DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Actually here's some LUA that'll fix it. Just replace the one in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts (no need for an installer)

Attached are some screenshots showing the Encrypted Radio working in DCS. The +E indicates which radio will have voice encryption enabled. The radio is selected with either C/RAD 1 (UHF) or C/RAD 2 (VHF). Setting the KY58 to plain turns off encryption.

With the voice encryption turned on and activated on either the VHF or UHF radio, anyone else on the same frequency without Voice encryption or if the Fill channel doesnt match will just hear white noise. You will still be able to receive non encrypted voice without issue.

Just picking up on this (a bit behind on this thread) in the A-10C C/RAD 2 encrypts the VHF/FM radio, not the VHF/AM radio. VHF/AM cannot be secured.

Have you/are you implementing the audio tones when KY-58 is active?

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Ciribob: For the encryption feature, would it be possible to add a function so that the player would need to set the key fill (could be a set amount of characters, for example 4), and then in order to be able to communicate, when speaking encrypted, everyone need to have the same fill (same characters).

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Any help would be appreciated as i would like to use this awesome mod :)

Would you mind posting your Export.lua? Do you use anything like Helios or other programs that require modification of your Export.lua?

As a first pass, backup your current Export.lua and delete everything out of it, so its completely blank and then add in the line :

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

Hope that works for you! If not it might be a firewall issue. One one rare occasion for the old TS version I saw DCS being unable to send UDP data which was randomly fixed when windows was reinstalled so I hope its not that...

Correct. Each kill fill is an entirely independent crypto key, if you're not on the same key as someone else you won't be able to descramble their transmissions and vice versa if you're encrypting using a different key to someone they won't hear yours either.

In case it's not clear the key 1/2/3/4/5/6 selection on the KY-58 panel are not fixed channels or modifiers of a single key as has been implemented in other solutions, they are entirely independent key loads.

Aircraft having a minimum of one secure voice radio is a NATO requirement, so yes, the Mirage and every complaint other tactical aircraft in service with a NATO member today does.

It's worth noting (as DCS modelling may not make it clear) that while the A-10C and some others have separate physical cockpit control panels for secure comms, many more modern aircraft have the control functions embedded in their UFC/DED/MFD etc. along with Havequick and the other radio controls so their presence will not be obvious.

Thanks a lot! I'll add that in then.

I'll assign the key 3 on the A10-C to be the same as the Mirage key but I'll make it obvious where it is in the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua so you can change it. Eventually I'll probably make a whole panel for encryption for all Nato Aircraft.

Do the Russian aircraft have their own similar system?

Just picking up on this (a bit behind on this thread) in the A-10C C/RAD 2 encrypts the VHF/FM radio, not the VHF/AM radio. VHF/AM cannot be secured.

I'll fix that so its the FM not the AM radio.

Thank you very much for this information! :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ciribob: For the encryption feature, would it be possible to add a function so that the player would need to set the key fill (could be a set amount of characters, for example 4), and then in order to be able to communicate, when speaking encrypted, everyone need to have the same fill (same characters).

Eventually, yes.

Currently the key is just a number from 1-15 (because it fits in one byte) so in the A-10C you're picking the "keys", 1,2,3,4,5 or 6.

The mirage will have its key (1-15) hardcoded in the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua but as I say I'll write a little doc showing where it is and how to change it.

The DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua file can be edited while flying and you just have to quit the mission and jump back in for it to be reloaded. You don't have to quit completely out of DCS.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Here you go!

Set the A+E2 Switch and you'll see an E3 on the radio. E indicates encrypted and the 3 is the current Key you're using.

At the top of the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone is:

SR.M2000C_ENCRYPTION_KEY = 3 -- Change your Mirage Encryption Key here. Set to a number (inclusive) between 1-15
                            -- Setting the number to 1-6 will allow you to talk to an A-10C with encryption

In the attached screenshot I've only flipped the A+E2 on one radio but it can be flipped on both at the same time.

670861404_MirageEncrypted.JPG.0d372a6b102602455680e53a19d8c4cc.JPG

Hey buddy just installed and followed your Youtube video. Having problems not getting any radio in dcs showing up on the applet. Does this confict with Simshaker software for the buttkicker? As it has a export modified already.

Edit here is my Export Lua i run the openbeta which is currently same version as standalone

Edit it seems to be working on Blueflag so think im good to go

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

My export had the following entries.

"

function LuaExportStart()

end

function LuaExportBeforeNextFrame()

end

function LuaExportAfterNextFrame()

end

function LuaExportStop()

end

function LuaExportActivityNextEvent(t)

local tNext = t

return tNext

end

dofile("./AriesWings/AriesRadio.luac")

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua')

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

"

Deleted most of them so only the below was there and now it is working.

"

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua')

"

Hey buddy just installed and followed your Youtube video. Having problems not getting any radio in dcs showing up on the applet. Does this confict with Simshaker software for the buttkicker? As it has a export modified already.

Edit here is my Export Lua i run the openbeta which is currently same version as standalone

Edit it seems to be working on Blueflag so think im good to go

Great! Glad to hear its compatible with SimShaker / ButtKicker!

Deleted most of them so only the below was there and now it is working.

Glad to hear it. I noticed you have Aires there as well, that might've been causing it.

If you want to switch between Aries and DCS-SRS easily just put -- before the one you dont want to use which means the line will then be ignored.

New Release - Version v1.1.0.0

LUA files have changed so make sure to manually update them or use the installer.

Change Log:

• Radio Overlay - Ability to Right Click on Radio Frequency to Toggle Listening on Guard Frequency for FC3 / CA Radio
  • Radio Overlay - Added new +/0.01 MHZ buttons
  • Radio Overlay - Added "E" being shown when your transmissions are encrypted. Code is after the E
  • Radio Encryption for A-10C using KY-58 and M2000C using E+A/2 Switch on Either Radio
  • Fixed for incorrect Guard on A-10C and Huey
  • Reordering of radios to be more Logical - Mi-8 - Thanks Tarres!
  • Better logging for Attached Devices

For the server host, you need to open UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002.

Banned IPs are added to a file created where ever the server is run called banned.txt. To unban, just delete the IP from the file and restart the server.

Make sure if you install manually to copy the DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua file as well as the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua to the scripts folder or it wont work.

Please let me know if you have any issues! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Manual Install Procedure

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts - Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

Encrypted Radios

DCS-SRS now supports encrypted Radios with differing keys. If a Radio receives an encrypted voice signal but doesnt have either the correct decryption key or decryption equipment, white noise will be played.

A radio with encryption enabled can hear non encrypted transmissions as normal.

Encryption is shown on the Radio overlay with an E followed by a number by the radio. The number indicates the key that is in use.

A-10C

Procedure to enable Encrypted Audio:

• Turn Power on to KY-58
  • Set Mode to OP
  • Pick the fill use wish to use. This is the key that encodes the audio. The receiving radio must have the same key set
  • Turn to C/RAD 1 to encrypt AN/ARC-164 UHF
  • Turn to C/RAD 2 to encrypt AN/ARC-186(V)FM
  • Turning to plain will disable encryption again

attachment.php?attachmentid=144290&d=1468616161

Mirage

Procedure to enable Encrypted Audio:

• Setup Radios as Normal
  • Flip the Switch Labelled E+A2 on either (or Both) radios
  • By default the Mirage will use Key Code 3

attachment.php?attachmentid=144305&d=1468657872

To change the Mirage code, go to Saved Games\DCS\Scripts and edit DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua. Use Notepad++ or another good text editor, NOT Notepad!

Change the line below:

SR.M2000C_ENCRYPTION_KEY = 3 -- Change your Mirage Encryption Key here. Set to a number (inclusive) between 1-15
                            -- Setting the number to 1-6 will allow you to talk to an A-10C with encryption

Save the file and reload the mission you're in. The Key will then be changed and shown on the Overlay again.

Hey man, very nice work indeed.

I have a small problem after the last update, in controls i cannot set any key from my keyboard or joystick to the radio or PTT, any idea how can i fix that?

Thanks!

I've disabled Keyboard controls for now as they weren't working consistently, sorry!

This update should fix any input problems and once started, make sure you press Clear on all the key binds, whether they're bound or not to double check that the registry is cleared out.

What joystick are you trying to use out of interest? I know that the Xcom had to do something to make his X-55 work properly.

If its still not working, please attach your logs and i'll try to figure out why

Thanks!

I've disabled Keyboard controls for now as they weren't working consistently, sorry!

This update should fix any input problems and once started, make sure you press Clear on all the key binds, whether they're bound or not to double check that the registry is cleared out.

What joystick are you trying to use out of interest? I know that the Xcom had to do something to make his X-55 work properly.

If its still not working, please attach your logs and i'll try to figure out why

I am using two joysticks, X55 and X52, the 52 works fine however the X55 not recognized even after clearing the registry.

I will ask XCom what he did to get his X55 work.

Thanks man

Outstanding news.

Ciribob, did you catch my comment in a previous post referencing the audio feedback tones for the KY-58? I've not seen you mention them so assume they're not implemented yet (apologies, still haven't been able to test beyond installation so feel free to slap me if they are there).

If you're not familiar we can give you the detail.

Really liking the way this is coming on.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Outstanding news.

Ciribob, did you catch my comment in a previous post referencing the audio feedback tones for the KY-58? I've not seen you mention them so assume they're not implemented yet (apologies, still haven't been able to test beyond installation so feel free to slap me if they are there).

If you're not familiar we can give you the detail.

Really liking the way this is coming on.

Sorry no not implemented yet. I need to have a think about how best to go about it.

Do you have any samples of the tones that are played?

Is the tone played when decrypting audio as well or just the start and end of your own transmission?

Sorry for the pile of questions!

Aries and UR have the tones right (if not perfect implementation) if you want to be nosey. I'll have to get one of the audio geeks in the 476th to talk about the actual tone frequencies etc.

But essentially its a continuous tone when the KY-58 is switch on which is cancelled upon pressing any PTT.

Then when a radio is secured a short tone is heard shortly after pressing the PTT when the radio is ready to transmit (feedback that the switch over from RX to TX has occurred as it take a bit more time to switch over with KY-58 active).

Any transmission made before the tone has played and the radio would be cut off, as the radio hasn't switched to TX.

Sorry for the pile of questions!

Please ask any and all, anytime you like, I (and everyone I know) very much love being able help with this. If there's something you need background on then please ask away. We'll only end up telling you anyway if you don't.;)

Another bit of feedback as I'm playing around now (finally), just locally at the moment. It seems that there is a bit of an excessive delay between hitting/releasing a PTT and the radio being switching between TX/RX based on looking at the visual feedback in the overlay. More so when releasing the PTT. If this is the case it'd interfere with things such as the zipper (double mic click).

And also from the above, are mic clicks heard by receivers when someone transmits and can a mic click/squelch break sound be added when hitting a PTT (maybe optional for those who don't like such things)?

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

The fill channel is sent along with the voice data so if it doesn't match you'll just hear white noise as well. I think that's how it's supposed to work?

Yeah I didn't thing that question through before I asked it. I meant to ask How are you handling the encryption keys? Just a set of 6 stock keys and people can select between the 6 or do ya plan to make the keys changeable within reason? I guess (It really doesn't have to be much more cosmic or complicated than 6...Especially if I understand it correctly, unlike the real world, the other team cant listen in.

Not sure about showing the channel on the overlay, might remove the +E and change to E1, E2 etc.

For the FC3 aircraft yes.

Is it worth showing on the overlay?

Meh...Personal preference. I have it up on a second screen for reference only.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Especially if I understand it correctly, unlike the real world, the other team cant listen in.

Well if it's done the same as Aries and UR, which I think it is, then everyone can hear any transmission provided they are on the right freq, regardless of which side they're on. At least with the option in the control panel set such.

So some simple ability to customise keys would be nice indeed.

Spoiler

Ciribob,

Here are some KY-58 and ARC-164 tones for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2087560/KY58_ARC164_TONES.zip

There are TX and RX example for the KY-58 comms to demonstrate how the sounds fit.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Cribob if you need any support in implementing the samples I sent Eddie, let me know. I can't help you with the coding sadly, but I can at least help you understand where each tone should be.

Please use the 'SHORT' samples, as the longer ones take too long to sound when transmitting. If a pilot tries to zipper (Double mic click to signal acknowledgement of a message) using the long samples, there will be too much lag for it to work properly and the recipient will only hear one click.

The TOD and WOD samples are not used in DCS at present, they are part of the HAVE QUICK frequency hopping system. (Feel free to implement it if you know how though, haha!)

Edited by Ragtop
  • Like 1

476th vFG Alumni

Aries and UR have the tones right (if not perfect implementation) if you want to be nosey. I'll have to get one of the audio geeks in the 476th to talk about the actual tone frequencies etc.

But essentially its a continuous tone when the KY-58 is switch on which is cancelled upon pressing any PTT.

Then when a radio is secured a short tone is heard shortly after pressing the PTT when the radio is ready to transmit (feedback that the switch over from RX to TX has occurred as it take a bit more time to switch over with KY-58 active).

Any transmission made before the tone has played and the radio would be cut off, as the radio hasn't switched to TX.

Please ask any and all, anytime you like, I (and everyone I know) very much love being able help with this. If there's something you need background on then please ask away. We'll only end up telling you anyway if you don't.;)

Another bit of feedback as I'm playing around now (finally), just locally at the moment. It seems that there is a bit of an excessive delay between hitting/releasing a PTT and the radio being switching between TX/RX based on looking at the visual feedback in the overlay. More so when releasing the PTT. If this is the case it'd interfere with things such as the zipper (double mic click).

And also from the above, are mic clicks heard by receivers when someone transmits and can a mic click/squelch break sound be added when hitting a PTT (maybe optional for those who don't like such things)?

Currently Mic clicks aren't heard other than whats caused by the Sound card suddenly getting audio but I will be looking at that soon to allow double mic click.

The overlay is actually a little behind the actual system, I'll work at reducing the delay. Its basically caused by the fact the overlay is an entirely separate process as its optional.

To test, start up two clients and the connect to a local server, start up DCS and hit PTT, you'll hear it's much quicker than the overlay shows.

I will ask more questions soon as well, thanks again though!

TAW SR server is updated to 1.1.0.0. Set IP address in Simple Radio client to 37.59.10.136. You can play on any of our 4 servers. smile.gif

Thanks again HiJack, I really appreciate it! Out of interest, are you seeing much usage?

Yeah I didn't thing that question through before I asked it. I meant to ask How are you handling the encryption keys? Just a set of 6 stock keys and people can select between the 6 or do ya plan to make the keys changeable within reason? I guess (It really doesn't have to be much more cosmic or complicated than 6...Especially if I understand it correctly, unlike the real world, the other team cant listen in.

The other team can't listen in only if you turn on an option on the SRS-Server otherwise its as normal that everyone can hear everyone.

Basically yes, there are 6 stock keys for A-10C and 15 in total. Mirage users can pick one that outside of the A-10C range if they wish with the file editing.

Ciribob,

Here are some KY-58 and ARC-164 tones for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2087560/KY58_ARC164_TONES.zip

There are TX and RX example for the KY-58 comms to demonstrate how the sounds fit.

Cribob if you need any support in implementing the samples I sent Eddie, let me know. I can't help you with the coding sadly, but I can at least help you understand where each tone should be.

Please use the 'SHORT' samples, as the longer ones take too long to sound when transmitting. If a pilot tries to zipper (Double mic click to signal acknowledgement of a message) using the long samples, there will be too much lag for it to work properly and the recipient will only hear one click.

The TOD and WOD samples are not used in DCS at present, they are part of the HAVE QUICK frequency hopping system. (Feel free to implement it if you know how though, haha!)

Thanks for the samples! Thats great and just what I need.

I'll work on the GCI / AWACS panel next, then circle back to the nice to haves like sounds before starting range and finally Line of sight. Then probably lots more tweaks! :)

Thanks to you all for helping and getting behind the project, blown away by the support! Did not think it would be that popular...

Currently there is not, I had to take it away as it didnt work consistently but Im looking at bringing it back.

You actually one need one bind, the Common PTT. Although obviously not ideal you can actually switch radios by clicking on the coloured Dot on the Radio Overlay for FC3, Mirage, A10C and Gazelle.

All other aircraft the PTT is changed in cockpit anyway by either a DCS keybind or you interacting with it :)

If you only fly Huey, Mi8 and P51D you can actually do it all from the cockpit with no external keybinds! :D

Alright, sounds good. Thanks !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder if the Sabre even had encryption that early. Oh well. Will be great to have both the 15 and 86 ready for BF Korea. Keep up the great work Cribob.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.