Current status on multicrew functionality

KansasCS

I would also like to know, because I'm not flying the albatros (not interested in trainers), but I'm eagerly awaiting upcoming multicrew aircraft.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Last time I flew in multicrew, probably about three weeks ago, everything appeared to be 100%.

Simulated failures were working properly, and cockpit controls were properly synchronizing between the intructor/student seat when set appropriately.

The only thing not working presently AFAIK is the ability for the instructor to eject.

Maybe I should rephrase:

What are the current limitations/critical bugs concerning multicrew?

Disclaimer: this is general thing, questionable about licensing and not so about technicals:

Limiting factor with the L-39 is that while it is a trainer, the trainee needs to purchase the license as well to get flight lessons. So the trainee is paying for license to get someone sit with them in the cockpit, instead just using aircrafts like Su-25T for free to do the training while broadcasting the gameplay over video to other players (like via Steam own broadcast).

In other modules that ain't problem at all, as all rest are actual combat aircrafts instead just a trainer (with light attack capability in case of emergencies). But to get someone pay 30-50€ for few hours benefit, it just sounds little off.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Last time I flew in multicrew, probably about three weeks ago, everything appeared to be 100%.

Simulated failures were working properly, and cockpit controls were properly synchronizing between the intructor/student seat when set appropriately.

The only thing not working presently AFAIK is the ability for the instructor to eject.

Thanks, that's nice to hear.

Looking forward to the F-14, Bo-105 and Huey-multicrewing :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Disclaimer: this is general thing, questionable about licensing and not so about technicals:

Limiting factor with the L-39 is that while it is a trainer, the trainee needs to purchase the license as well to get flight lessons. So the trainee is paying for license to get someone sit with them in the cockpit, instead just using aircrafts like Su-25T for free to do the training while broadcasting the gameplay over video to other players (like via Steam own broadcast).

In other modules that ain't problem at all, as all rest are actual combat aircrafts instead just a trainer (with light attack capability in case of emergencies). But to get someone pay 30-50€ for few hours benefit, it just sounds little off.

When was the last time you went to a soccer match?

1 hour 30 minutes for around 30-50 Euros...

When did you last take a flying lesson for less than 50 Euros?

When it comes to value for money, take a look at the wider picture. And also, consider that even after the flying lessons are complete, you still have the L-39 modules (yes, 2 separate distinct versions for the price of one) which have far more to offer than you imagine at first glance.

What other multi player computer software allows 2 players on separate platforms to play for the cost of a single software package?

Enough said?

L-39 guys: how does control hand-off work? are both players joysticks somehow active? or is there a button to determine who gets the controls?

Whether or not its worth it to buy the L-39 to train with someone isn't the topic of this thread. People will decide on their own whether or not its worth it to buy for this purpose.

L-39 guys: how does control hand-off work? are both players joysticks somehow active? or is there a button to determine who gets the controls?

Only one player has control of the stick, pedals and throttle at a time, the pilot spawns in first.

You assign a button to request control which causes a pop up window to appear on the controlling player's PC, he can then accept/decline the request.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2688218&postcount=4

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The control handoff works by a keyboard key command which prompts the system to give that user control. There is no real cockpit system in the L-39 corresponding to this function. It's a bit of fiction for simulation technical reasons.

There are 4 options in the ME to set up the L-39 relating to control transfer permission. These may be confusing but essentially each option determines which seat may (or may not) refuse a control transfer request when asked by the other user.

Aircraft Control Priority:

Pilot - Pilot may refuse.

Instructor - Instructor may refuse.

Ask Always - Pilot and Instructor may refuse.

Equally Responsible - Neither user may refuse.

The controls transferred are only the primary axial ones like stick, rudders, and I think brakes. Both sides can flip switches regardless of who has primary control.

Last I checked multicrew was pretty good. There were a few desynchonizations but nothing major that would prevent most training.

When was the last time you went to a soccer match?

1 hour 30 minutes for around 30-50 Euros...

When did you last take a flying lesson for less than 50 Euros?

When it comes to value for money, take a look at the wider picture. And also, consider that even after the flying lessons are complete, you still have the L-39 modules (yes, 2 separate distinct versions for the price of one) which have far more to offer than you imagine at first glance.

What other multi player computer software allows 2 players on separate platforms to play for the cost of a single software package?

Enough said?

It is not two for the price of one module. The ZA and C are almost the exact same things with slightly different models and some numbers in the code tweaked. If it was indeed 2 completely distinct planes, then ED would charge far higher prices.

It is not two for the price of one module. The ZA and C are almost the exact same things with slightly different models and some numbers in the code tweaked. If it was indeed 2 completely distinct planes, then ED would charge far higher prices.

"Slight differences"... the ZA has an internal gun, more pylons, and an almost completely different cockpit.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

• 2 months later...

hello,

i'm currently thinking of buying the L-39 as my second full module after the a-10c.

i'm especially interested in the multi-crew aspect.

but apart from the use for a trainer, what is the use of the second seat in the attack variant of the l-39? i guess, the l-39 doesn't employ weapons, that would require an weapons officer or something. so the second seat is just for assistance in navigation, yes?

would the attack variant in reality be flown with one pilot only, when no nav assistance is needed?

Be aware multi-crew doesn't currently work in any module really. Tons of bugs and explosions due to syncing problems etc. but I'm sure this matter gets more attention again after the DCS merge. Still a fun aircraft

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

I would not say it doesn´t work, but there are still some bugs, which disturb the gameplay as a kind of "multi-crew" experience.

For example:

-The scope of synchronization depends on when the backseater joins the seat, if he joins after start-up, his instruments and sound are not synchronized and he sits a cold dark pit while the front seat pilot is taxying to takeoff.

-Sometimes the planes explodes if the planes is in an hangar when the second pilot joins.

-The exhaust gas temperature gauge doesn´t work in the back seat?

-Sometimes the oxygen depletes extremely fast, sometimes not

-If you have for example 4 L-39 on a server with 2 pilots in every plane, the server starts to produce extreme lags (here we only tested this once and had this result, never got 8 people back to reproduce the frustrating experience)

So there are issues with the multi-crew that should be addressed, but I never read somewhere that they are, that`s the pity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 2 weeks later...

My friend and I flew multi crew on my lan today for about 2 hours and it all seemed to work fine. Most errors we encountered were our fault, and a few minor synchro issues such as front and rear landing gear levers not syncing but over all quite smooth and an enjoyable experience.

Los

I thought I would add this here as it is kind-of on topic.

When MP missions are created with the L-39, there are some advanced options that can be set.

You can set "solo flight" - you will see an empty back seat and no one can join in your aircraft. I think, from reading lua files, that there is 80 kg less weight in the weight/balance setup of the plane.

The IFR hood can be disabled. (meh...) There is no ILS, so the hood is not very scary anyways.

"Control priority" of the plane defaults to the Instructor. As it should be in real life, but this scenario (instructor in back) is so rarely used that it would be better if this was set to "pilot" or "ask always". No idea of how "equally responsible" would work (option 4).

The default setting means that 3 out of 4 strangers that go into the rear seat will spoil your flight. I've had to stop letting people try it out because of this. Probably best if it was set to "pilot".

Would really love to try multi-crew as it is meant to be used. :)

Our procedure, is that One guy says, Take control (or ask for control)...the guy who has control says You have control of the plane, then the guy who wants control presses the button and say I have control. We haven't tried equal control which is how it usually is in planes, with control passing over by the above mentioned verbal procedure. Also at all times either player can flip switches, drop gear, etc