for the purposes of knowing which way an enemy aircraft is pointing. You might be able to detect him with a wider FOV, but you still need to look pretty much right at him to know how to maneuver and defeat him.

Eaglecash867 is right. Go and try the Index if you have the chance. The 130 degree FOV lets you look over your shoulder at your six.

System

i9 9900K / Asus MAXIMUS XI Hero /

32GB DDR4-4400 / RTX 2080 ti / HOTAS Warthog / MFG Crosswind / Valve Index / HP Reverb / Vive Pro / PIMAX 5k+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Personally I love the fact that it is hard work to look around in VR, I'm in a CV1 as well and I just don't have any issues checking my whole visual space nor do I notice the FOV at all when I'm flying because the immersion is so great for me, I am a pig in mud as it were. I love that after a good session of BFM I am exhausted! And the next day I can feel all those sore neck, shoulder and torso muscles, its a great step towards realism. I was fortunate enough to go for a fly in a real P51D and did some awesome BFM in that flight, I really wanted to see how hard it was to check my 6 under 'G' so I was looking back all the time, it was amazingly easy (But about half an hour after landing I found out I had sprained my neck severely) I get exactly the same perception in VR as I got in that flight so I love it.

Interesting that no one seems into an accelerated view as the OP has tabled, but we don't complain about the zoom...

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz