MFD 5"x5" lcd monitor

Smoke_Eater

I may have a source for a 5"x5" lcd monitor that would be perfect to making A-10C MFds.

The catch is I have to purchase a minimum quantity, which I would be willing to do, and then sell them over the following year (or 2 or 3). Its hard to gauge the actual demand for this in the PC game and hobbyist market. Searching the forums shows some people have been trying to source an appropriate monitor, but the 1:1 aspect ration is impossible to find.

Note these are the same size as the real A-10C MFDs, and will not fit the Cougar MFD OSB bezels.

Who would consider buying a raw LCD (just the frame, no enclosure) and add their own OSB bezel? and at what price range?

How about buying a plug-and-play LCD, with a functional bezel and buttons (presents as a USB joystick), HDMI input, ready to mount on a MIP (looks like the A-10C MFD)?

Maybe with luck, I will have to make a small company to sell these.:)

If it comes with a driver board that accepts something standard like HDMI, DVI or DisplayPort (but without a frame), I'd pay about $100 a piece + shipping.

I have been looking for square displays so I could actually mount my UFC "up front" between the MPCDs in the Harrier. Found a single seller on Alibaba, with a large price range, and haven't bothered to ask what they'd want for two pieces.

I'd take two, maybe three displays (let's face it, I already have a UFC+ODU for the Harrier, that's just asking to buy the Hornet this sale!).

No more than $100.00 to $125.00 you can get LG.PHILIPS LB084S02 with control board for less use them in portrait mode and they will fit in the A-10 C MIP and under the Glare shield.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

I would be interested in just the display

I am planning on using the Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs I have for both the F/A-18C and F-16C cockpits I am planning on building. I would be interested in the pricing of the monitors.

Asus ROG HERO / i9-13900K / 6GHZ /32GB DDR5 6400/ Asus RTX 3090 Ti OC / Samsung SSDs - 2*990 Pro 2TB / PiMax 8KX HMD / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + 4 MFDs + Logitech Rudders on Next Level Racing Rig with Buttkicker Gamer Plus

Note these are the same size as the real A-10C MFDs, and will not fit the Cougar MFD OSB bezels.

So if if I understand this correctly they are slightly LARGER than the viewing are of a Cougar MFD (4.25 inches) But slightly SMALLER than the Cougar MFD overall size (5.5 inches)? if they have image border to border that sounds almost perfect. As far as I know the Cougar is the only real plug and play MFD ring out there...It has to be "the most popular" simply due to numbers

If you're talking something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/p/13028240428?iid=392279920542&rt=nc

Design a "Case /Bezel" that allows the screen to be attached directly to the back of a Cougar MFDs and Brother...you will have hatched a goose that lays golden eggs.

And the nice thing is, you could do multiple bezels for the base screen that to allow them to be attached to scale size MFD rings that are available from other sources. (pcflights, hispapanels, etc)

I'll be watching with interest...

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

So if if I understand this correctly they are slightly LARGER than the viewing are of a Cougar MFD (4.25 inches) But slightly SMALLER than the Cougar MFD overall size (5.5 inches)? if they have image border to border that sounds almost perfect.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I would like to see a drawing. I might be interested

5" × 5" square LCD (correctly sized for F/A-18/A-10C/Harrier and more) I'd be interested in, if decent quality and reasonable price, plus easy to hook up to HDMI or similar. Even more so if it is also easy to mount (threaded holes?) and not too fragile.

Hey guys, one of the lads from 161 has built his F-18 panel using TM MFDs and these screens in portrait mode & using Helios export.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32325924891.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.34584c4dtxLyjB

HDMI/VGA/AV Control Driver Board + 8"inch HJ080IA-01E 1024*768 IPS high-definition LCD Display For Raspberry Pi

Edit: "oops" - on following the ebay link on Siera99's post above, it appears to be an identical item

I had submitted a panel design to the virpil competition, but it didnt make it into the short list due to not meeting guidelines

7a5b7f2e82c0a4fefd31b5e1e045c5cb49bf719a.png

the MFD and the screen panel (as well as the control board) fit into the virpil panel boxes neatly

however there wasn't enough to room to use the display panel and place push buttons around the perimeter and not use the TM MFD

the TM MFDs are well established and this seemed irrational to not utilise them

all that is required for this panel is to:

• cut a recess centrally in the top of the panel box 108mm x 108mm with corners radius to 13mm
  • mount TM MFD control to top of panel (screw holes to be determined, as I don't actually own one)
  • mount LCD panel to inside of top panel (screen size 174mm × 136mm × 2.75mm)
  • mount controller board to base of panel box (Board Size:70mm x 50mm x 8mm)

obviously any panel box that meets the measurement requirements could be used.

Edited by gadgetguru

Interesting but a bit OT. There many ways to mount a bezel on a display that is larger than it. The problem is the "sandwitch", the gray part in your render that shows within the bezel. In the real MFD you don't see that. If we find a square display the right size we will not see that. The point is to mount the bezel directly on the display, without sandwitching the panel in the middle.