DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Great program! But it works for me only in local server 127.0.0.1.

When i try to connect with 89.163.173.82 (blueflag) or 37.59.10.136 (TAW) my "Connect" button is changing for "connecting" but then it comes back to "Connect".

Also in simpleradio clientlog there is an information "12:50:28 Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.ClientSync error connecting to server

12:50:28 Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.ClientSync Disconnecting from server"

Even when i turn off my Firewall there is nothing i can do to work it out. Any advice?

Edit: Also new blueflag address isn't working 5.189.162.17

I'll double check when I'm back at my PC tonight and let you know if I find anything odd. Would you mind posting the version of SimpleRadio you're using? Just right click on the exe and go to properties then details, windows should show you the version.

Finally managed to do some proper MP testing last night using the F-5E.

We had some weird effect with received comms which sounded like an issue with the network connection rather than radio interference/degradation. All participants heard the same thing, kind of like a juddering you'd expect with a low quality digital signal. Anyone had similar and/or know a solution.

Otherwise very impressive so far, very much looking forward to the additional features coming along.

If you can, I know its a big ask.... but could you get a recording? That'll really help me track it down. If anyone else is experiencing it as well, let me know as it might've been introduced by the UDP protocol change

Hi Ciribob,

could it be possible that players who connect to a radio server fly in different mission server?

E.g. Player A,B,C, and D connect to 37.59.10.136, A and B fly in mission server 1, C and D fly in server 2.

Can A and B communicate with each other ?

Can A and C communicate with each other ?

Regards,

Rgls

Currently thats not how the radio is setup, so A B C & D would be able to hear each other (assuming either they're the same coalition or Coalition security is turned off) but I will be looking at adding that in future based on the mission you're currently playing. It will be a server-side option to toggle though so it'll be up to the server admins. :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Just a tiny proposalto the SR-Overlay:

Could we have a option to select if we want to have the radio(s) stacked "sidebyside" instead of ontop of eachother. I imagine that my single monitor setup will benefit if I can just put the SR-Overlay in the top or bottom with the radios side by side instead of taking almost as much space as the chat or input indicator :D

Yeah it is not that important just a welcomed improvement :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a tiny proposalto the SR-Overlay:

Could we have a option to select if we want to have the radio(s) stacked "sidebyside" instead of ontop of eachother. I imagine that my single monitor setup will benefit if I can just put the SR-Overlay in the top or bottom with the radios side by side instead of taking almost as much space as the chat or input indicator :D

Yeah it is not that important just a welcomed improvement :D

I second this. When flying FC3 aircraft, I'd rather have the radios on the bottom of the screen where they take up least useful space, than on the side where they cut away some of my external view.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

If you can, I know its a big ask.... but could you get a recording? That'll really help me track it down. If anyone else is experiencing it as well, let me know as it might've been introduced by the UDP protocol change

I'll grab something next time we fly with it, possibly not until next weekend though.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

App not recognizing forward and back keys on mouse (thumb) pls include them (names "MouseButton5" and "6" I think, or do you need some special IDs that I can provide you Ciribob?)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I'll double check when I'm back at my PC tonight and let you know if I find anything odd. Would you mind posting the version of SimpleRadio you're using? Just right click on the exe and go to properties then details, windows should show you the version.

Currently thats not how the radio is setup, so A B C & D would be able to hear each other (assuming either they're the same coalition or Coalition security is turned off) but I will be looking at adding that in future based on the mission you're currently playing. It will be a server-side option to toggle though so it'll be up to the server admins. :)

Thank you,

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

Thank you,

I tested last night with the Blue flag latest ip and it connected ok. Are you on a wireless connection or anything like that?

I figured out what was going on after the update. I needed the new ip.

Ah yes sorry Sniper, we need to update the map! Crash who runs it is away at the moment so we'll always put the ip here for now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LYS-K2EBGBZ1RjD0UGUdOkAXJBGw3mmRQZ2cSsdbJao/edit?usp=drive_web

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Please move the "PTT" control above the "Radio 1" button in controls, as I and many many others had the problem that we thought we only need to set "Radio 1" with a button for PTT, but it seems "PTT" button setting alone is enough, so to make easier for ned SR users I recommend moving the "PTT" control to the top. :)

And a big big thank you for this program!!!

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

With the setting 'Radio switch works PTT' Radio Button 1 is the PTT key for that radio. Without that setting I believe you need to select the radio (still with Radio 1-3 hotkeys) you want to transmit to and push the SR-PTT button.

If you have a TM Warthog for example you can bind your 4 way mic switch to the three radios plus another free for TS3 etc.

Maybe a small text hint on that page would be good to explain? Some kind of questio mark you can hover your mouse over and a tooltip appears... :) What I saw a few times and did wrong myself, was people binding SR PTT + TS3 PTT on the same button and transmitting on both and causing confusion.

How are people with other hardware that needs modifiers for example dealing with the hotkeys? Maybe that would be good to talk about to help others quickly set up.

BTW a request, I believe every restart SR selects the soundoutput based on my 'windows default setting for sound' (?), I change this a lot around between my headset and speakers. Could the setting I choose please be saved between SR restarts?

Another question and possible feature request, how would normal players go about reporting abuse? If for any reason I want to report to server admin "user X says Y" is there any way for players (or even admins) to monitor which player is speaking? I guess this is probably pretty easy to isolate via the frequencys but might get more difficult if there are more players. No idea how much info the server admin currently has.

I just wanted to throw that out, not even with specific eye on BS events, but this stuff is sadly sure to come up in the future with, it's the internet afterall. :)

Edited by ApoNOOB

Would be great to add a drop down for the server IP, seeing both 104th and buddyspike support would be convenient to be able to save server IP addresses (even though they've changed several times)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ciribob,

We're having trouble getting the server to work. I followed your instructions and as far as I know it should be working. I've placed the two files, DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua and the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua in the users scripts folder and when I run the server it shows the clients connected to the server. We're running the server on the same network as our squad server. It's on a home network through a router but the correct ports are open. We tried entering the F-15C but when we get in the pit we hear everything just like Teamspeak is normally. I've tried several different things to fix it but nothing is working. Do you have any idea what the problem could be? I have the server log file I can post if needed. Thanks in advance.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would be great to add a drop down for the server IP, seeing both 104th and buddyspike support would be convenient to be able to save server IP addresses (even though they've changed several times)

I second this. Being able to bookmark IP's would be a huge plus.

Hey Ciribob,

first off all great addition to DCS and blueflag. May I add two feature requests? I would like to minimize the standalone client to the system tray, would this be possible? Another thing is, maybe you could make the overlay saving its size, transparency and position when closing.

Another strange thing happend to me lately was that I had to push the PTT button once to hear anyone. I was flying on blueflag with gci on 264 and I was wondering why noone is saying anything on that frequency when others assured me that gci is on 264. After I made a mic check (meaning I transmitted) I could hear everyone talking.

Feature request (unless you already implemented it). An option for separate encryption keys for each coalition. That way there could be spying and such on unencrypted channels but encrypted comms would be secret.

Once i've got the major work done for the new GCI panel out of the way, I'm going to change how encryption keys are done so you can set them manually and will be 4 characters. Won't be for a while though but its on the list.

Yes, I will add to the list a favourites page so you can save IPs but again probably not until after the GCI Panel :)

Hi Ciribob,

We're having trouble getting the server to work. I followed your instructions and as far as I know it should be working. I've placed the two files, DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua and the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua in the users scripts folder and when I run the server it shows the clients connected to the server. We're running the server on the same network as our squad server. It's on a home network through a router but the correct ports are open. We tried entering the F-15C but when we get in the pit we hear everything just like Teamspeak is normally. I've tried several different things to fix it but nothing is working. Do you have any idea what the problem could be? I have the server log file I can post if needed. Thanks in advance.

Ah for the server DCS, uninstall the scripts as they're not needed and might cause issues on the same network as your PC.

When you say you hear everything, do you mean everyone hears all broadcasts no matter the frequency they're transmitting on? By default if you all jump in F-15s you will hear each other as they all default to the same frequency.

Hey Ciribob,

first off all great addition to DCS and blueflag. May I add two feature requests? I would like to minimize the standalone client to the system tray, would this be possible? Another thing is, maybe you could make the overlay saving its size, transparency and position when closing.

Another strange thing happend to me lately was that I had to push the PTT button once to hear anyone. I was flying on blueflag with gci on 264 and I was wondering why noone is saying anything on that frequency when others assured me that gci is on 264. After I made a mic check (meaning I transmitted) I could hear everyone talking.

System tray is on the list, again probably not until after the GCI panel and i'll add saving of the transparency, size and position to the list :)

Yes the second thing is how it has to work unfortunately, always transmit once you've jump in an aircraft just to test the audio and open up the ports so you can hear.

I need to make an FAQ and add that!!! :)

I tested last night with the Blue flag latest ip and it connected ok. Are you on a wireless connection or anything like that?

No, it is from local internet provider ~30mb/s cable connection. Is there a way to check radio server IP with some program or something? maybe i have a blocked port or i don't know.

Ah for the server DCS, uninstall the scripts as they're not needed and might cause issues on the same network as your PC.

When you say you hear everything, do you mean everyone hears all broadcasts no matter the frequency they're transmitting on? By default if you all jump in F-15s you will hear each other as they all default to the same frequency.

Thanks for your response Ciribob.

I tried with and without the scripts so I wasn't absolutely sure if that was causing the problem. I'll delete the scripts.

I was running the server executable from the desktop. Is there a correct place to put that file?

We are hearing everything and not hearing the radio sounds even though we enabled it on the individual clients. We tried switching channels but still heard everything like we were just using normal Teamspeak. I can see the clients connected to the server.

With UniversRadio we have to turn off anti-flood. Are there similar problems regarding Teamspeak with SimpleRadio?

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the Huey I'm a bit confused about the Radio buttons PTT function. If I assign any button for common PTT, then this button will make the active radio (selected by the radio turnknob) transmit as long I hold the "Common PTT" assigned button. Does any Radio 1, 2 or 3 Client button switch also activate the corresponding radio AND transmitting on it as long I hold the Radio X key down?

The Huey is fully implemented, so the radio is selected with the radio selector in the sim and the PTT is the one of the sim.

The radio buttons and the PTT button in the simpleradio client are only for the modules that don´t allow to export the radio selector and/or PTT data:

A10C: radio selector and PTT

KA-50: PTT

FC3: radio selector and PTT

Mirage: radio selector and PTT

BF-109: PTT

FW190: PTT

Gazelle: radio selector and PTT

Hawk: PTT

C101: PTT

All other modules are fully implemented, so the selection of the radio and the "push to talk" are done within DCS.

In the Huey ....

In its current version, SR will work on the UH-1h DCS bindings…

I.e. In game, in a Huey, turning the rotary mode 1 -2 -3 will switch SR channels, engaging the PTT will transmit on that channel.

Map say a HAT switch to the Intercom Mode rotary and another mapping for the Pilot Radio Trigger ICS.

The Huey has 2 pilots. DCS has 1. Fly the Huey in an environment where you are the lead and are working all three channels simultaneously you may have some difficulty dependent on your devices and setup.

However in SR Client if you set Radio 1, 2 & 3 to the Hat switch (which is also mapped in DCS to the Intercom rotary) and then in the settings page engage Radio Switch works PTT THEN if you push and hold down the HAT switch, DCS will change the Intercom rotary to the correct channel and SR will transmit as long as the HAT switch is pressed.

This gives one control to both change channel and transmit rather than 2.

Additionally be aware that some devices are not recognised by SR client as ‘set’able i.e. DSD Flight 1.

If you are using a keyboard, in DCS you can set 2 key mappings to the same function.

Default keyboard action for Intercom 1 is Right Shift + Right CTRL + R. You can only use 1 modifier in SR client NOT 2.

So bind Intercom 1 to ‘U’ as well. (a spare key) Set ‘U’ in SR Client for Radio 1 and have the 'Radio Switch works PTT' engaged.

Pressing ‘U’ will now switch to Intercom 1 Radio (FM) and transmit as long as it is pressed.

SIGBLOCK.png

Thanks for your response Ciribob.

I tried with and without the scripts so I wasn't absolutely sure if that was causing the problem. I'll delete the scripts.

I was running the server executable from the desktop. Is there a correct place to put that file?

We are hearing everything and not hearing the radio sounds even though we enabled it on the individual clients. We tried switching channels but still heard everything like we were just using normal Teamspeak. I can see the clients connected to the server.

With UniversRadio we have to turn off anti-flood. Are there similar problems regarding Teamspeak with SimpleRadio?

This may sound like a silly question but are you sure your not just transmitting and receiving through TeamSpeak?

SimpleRadio Standalone is an entirely separate system to TeamSpeak (no need to change any teamspeak settings as they don't touch each other) so try muting yourself on TeamSpeak or disconnecting entirely, then talking using the the SimpleRadio PTT. You should see the radio frequency colour turn to white on the overlay of which ever radio you've got selected.

Might be worth watching the overview video on the first post as I demo it working separately from TS.

This may sound like a silly question but are you sure your not just transmitting and receiving through TeamSpeak?

SimpleRadio Standalone is an entirely separate system to TeamSpeak...

I didn't understand that so that's very likely what the problem is. We were testing it with Teamspeak still running. So what you're saying is that we can essentially just turn Teamspeak off and use SR on it's own. We'll give it another try this evening. Thanks!

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]