Help to identify WW2 engine

NeF

no picture?

or maybe a Serial Number?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I'd say that's a bristol pegasus engine judging by the struts infront of each cylinder.

Mercury had these as well, though. They were both similar outside, and both are equally possible for early war Mediterranean theater of ops (Swordfishes, Blenheims, Wellingtons, Sunderlands...).

Post these photos on Key Publishing forums, historical section. The chaps out there will narrow it down better than anyone could over here :D.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Looks like a Bristol Pegasus to me: Could be anything from a DC2 or Wellington all the way to even some Ju52 models....

5183736720_f6d22a25dc_b.jpg

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

counter weights for early hi-low speed (two speed) prop pitch system on many 30s and early 40s aircraft

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

indeed, but I believe we had a few here at Exeter than ran with a few mossies ( they were a secret project) they were here with spits to protect part of Portsmouth and this area, and they had changes to the props, with the outlets above it still looks swordfishy to me but its hard really to tell from the pic.

there is so much stuff you find while wandering on hols eh :)

to add to that maybe its too far away from here for that prop?