.. He has lost interest in this forum/ DCS since his posting rights were taken away a few months ago.

Sorry to hear that, tell him that he will be missed :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I talked to him and he's no longer going to be making the CH products sensors. :(

Well, thats not exactly true. I have a bunch of CH Pro Throttle sensors in stock right now.

The CH stick sensors are a bit tricky. First of all they have a different max angle and the axle supports the structure of the whole gimbal. In future stick sensors may very well be coming back. rel4y has sent me CAD files of a new revision, but it also needs a new PCB. So I need to convince him somehow to make this new PCB. :smilewink:

Well, thats not exactly true. I have a bunch of CH Pro Throttle sensors in stock right now.

The CH stick sensors are a bit tricky. First of all they have a different max angle and the axle supports the structure of the whole gimbal. In future stick sensors may very well be coming back. rel4y has sent me CAD files of a new revision, but it also needs a new PCB. So I need to convince him somehow to make this new PCB. :smilewink:

If you ever make the stick sensors I'll be standing by.:thumbup:

Welcome back rel4y !!

I just wanted to say, I have two Ch Fightersticks, so I'd be interested in getting upgrade kits for both of them, if possible at some time.

I also recently bought an old gameport CH Flightstick Pro, more for curiosity and nostalgia... but if you offer sensors for the Fighterstick, I might check and see if they would work on the Pro. Resurecting good old sticks like that would account for probably very few customers, but if it's the same or nearly the same effort, might still be worthwhile.

I personally would love to have the extra precision in a CH !! Thank you for your efforts!

Mtwsims,

I've sent you an e-mail about ordering one of your hall sensors sets. Could you please confirm you've received it?

Thanks a lot.

Judy (Manu)

Hey Judy,

I received it and answered today. Had some important business over the last days.

The USB standalone adapter stock is getting low. I have already ordered new parts however. Another batch of shipments will go out tomorrow.

I can post again! :drunk: Incredible!

Welcome back! Any chance you will produce the CH Fighterstick kits again?

:thumbup:

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Thank you so much for the TM Cougar USB throttle upgrade and the new sensors for my stick. The USB upgrade solved the problem of microstick drift right away. If you are on the fence about upgrading, do it. :-)

Thank you my friend! :)

Btw I just made 6 new USB adapters + sensors, but after that I am out for a few weeks. The newest revision of sensors are all in 1 piece, I will attach a photo shortly.

Edited by mtwsims

• 2 weeks later...

Big batch of shipments left the shop today.

We have to order new 3D printed parts for all sensors, all electrical/ mechanical parts are already ordered or in stock. That may take up to two weeks, so the Throttle adapters (with digital GMR sensor) will not be available for that time. If anybody knows of a good 3D printing service in Europe, which does SLS Nylon please contact me. I have had some bad experiences with Shapeways lately. :noexpression:

14 Bit GMR sensor is out of stock!

This, pretty please.

Its in the works and will be significantly improved. If testing goes well, my estimate is end of November.

Edited by mtwsims

Nice!

When available, I will be ordering Ch Fighterstick kits for two joysticks... one for use, and a second as a ready-to-go backup!

BTW: have you considered making an upgrade kit like this, for the civilian flight sim market? I'm specifically talking about the CH Products Flight Sim Yoke (both the basic version and the "Eclipse" yoke which is an upgrded one with more buttons functions and color throttle levers) and CH Rudder Pedals? Their yokes seem to be quite common and popular among civil FlightSim set, but also seem to suffer a little from lack of precision. I bet such an upgrade, especialy if it included an upgrade to the throttle pitch and mix levers, would sell VERY well.

I say don't overlook the non-shooting flight sim market if you want to expand your business!! Even back in 2004, the one sold by microsofties in Redmond, sold big numbers. And today there's flight software by Laminar, Lockheed, Dovetail and very soon a sequel that is getting a lot of attention too. But yoke hardware market consists of only two inexpensive and very common yokes, the Ch pair of yokes, and the Saitek yoke. Honeycomb yoke is nearly double the price, and the rest is basically nearly a $1000 and up.

Edited by Rick50
youtubz won't display proper

Just got one of the CH Throttle sensors. Haven't soldered it in yet but just initial calibration looks amazing, no jitter! I know I keep nagging but now I NEED two in my fighterstick.

Sent from my ASUS_I01WDX using Tapatalk

Glad you guys like our sensors! I made sure these are as precise as it gets!:)

Here is a little update on the new CH sensors. Proto PCBs ran through testing, now they go into full production. Maybe one or two more iterations of the 3D printed case.. A significant amount of engineering went into these, boy I can tell you! The CH gimbal layout makes it really hard to design a good contactless replacement sensor! But I am confident I have it solved.:thumbup:

CH-sensor-PCBs.jpg

There is a lot more, but I will just show one little sneak peak. I designed the following piece of kit last November and made a few testprints back then. I feel now it is time for a full stainless steel version. Looks a lot like Aarnds latest FCC3, doesnt it? Electronics are updated though. :music_whistling:

IMG-20190203-162819.jpg IMG-20190203-210058.jpg IMG-20190203-212350.jpg

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Awesome. Are you having to replace the whole gimbal to do it or something or is it just the sensors?

Sent from my ASUS_I01WDX using Tapatalk

Just the sensors. The new CH sensors should now (at least in theory) fit all CH products. I dont own the Yoke or pedals, but from pictures it should be a direct fit. Also no soldering required, the crimp terminals are the same as on the original pots. :thumbup:

I am also working on a new mainboard for the Combatstick/ Fighterstick, which updates it to 10-14 Bit resolution. Lets see what makes the most sense. :smilewink:

• Like 1

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Just the sensors. The new CH sensors should now (at least in theory) fit all CH products. I dont own the Yoke or pedals, but from pictures it should be a direct fit. Also no soldering required, the crimp terminals are the same as on the original pots. :thumbup:

I am also working on a new mainboard for the Combatstick/ Fighterstick, which updates it to 10-14 Bit resolution. Lets see what makes the most sense. :smilewink:

Great news for us CH guys, thanks!!

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Thank you too, good Sir! Yeah, got hit by a car, then flew like a bird - at least for a few seconds - or so they say. Shit happens, but it certainly makes you value life that much more.

Ouch! after recently getting hit by a Honda Goldwing and getting punted down the road I feel for you, and am glad you are recovering.

My bike an FJR1300 was close to being written off just for a few scratches on the farings, I thank my Sidi armour in my jacket and trousers that I suffered no more than feeling stiff afterwards.

Anyway I sent an email asking about replacement pots etc. for the cougar joystick and throttle.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

There is a lot more, but I will just show one little sneak peak. I designed the following piece of kit last November and made a few testprints back then. I feel now it is time for a full stainless steel version. Looks a lot like Aarnds latest FCC3, doesnt it? Electronics are updated though. :music_whistling:

Yes please :) we need that FCC3 footprint

Hey guys,

Sorry to all those waiting for a response to their email, I caught a flu and was knocked out for almost two weeks. Currently rel4y and I are investing 99% of our freetime in the development of new cool mods and producing new units of our already existing mods.

I think next monday we will have everything back in stock and should able to ship them goodies again. In case you are waiting for response to an email of yours, I am very sorry but please be patient, I will answer you this weekend! Big fat promise! :)

Thank you all for your support!