VR optician

Mr. Big.Biggs

Just received my lens inserts from VR Opticians today for my index.

Best 70 bucks I’ve spent (sans the Index itself of course)

Perfect clarity and comfort since I no longer have my glasses stuck under the headset. Also allows me to crank in the field of view thingy giving me a very broad view in all 4 directions.

Highly recommended if your a glasses wearer like myself.

Cheers!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

+1, I've had prescription lens inserts from 3 different companies for 6 different headsets now, and VR Opticians is by FAR the best to deal with. Best comms, they sent me a link within a day of ordering each time to track the progress of my lenses, and their product IMO is superior - big time - to the competition.

As Vince Offer from Shamwow says - You know the Germans make "good stuff".

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Same experience with VR Optician, very happy with the lenses.

I added the blue filter. I have large spherical correction 5.25/4.0, so it was more expensive but definitively worth their price.

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

+ another 1.

Used glasses with my cv1.

Switched to vr lenses with the Rift S, much better

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Yep +1, massive improvement in clarity for cost, in the Reverb, great product

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Same experience with VR Optician, very happy with the lenses.

I added the blue filter. I have large spherical correction 5.25/4.0, so it was more expensive but definitively worth their price.

I too have a medium-ish astigmatism in my right eye, which increased the cost from 99 to 122$ CAD, but IMO this is still an extremely good price and value for these lenses. Considering I paid MORE from 2 other makers, which provided a vastly inferior product, I'm very satisfied with the cost to value ratio that this company provides. Must have IMO for any VR user that needs near sighted correction, and should be budgeted into any VR purchase, again IMO. The Rift S has been the only headset that my glassed fit comfortably in, the Reverb is awful on that count for me.

Chapa - have you any experience with lenses without the added Blue filter they offer, in order to compare what it's like with or without it? Even if not, could you perhaps expand a bit on how that Blue/filter option is? I've not gotten it on any of the lens sets I've purchased, and now I'm wondering if I should email them and get them to add it to my current order which is just beginning it's process.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

@Gman109 Unfortunatly, I can't really answer your questions because it's my first VR lenses. In theory, the blue filter has the effect to change the color balance with more yellow. Having glasses with blue filter, I am already accustomed, so can't give feeling about it.

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

I had the blue filters on my o+ I didn't get them on my reverb... I can't tell the difference....

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I'm still waiting on mine. Should've been here Tuesday.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals