I give up

Stewart

I can not get VR to work correctly anymore after the last few patches. I even reinstalled my whole computer. I get constant load screen every few seconds and have tried everything I have found on searches. Does not matter where I put my settings from the lowest possible to the highest possible I still have micro pauses and the little black steam box. Watching my computer it does not show the CPU bottle necking, no overheats, and no memory problems. I just can not figure it out. I am using DCS standalone with SteamVR. I have both the Vive and Odyssey+ they both do the same thing. Did not seem to start happening until October after one of the patches. This is the ONLY game that is having a problem. Elite, ATS, and any other simulation game is fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also specs and settings and if possible snips of task manager showing GPU and CPU usage in game.that would be mighty helpful. ;)

I actually think Rift has improved.over last few weeks I kinda thought it might have been DCS but looks like we have had Oculus update about a month ago.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I'm using an odyssey and the only time I'm getting the steam VR load screening while flying is when I have clouds on, but that also causes a stutter on my monitor. Open the mission you're trying to fly in the mission editor and select a clear skies preset and see if it changes anything for you.

The reprojection settings in steam have no effect on WMR headsets. It has it's own settings file in steam/steamapps/common/MixedRealityVRDriver/resources/settings/

The file found within can be opened with notepad, and you can enable WMR's new motion reprojection by deleting the "//" before this line "motionReprojectionMode" : "auto",

Personally - having it on auto works best for me when I can't maintain 80-90 fps. But I don't think this is your issue at all.

I don't know what missions you're flying but I suspect you're running into the same issue I was that goes away completely when I'm flying on maps with clear skies. Try it and let me know if I'm wrong.

*Edit just realized i posted about this in another thread of yours on the same subject.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Make sure your Odyssey firmware is up to date (ver. 1.9). I had various issues arise with driver and software updates that corrected themselves when I updated the firmware.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground