How to address "Smoothing double vision"?

LeonRedbone

Hey,

So I have both a Vive Pro, and a 5k+. My question is how do you address the double vision of enemy planes in gun range combat? I mean does everyone just put up with it? PID is nearly impossible unless you're 200 yards from your target lol.

I say that because I can't get any faster hardware (2080TI, 9900k, 32Gb etc. all overclocked)

Am I missing something here? I even try at lowest settings and still get dropped to 45FPS because 90 just isn't attainable 100 percent.

Nick

This is with motion smoothing enabled. Seems it's an artifact of the system itself from what I read. If MS is on (45fps) fast moving objects appear double.

Sounds like a similar thing to the ghosting effect on the Rift S I’m getting with ASW on...

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Sounds like a similar thing to the ghosting effect on the Rift S I’m getting with ASW on...

Yeah, ghosting is an appropriate way to describe it. Happens to shadow on ground as well.

Any fixes? With this problem gone, It would be a perfect experience for me.

Yeah, ghosting is an appropriate way to describe it. Happens to shadow on ground as well.

Any fixes? With this problem gone, It would be a perfect experience for me.

The only way I can get rid of the ghosting effect is to turn off the ASW and let the frames go free and up to 85 and then down to like 60 ish when in the weeds. However, for whatever reason this induces awful stuttering I can't for the life of me work out why especially when the frames are high.

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

You are cranking the eye candy or PD&SS to far up. Dial it down, and the ghosting will disapear.

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

• 2 weeks later...
You are cranking the eye candy or PD&SS to far up. Dial it down, and the ghosting will disapear.

The problem isn't pd or eye candy. If you use ASW or similar and drop to ANYTHING below 90fps this artifact appears. The only way to get rid of it is to disable any smoothing but then you get bad stutters at anything below 90.

I guess we have to wait for better hardware or optimizations in order to get 90fps constant.

• 2 weeks later...

What LeonRedbone said. There's a lot of misinformation on here about ghosting, as many people don't actually know what it means. But it's basically impossible to have a smooth, crisp experience AND remove reprojection ghosting.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals