Version of Saitek SST that supports X65F and likes DCS 2.1 / Win10

rag48

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a link to a version of the Saitek SST software that a) plays nice with DCS 2.1 and Windows 10

.... AND ....

b) includes support for the X65F HOTAS?

SST doesn't seem to be available on the Saitek downloads webpage (it's blank), and so I'm hoping another simmer might have a copy.

In scouring the forums I found a link to version 6.6.6.9, with indications that it doesn't cause problems, however when I installed it the X65F was not listed in the drop down box of available products to map.

I would like to map the throttle scroll wheel as well as the rotary knob axes, but understand the only way to do this is with SST. I also saw from reading the forum that some versions have unwanted behavior.

Of course if anyone knows of a workaround that doesn't require SST, that would be great too.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Thank you nuts - I would really appreciate that. I have used the X65F without SST for years, but now that I have VR there are some extra things I want to map in order to minimize keyboard use.

I agree the the X65 rocks! I bought a HOTAS warthog as an 'upgrade' but after experiencing both, chose to stick with the X65.

Hi Raq,

sorry that i have no link for you but a question, if you dont mind? ;)

Im currently thinking about installing Win10 on my Gaming-PC (coming from a "stable" Win7 install, the least hated Windows i had in the last 20years) but fear about compatibility Problems with "older" Hardware like my Saitek X65F. Is the X65F working correctly with Windows10 (i dont need the sst software) or there any problems? Is the ability to manual start the calibration process of the stick in driver settings also there (this feature comes with one of the last Win7 Drivers)?

Thanks in Advance for your Answer.

Hi MoeZ,

In Windows 10 the X65F (for me) works perfectly. I don't even think I had to install any drivers for it, it just worked when I plugged it in and it was automatically detected by DCS. I will check the calibration manual start option and come back to you (I don't use that feature).

MoeZ,

If you type "joy.cpl" into the Win10 search box, the familiar box showing the list of windows game controllers will come up. from there you can click on properties or advanced and adjust some settings of the X65. Hope that helps.

Rag48