Problem with the speed and others

Ferchu1976

Hi, I have several problems with the FA 18. Once that is launched from the carrier it doesnt accelerate. Full afterburner, gear up, no speedbrake but the speed keeps at 170-180 knots....´

Other big problem is that the mouse cursor doesnt match the keys in the cockpit. I put the cursor in whatever switch but doesnt work, I have to move several inches to the left or right to make it works.

Anyone can help me????

Thanks!

To your first question, it could be a few things. You might check the special options to see if Afterburner detents are enabled or not. You also may be taking off in full flaps and/or not switching to auto flaps upon takeoff. You may also be pitching up manually after the cat shot and nearly stalling the aircraft. It should be trimmed for hands off on-speed and the jet will pitch up properly as soon as it leaves the catapult, no pitch input needed.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Also, make sure you are checking your aircraft weight...after resetting your T/O Trim, drop flaps to half (takeoff settings) and trim for ACFT WT...too far back trim and you can induce stall and restrict speed on T/O.

Weight Nose Up Trim

44,000 LBS and Below 16 Degrees

44,001 -- 48,000 LBS 17 Degrees

49,000 LBS and Above 19 Degrees

The only time you takeoff with standard 12 Degrees is shore-based runway.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, I have several problems with the FA 18. Once that is launched from the carrier it doesnt accelerate. Full afterburner, gear up, no speedbrake but the speed keeps at 170-180 knots....´

Other big problem is that the mouse cursor doesnt match the keys in the cockpit. I put the cursor in whatever switch but doesnt work, I have to move several inches to the left or right to make it works.

Anyone can help me????

Thanks!

With regard to your second point, are you running DCS in a resolution lower than your monitor’s native?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

To your first question, it could be a few things. You might check the special options to see if Afterburner detents are enabled or not. You also may be taking off in full flaps and/or not switching to auto flaps upon takeoff. You may also be pitching up manually after the cat shot and nearly stalling the aircraft. It should be trimmed for hands off on-speed and the jet will pitch up properly as soon as it leaves the catapult, no pitch input needed.

I have correctly trimmed. Also the problem with the speed is during cruise. I set full after burner and doesnt accelerate properly.....

Also, make sure you are checking your aircraft weight...after resetting your T/O Trim, drop flaps to half (takeoff settings) and trim for ACFT WT...too far back trim and you can induce stall and restrict speed on T/O.

Weight Nose Up Trim

44,000 LBS and Below 16 Degrees

44,001 -- 48,000 LBS 17 Degrees

49,000 LBS and Above 19 Degrees

The only time you takeoff with standard 12 Degrees is shore-based runway.

I checked all of the above but continue with the problem. Also the problem is during cruise....I set full after burner but the acceleration is really slow!

Where can I check that???

Look at your DCS setting and compare with your monitor’s native resolution.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I havnt read the whole thread so sorry if someone has already mentioned this but make sure your throttle detent is OFF.

You might be selecting full power and only getting MIL because of the AB detent. Go to your special options in the main game options and click on the F/A-18C and make sure you turn OFF the detent.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;4181738']I havnt read the whole thread so sorry if someone has already mentioned this but make sure your throttle detent is OFF.

You might be selecting full power and only getting MIL because of the AB detent. Go to your special options in the main game options and click on the F/A-18C and make sure you turn OFF the detent.

I checked that and its off. But also when Im flying, I set full afterburner , I check visualy and doesnt acelerate....

When I fly the missions launched from the carrier I retract gear as soon as I leave the deck and flaps right after that. I hold climb at about 20 degrees and have no problem accelerating to 400+.

Once airborne, full after burner, gear and flaps up if Im lucky I have only 300 knots....

Qu1 - what stores do you have hanging off your wings when getting this result, is it the same with a clean aircraft?

Qu2 - what angle of attack are you seeing when experiencing these acceleration problems?

Often I have trouble staying below 300kts long enough to retract the gear!

The only time I have been flying the Hornet and thought "Hmm...full burner...why am I so slow?"

...I was trying to get an angle on an enemy cargo aircraft and in my overzealous approach had bled too much speed and because of this my AoA was very high maintaining the turn, leading to high drag and very low acceleration.

(I am also wondering if, on top of AoA-induced drag, that the engine makes less power at high AoA? Due to inlet geometry?)

Can you verify using the IFEI that you're in afterburner by looking at the fuel flow? General rule of thumb I use is, if it's over 100, you're probably in burner.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Sounds like game mode or game avionics to me.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

@Ferchu1976: Have you checked this:

To your first question, it could be a few things. You might check the special options to see if Afterburner detents are enabled or not.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Qu1 - what stores do you have hanging off your wings when getting this result, is it the same with a clean aircraft?

Qu2 - what angle of attack are you seeing when experiencing these acceleration problems?

Often I have trouble staying below 300kts long enough to retract the gear!

The only time I have been flying the Hornet and thought "Hmm...full burner...why am I so slow?"

...I was trying to get an angle on an enemy cargo aircraft and in my overzealous approach had bled too much speed and because of this my AoA was very high maintaining the turn, leading to high drag and very low acceleration.

(I am also wondering if, on top of AoA-induced drag, that the engine makes less power at high AoA? Due to inlet geometry?)

The load its only AA missiles....and the AOA I try to have 5 max 10 degrees.....