Problem in the weapon traing tutorial

jfri

In this tutorial things works as expected until I first fire a missile to the first target. But on the second target things does not work.

I can't fire any more missiles from the outboard store

I can have the chopper turn to the new target but the two green circles on the HUD does not overlap like in the first target.

The HMS does not show a single crosshair but also two yellow circles.

I can place the target reticle on the skhval over the vehicle and have a lock ( TA)

Provide a track, or it didn't happen. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I can have the chopper turn to the new target but the two green circles on the HUD does not overlap like in the first target.

Just to be sure, did you make a small correction with your pedals after the chopper had turned to your second target?

Most often you need to to get the circles overlap, the "turn to target" ability of the AP isn't that exact.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Just to be sure, did you make a small correction with your pedals after the chopper had turned to your second target?

Most often you need to to get the circles overlap, the "turn to target" ability of the AP isn't that exact.

Didn't use rudders. I tried pressing the left arrow key and then the chopper continued turning around and it was not possibly to stop that. I will try the rudder pedals next time.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, in that mission the first target aligns perfectly, but the second one you have to help aligning using your rudder. That's normal for the Ka-50.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map