Newbie Question : cockpit illumination

apolloace

Hi,

Everybody,

I play with a keyboard & stick(MS SW FF 2). If during flight I accidentally touch 'L', the cockpit lights are turned on.

But how do turn them off with keyboard? :helpsmilie:

Pressing 'L' again does not help. I assume 'L' is not a toggle button.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

I don't think there's a way to "undo" the lighting the same way pressing L illuminates everything.

However, the controls for cockpit lighting are the 5 right-most knobs in the cockpit; pressing L merely turns them all to almost max brightness.

If you already knew this and simply wanted a way to turn everything off, I can't really help you, though, but your best bet would probably be to add a modifier key, so you'd have to press shift+L or ctrl+L (making sure those aren't used by something else).

However, the controls for cockpit lighting are the 5 right-most knobs in the cockpit

I know this. Just wanted to know is there a single Key Press to turn everything OFF like 'L' turns everything ON. :helpsmilie:

Thanks!

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

The key in question is Controls -> Systems -> Cockpit Illumination. I didn't find anything in that section that would un-illuminate the cockpit.

Besides changing the key to use a modifier, which was already suggested, if you don't need it, you could simply delete the key-assignment.

(Huh. Flown the A-10 for years, never knew such a key existed in the first place :D)