JTAC for KA-50

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it work wih 1.2.7?

If not, is there a patch coming up?

It worked with open beta. Will test more tonight :-)

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I know the navcomputer doesn't support it but I believe the ABRIS does?
JTAC now transmits XX'XX.XXX in v1.3.

So how do you round the value for PVI-800, as per usual I'd suppose? Or do you truncate it? Just asking, because I tried this again after a looong DCS break - and rounding the value got something was prolly in Congo instead of Krymsk suburbs :huh:

PS. Sorry for the thread necromancy, just had to ask :music_whistling:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

So how do you round the value for PVI-800, as per usual I'd suppose? Or do you truncate it? Just asking, because I tried this again after a looong DCS break - and rounding the value got something was prolly in Congo instead of Krymsk suburbs :huh:

PS. Sorry for the thread necromancy, just had to ask :music_whistling:

Rounding should be fine if you convert seconds into decimal minutes correctly (i.e. xx°yy'30" -> 30 seconds are 0.5 decimal minutes).

The quick and dirty way of converting JTAC-given decimal seconds (xxºxx.xxx) into DMS seconds seems to be to extract the seconds, multiply by 6 and then round the result to an integer value for the PVI-800 1-digit seconds field. Example: 41º20.200 -> use a value of 0.200 -> multiply said value by 6, get 1.2 -> round to 1 -> use the resultant DMS value of 41º20'1" for direct input into the PVI-800. Correctamundo?

Edited by msalama

Your conversion is correct, but it is not necessary. The PVI-800 requires input in the form DDMM.M, where DD is degrees and MM.M is decimal minutes.

Edit: In your example you would enter 41202

Edited by ajax

Ah! That explains everything. I thought it requires straight DMS values, so no wonder my target points ended up in China! Thanks for pointing this out for me mate :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Since a few patches ago I encountered a small problem with this mod: some audio playbacks are not played when talking to the JTAC. Especially the first message when I check in with the JTAC. It is displayed in text and the JTAC also replies to it, but no audio... There are one or two other audios missing in the conversation, but atm I can't remember which.

Anyone of you encountered the same - and perhaps even know a fix or workaround for that? Seems that some dependencies in the ED jtac lua files rely on that the aircraft is a A-10, but so far I was unable to identify them...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This mod is amazing, possibly the best one I've downloaded. I only wish that at some point ED will add a proper Ru FAC to DCS World.

Agreed. Finding targets in a REDFOR aircraft is quite difficult, and it would be much easier if there was ground assistance.

I allowed ProfessorRider to expand and re-release my mod. He released a Russian version of the mod. I believe he got red units to work, although I'm not sure since I no longer use or maintain this mod myself. I think he also implemented the JTAC for the Mi-8.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1839425&postcount=1

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

I allowed ProfessorRider to expand and re-release my mod. He released a Russian version of the mod. I believe he got red units to work, although I'm not sure since I no longer use or maintain this mod myself. I think he also implemented the JTAC for the Mi-8.

Thanks for that. I just downloaded the russian version, seems he has updated it as you said :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this isn't a stupid question (or one that has already been answered elsewhere) !!! ??

I have installed JTAC for KA-50 in my "_MODS" folder (in the "JSGME" folder).

I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will work fine.

There is also "KA50JTAC_Training.miz" file (a Tutorials for using the JTAC Mod).

My Question Is > Does the Training.miz file &/or ANY and ALL other add-on Mission Files also get installed using JSGME ?

OR

Should all custom/add-on .miz files be installed in the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\EN folder ????

If the latter is true, what's the best way to back them up (or back up the originals) so they aren't lost/requiring re-install after every DCS World Update ?

Without having installed ANY add-on missions to date (with exception of "Bigfoot Training Files), I believe ALL of the current files/folders etc have already been backed up using the back-up Task in JSGME.

Should I run that same Task again any time I add or change MIZ files ?

Sorry for all the questions. I know I said I had "a stupid question". But I have ultimately included several (probably equally stupid) questions !!

SnowTiger:joystick:

you think we can get it for the Huey's and expand it to include JTAC placement of troop situations? :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 weeks later...

One fix that needs to be made for compatibility with the current version of DCS World:

in the Ka-50 comm.lua, lines 372-375 should read:

if #data.menuOther.submenu.items > 0 then
           tbl.items[10] = {
               name = _('Other'),
               submenu = data.menuOther.submenu

Currently, lines 372 and 375 don't say "submenu", and that prevents use of the F10 communications menu in later versions of DCS World. The Mi-8 appears to be correct.

Thanks again for a great mod, TurboHog.

• Like 1