So c3 fuel is in mission editor...

i tried the following at 2000 m - 1800 m:

590 kph (with C3 and fullt tank)

590 kph (without C3 and full tank)

600 kph (only with C3)

not sure if there has to be somethin set in the cockpit, or is it altitude related?

My guess is like the D9 for mw50 you need a switch to turn on but then again c3 May be different. Either way I think it shows in future we will get the system for the bird.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

It is only 80kgs (115ltrs) extra fuel in auxiliary fuel tank (3rd behind cockpit).

It just increase aircraft endurance.

Not sure if it really works.

It is not choice between B4 and C3 fuel.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

There is a c3 tick box in the mission editor

Probably just a teaser.. This A-8 variant modelled by ED does not have C3 fuel, at least that's what I understood.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

What are you talking about guys?

The A-8 was introduced with an auxiliary fuel tank behind the pilot seat. It has nothing to do with C3 injection. That's the reason why the ETC was moved 200mm forward.

C3 fuel was the normal fuel for BMW 801 engines.

As saburo already said, it's only for endurance of the aircraft.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Changes introduced in the Fw 190 A-8 also included the C3-injection Erhöhte Notleistung emergency boost system to the fighter variant of the Fw 190 A (a similar system with less power had been fitted to some earlier Jabo variants of the 190 A), raising power to 1,980 PS (1,953 hp, 1,456 kW) for a short time. The Erhöhte Notleistung system operated by spraying additional fuel into the fuel/air mix, cooling it and allowing higher boost pressures to be run, but at the cost of much higher fuel consumption.

So reason i started thread is due to the info above and seeing the option in mission editor

Ok well i see maybe where my confusion has stemmed from as being very familiar with D9 and transitioning to A8. So in Editor option for MW/C3 so when i saw the MW brain went into D9 mode and on top of that C3 as A8 Did have a C3 injection system. Well either way maybe if and when this F8 version appears something will be added.

Oh by the way it seems selecting that option above doesnt do anything as far as adding more fuel, i would assume it be indicated via the Rear tank gauge and it still reads empty.?

• ED Team
Changes introduced in the Fw 190 A-8 also included the C3-injection Erhöhte Notleistung emergency boost system to the fighter variant of the Fw 190 A (a similar system with less power had been fitted to some earlier Jabo variants of the 190 A), raising power to 1,980 PS (1,953 hp, 1,456 kW) for a short time. The Erhöhte Notleistung system operated by spraying additional fuel into the fuel/air mix, cooling it and allowing higher boost pressures to be run, but at the cost of much higher fuel consumption.

So reason i started thread is due to the info above and seeing the option in mission editor

This system was used only for small number of early modifications and later C3 injection was eliminated leaving only increased MP.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

This system was used only for small number of early modifications and later C3 injection was eliminated leaving only increased MP.

Thanks

This is from just now released news letter

"The A-8 version of the Fw 190 entered production in February 1944, and it was powered by a BMW 801 D-2 radial engine. In addition to excellent low- and medium-altitude performance, the engine was also very rugged. Along with the F-8 version, it also had thicker armor around the engine. The engine also received the C3 injection system that provided an emergency boost of 1,980 PS in short durations."

So when things like this appear in description but @YoYo what you write above that only a few ever used that system, Leads to confusion and not really understanding if it will have it or not? Maybe ive had to many bad jumps and blown up to much. But question is a question i guess

i still don't understand what the option in the mission editor does then...
Might be a F-8 foreseen feature perhaps.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

This doesnt add up with my sources. According to my sources boost system Erhöhte Notleistung became standard since July 1944 meaning planes leaving the factory after this date had the system installed.

C3 fuel had to be used exclusively for all Fw 190s with the BMW 801 D-2 engine.

The Erhöhte Notleistung later became directly integrated into the Kommandogerät of the BMW 801 TH and TS engines allowing to reach the increased manifold pressure by simply advancing the throttle forward.

For A-8 the boost system allowed to increase the mainfold pressure up to 1,58/1,65 ATA.

The 1,58 being for first stage of the compressor and 1,65 for the second.

Time limit for using this system was 10minutes.

For 1,42 ATA there was no time limit since the engine undergone modifications to whistand the higher pressures thus making the lower no problem.

Erhöhte Notleistung always had to use the extra fuel tank behind pilot with C3 fuel.

I personnaly believe Yo-Yo here isnt correct and the boost system was no thing of few planes and should be implemented.
Show your reliable sources it you think so.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Focke Wulf Jagdflugzeug; Peter Rodeike

Focke-Wulf Fw 190 vol.1 - 3, Kagero; Krysztof Janowitz

Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A, Modelpress; Bílý, Šipka, Šíla, Rajlich, Pátek

Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Described, part Iⅈ Geoffrey Pentland, Antony Shennan

Fw 190 D & Ta 152; Tomáš Poruba, Aleš Janda

Schwierige Aufbaukur, Flugzeug Classic 12/2004

Revi 66/2007

Originální manuál Fw 190 A-5/6 k prosinci 1943

Originální německé dobové výkonostní testy

Originální americké srovnávací testy s F4U, F6F a P47

Originální britský test Fw 190 A-3 Armina Fabera

Originální americký test Fw 190 D

Most of it in czech. Do the digging yourself.

Nope, it's you who has to show the sources, it's not me claiming something has to be any other way. Not to mention I wouldn't read Czech at all.

S!

feeding engine with better fuel with no change in ATA or RPM wont make any difrence in top speed or climb

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

This doesnt add up with my sources. According to my sources boost system Erhöhte Notleistung became standard since July 1944 meaning planes leaving the factory after this date had the system installed.

The Erhöhte Notleistung later became directly integrated into the Kommandogerät of the BMW 801 TH and TS engines allowing to reach the increased manifold pressure by simply advancing the throttle forward.

For A-8 the boost system allowed to increase the mainfold pressure up to 1,58/1,65 ATA.

For 1,42 ATA there was no time limit since the engine undergone modifications to whistand the higher pressures thus making the lower no problem.

Erhöhte Notleistung always had to use the extra fuel tank behind pilot with C3 fuel.

we alredy got discusion about it c3 injection allowed 1.65 at 1st speed low alt but 2nd gear was limited to 1.42

later c3 injection got kick out and engine was allowed to run 1.58 at 1st and 1.65 at 2nd probably was feeded with C3 fuel, and earlier versions with c3 injection were run on b4

at least this is how i think about it

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Marduk I think you are mistaking the Erhöhte Notleistung of the July '44 A-8 to the special boost the Jabo variants had (extra fuel injection allowing to have 1.65 ata in the first supercharger speed only), like the F-8.

Both were different ways to achieve higher boost, the extra C3 fuel injection was for the Jabos for low altitude only, and the Erhöhte Notleistung worked for both low and mid altitudes but didn't require extra fuel injection, just increased manifold pressure as Yo-Yo said

• ED Team

Your sources are wrong regarding "always C3" or you misinterpret them. If you take a look at the Teil 7 Flugzeug-Handbuch you can see how this system works. There is no signs of additional injection, but there is a mentioning that all planes equipped with this system are to be marked with a yellow circle at the certain place. So, one can take a look at the WWII photos to determine if the certain plane had WEP.

So, the facts are that not all A8 planes had this system and the most common sytem was dry, without C3 injection.

By the way, I asked Erich Brunotte if his A8 had any WEP system, and the answer was negative.

As far as I was told, WEP mostly used to compensate weight and drag incease of the special modifications of A8 rather than to enhance clean fighter.

And, finally, what your sources tell about the reason, why it was 1.58 at 1st gear and 1.65 at the second?

Anyway, nothing has prohibited to consider that the plane in DCS can not have this system... regarding the fact that it is modelled from the start.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

... and earlier versions with c3 injection were run on b4

at least this is how i think about it

BMW 801D-2 required ALWAYS C3 fuel, never run with B4!

BMW 801D was project, abandoned, for this engine running with B4 fuel, it never materialized.

There is nothing like better fuel for A-8, there is only C3 fuel, end.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

BMW 801D-2 required ALWAYS C3 fuel, never run with B4!

BMW 801D was project, abandoned, for this engine running with B4 fuel, it never materialized.

There is nothing like better fuel for A-8, there is only C3 fuel, end.

ok got it, so they run at "quite hard to combine" fuel