On the Various FM Issues - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-26-2019, 09:05 AM   #71
Anaglob

Please check your scheduled flight without engines. ))))
I have no desire to engage in trolling or insult, no!
I really want to help sort out the flaws to make the plane very good. I like the MiG-19, it's our story. I wish you success in the project. Sincerely, Anaglob.

Last edited by Anaglob; 04-26-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Anaglob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:35 PM   #72
OverStratos
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYLON
First of all, that is completely insulting.
I´m sorry if you feel this way, it was not my intention to insult you in any way. What I will never tell you is a lie, and in reality, you can´t judge a MiG-19 aircraft by flying in low performance, straight wing aircraft.

I´m also not saying that anyone in this thread is a troll and that´s is pretty clear in my post, that will remain there with no changes. I´m just pointing out that we had to deal with many troll posts in this very sub-forum and we are just being careful regarding user feedback while advising the best way you can use to help us, which is to provide as much info as you can when pointing out what you believe are flaws.

CYLON, I myself recognized to you the flaws in the turn performance and MIL power speed the aircraft currently have in our Discord and explained to you that is not related with the engine but mostly with the drag tuning, but you still post here that the engine performance is way off. That Discord chat picture you posted proves that. The feedback we receive from the users is quite good, but it´s not helpful to repeat the same thing again and again.

I have been quite active here in the forum and in the Discord having quite deep technical discussions sometimes about our aircraft and also comparing real life data with the simulated modules while at the same time trying to clear everyone´s doubts. If this was the wrong approach then let me know.
OverStratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:44 PM   #73
Anaglob

Refueling is complete, there is no suspension.
Flying with the engines off.From a height of 6000 meters to 5000 meters model flew 19.68 kilometers with an average speed of 307 km\h.
From the height of 4000 meters to 3000 meters the model flew 23.25 kilometers with an average instrument speed of 305 km/h. the Decrease was an average of -4 m/sec.
From the height of 3000 meters to 2000 meters the model flew 25.25 kilometers with an average speed of 305 km/h and a decrease in the total -4 m/sec.
From a height of 2000 meters to 1000 meters, the model flew with the landing gear 14.89 km with an average instrument speed of 302 km/h.
With the flaps released, the model went into a gentle decline with a total speed of 288 km/h, while trying to extinguish the rate of decline, the model went into parachuting mode, completely lost lift and crashed.
Conclusion:
Aerodynamic quality "K" model MiG-19P, from a height of 3000 meters, is 25.25. Such an indicator can only boast of a free-floating glider.
Thrust engines affect the lift of the wing at low speed. Releasing the flaps does not create enough lift. With the flaps retracted model plans, sits and takes off better than with the released. The take-off distance without flaps averages 250 meters.
The ratio of the wing area to aerodynamic quality 1/1, Which is more than that of free-floating gliders (l-13 "Blanik", for example, the ratio 1/1.488, "K"=28.5)
I apologize if there are technical errors in the text.

Last edited by Anaglob; 04-27-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Anaglob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:24 PM   #74
HWasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaglob View Post
Refueling is complete, there is no suspension.
Flying with the engines off.From a height of 6000 meters to 5000 meters model flew 19.68 kilometers with an average speed of 307 km\h.
From the height of 4000 meters to 3000 meters the model flew 23.25 kilometers with an average instrument speed of 305 km/h. the Decrease was an average of -4 m/sec.
From the height of 3000 meters to 2000 meters the model flew 25.25 kilometers with an average speed of 305 km/h and a decrease in the total -4 m/sec.
From a height of 2000 meters to 1000 meters, the model flew with the landing gear 14.89 km with an average instrument speed of 302 km/h.
With the flaps released, the model went into a gentle decline with a total speed of 288 km/h, while trying to extinguish the rate of decline, the model went into parachuting mode, completely lost lift and crashed.
Conclusion:
Aerodynamic quality "K" model MiG-19P, from a height of 3000 meters, is 25.25. Such an indicator can only boast of a free-floating glider.
Thrust engines affect the lift of the wing at low speed. Releasing the flaps does not create enough lift. With the flaps retracted model plans, sits and takes off better than with the released. The take-off distance without flaps averages 250 meters.
The ratio of the wing area to aerodynamic quality 1/1, Which is more than that of free-floating gliders (l-13 "Blanik", for example, the ratio 1/1.488, "K"=28.5)
I apologize if there are technical errors in the text.

I've tried out how it glides with the following results (roughly): (engines off)

at 600 km/h vertical speed is around 23 m/s (L/D 7)
at 390 km/h -----------------------8 m/s (L/D 13)<-- that is already too much
at 300 km/h -----------------------4 m/s (L/D 21)<-- My calculation is less accurate than yours, but confirms the problem!

For reference, the Mig-15 bis:

at 600 km/h vertical speed is around 25 m/s (L/D 6,5)
at 390 km/h -----------------------10m/s (L/D 10)
at 300 km/h -----------------------8 m/s (L/D 10)

So compared to the Mig-15 it seems to be almost exactly the same, down until below 400km/h, when it suddenly starts to glide twice better. Clearly bugged.

Please treat this as a bug report. Move to bug section if you whish.

See track attached!
Attached Files
File Type: trk Mig-19 glide.trk (581.9 KB, 5 views)
HWasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #75
Hummingbird

I do hope RAZBAM are giving the FM top priority atm, anything else would be a big mistake.

Personally I am still holding back on purchasing the module until I hear good stuff about the FM, and I know several people who feel exactly the same, the FM is afterall THE most important bit to get right in a flight simulator.

So please RAZBAM, do your outmost to perfect the flight model before diverting your attention elsewhere. It really is the key to making your module successful and well liked.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:52 PM   #76
TLTeo

Yea I agree. I really, really want to buy the Farmer, but to be honest I'm just not going to as long as it can supercruise, hold 7g at mil power, etc.
TLTeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:30 PM   #77
probad

when you guys said you wanted to release the mig-19 in a near finished state the fm was the last thing i expected corners to be cut on.

i have likewise been withholding my purchase until greater confidence can be put in the fm.
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL

Last edited by probad; 05-10-2019 at 09:32 PM.
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:23 PM   #78
Harlikwin

So the FM is still broken?

I'm holding off until its "finished"
Old 05-15-2019, 07:14 PM   #79
Magot

Maybe there are minor inaccuracies, but yes FM is ok. Major problems with spins, fall etc. were fixed. Now in the same quality as Mig-15 have. I like this module
Some trolls will be always doing his work

Last edited by Magot; 05-15-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Magot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:19 PM   #80
TLTeo

The issues I mentioned above are not minor (source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...2&postcount=56, https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239786). I haven't seen any mention of them being fixed so until I'm sure they are I'm also holding off on purchasing the module.

Last edited by TLTeo; 05-16-2019 at 02:11 PM.
TLTeo is offline   Reply With Quote