How do you use Tacview?

Crunchy

I just downloaded Tacview, but I don't have a clue how to use it. I looked on Youtube thinking there would be a tutorial on how to use it, but I was surprised to find that nobody has done a tutorial. Can someone help me out on how to use this program or give me a link to a tutorial? Thanks!

Just open Tacview, click on the recording icon in the top toolbar, check "Record DCS World flights".

That's it! A DCS logo icon should appear in the bottom-right corner (along with a popup), telling you DCS flights will be recorded.

From that point, you can close Tacview entirely, your flights will be automatically recorded (they should be saved in your documents\Tacview by default).

Just open the .txt.acmi files in Tacview, and you can save them to the .acmi format to save space (a 2 hour mission with only a couple of aircraft can generate over 25 MB of data, but the acmi format brings that down to about 5 MB).

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Coolio. Is there a way to watch previously recorded tracks in Tacview?

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]