DCS I-16 - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #91
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakmeister51 View Post
I've just purchased the I-16 and was quite excited about the prospect of flying a new module. But to be honest I was a little disappointed about it when I finally got in to the cockpit. Finally, meaning, it takes twice as long as any other module to load. When I finally get the engine started and begin taxi, it handles pretty much like a supermarket shopping trolley. Surely, the rudder does not wave around like that in the real aircraft. As a result, taking off is almost impossible. I know this is a beta module and it is bound to have a few faults. Can someone please find out whether this wavering around during taxi and take off roll is supposed to happen.
every plane need some training at first try i faild too. if you want make it easier set full rpm and go full power in that case tail will lift very early removing this problem . i-16 t/o run is very short i i bet that you tried take off with low power. go full power that its easiest plane in dcs
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:43 AM   #92
Snapage

I got the I16.

I love it, its a great little plane. My only issues is that you have to take the takeoff assist off in the settings because its on by default and there is a bug in multiplayer where everyone but you sees your landing gear as down even after you have raised it.

I really enjoy flying it, its slow but turns and climbs really well. I like the open cockpit, the sound of the radial engine and how easy it is to startup. It's also really reliable as long as you keep radiators open and RPM's at or below 2200.

Cool plane. I don't understand people who complain about more modules being added to DCS? The more the better!
Snapage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #93
jcomm

Indeed a MUST HAVE module !
Old 05-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #94
rogonaut

Dude I-16 is a dangerous little fu...r. doesnt seem to be a helpless underdog as i expected, makes me wonder shouldnt it be easy bait for the more modern enemy?
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:39 PM   #95
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
shouldnt it be easy bait for the more modern enemy?
Depends on how you fight it. If you start to turn and burn with it, you'll probably end up dead. Boom and zoom is how you want to kill the bugger.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:10 PM   #96
GrmlZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogonaut View Post
Dude I-16 is a dangerous little fu...r. doesnt seem to be a helpless underdog as i expected, makes me wonder shouldnt it be easy bait for the more modern enemy?

If you fight it the right way, but if you get cought by it at slow speed or try to turn with it you will have a bad day.
The I-16 has the lowest wingloading of any of the DCS WW2 fighters, even the Spitfire MkIX. So it can turn tight.

And, while it has only 1100HP maximum, its also very light, so its power to weight ratio is not bad at all for a 1939 plane.

Its achilles heel is its very slow top speed, it just cant catch any of the other planes as long as they keep their speed somewhat high.
But, if they fail to do that....
GrmlZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #97
rogonaut

yep thats true no turn fighting against it i figured that out quite quickly^^

but as it turns even tighter than the spit boom and zoom in the dora for example is quite difficult i must say, at least for me.

also its guns aka the minigun are pretty terrifying and sharpshooting ai is a pain in the butt too.

what gave me joy was flying against the spit, it even turns tighter and the ai seems to go wtf is happening
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote