Cold and dark start - altimeter question

sirrah

During a cold and dark start there's a "standby" flag just above the altitude counter on the altimeter

Here:

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10735

Can anyone explain to me how to get rid of this flag?

I probably miss one step in the startup procedure, but I can't figure out which one.

Small side note; the altimeter is still fully functional during flight, it's just that the stby flag remains active.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Click #4 (after zeroing out for your current location) and hold it on “Reset” until the flag clears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh!

It's the "hold" part I missed. Thanks :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I always fly the Tomcat in multicrew and neither I as the RIO nor my pilot have yet managed to get rid of the Standby flag when starting cold. We did press and hold the Reset switch, but it didn't go away. Maybe we didn't pressed it long enough, but but we did kept it pressed for 2-3 sec which is long enough to remove it in other airplanes (e.g. the F-5). Will try to hold it even longer next time.

But what does the Standby flag actually do? The altimeter works just fine with the flag showing :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I always fly the Tomcat in multicrew and neither I as the RIO nor my pilot have yet managed to get rid of the Standby flag when starting cold. We did press and hold the Reset switch, but it didn't go away.

Right click hold.

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

• 4 weeks later...
But what does the Standby flag actually do? The altimeter works just fine with the flag showing :huh:

Anyone?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Anyone?

It switches from the normal mode (servoed) which is corrected for positional error by the CDAC, to the standby mode (pressure) driven by the static system. This mode is uncorrected for positional error. By the way, I see you fly in MP with a human RIO. Would you mind giving you perspective on the question below which I posted recently. Thanks very much

When I activate the LTS test in MP with a human RIO he does not see the annunciators illuminate in the RIO cockpit, although I see them in the pilot cockpit. Whereas, if I’m in SP and activate the LTS test in the pilot cockpit and then switch to the RIO cockpit I can see the annunciators illuminated. I also see the same behaviour when I run the INST test regarding the fuel quantity gauge in the RIO cockpit.

Edited by Rockrend

It switches from the normal mode (servoed) which is corrected for positional error by the CDAC, to the standby mode (pressure) driven by the static system. This mode is uncorrected for positional error.

I see, thanks! :thumbup:

By the way, I see you fly in MP with a human RIO. Would you mind giving you perspective on the question below which I posted recently. Thanks very much

When I activate the LTS test in MP with a human RIO he does not see the annunciators illuminate in the RIO cockpit, although I see them in the pilot cockpit. Whereas, if I’m in SP and activate the LTS test in the pilot cockpit and then switch to the RIO cockpit I can see the annunciators illuminated. I also see the same behaviour when I run the INST test regarding the fuel quantity gauge in the RIO cockpit.

I actually am the RIO and have never flown the Tomcat on the front seat so far. Me and my pilot did try all the tests on the day the Tomcat got released and IIRC I had no indication in the back at all. Haven't tried the tests since then.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I see, thanks! :thumbup:

I actually am the RIO and have never flown the Tomcat on the front seat so far. Me and my pilot did try all the tests on the day the Tomcat got released and IIRC I had no indication in the back at all. Haven't tried the tests since then.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.