** The Tomcat Dream... **

Cobra847

Statement that is to be outdated soon. :music_whistling:

Oh? Can't wait. Ideally, it would be have exchangeable grip system like the stick ;)

BTW, is the ECP still a thing?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Statement that is to be outdated soon.

:music_whistling:

Also, please, please, PLEASE include finger lifts for the afterburner detent...that would be amazing :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Can't wait to hear all about it...if it's a Tomcat Throttle I will be purchasing it day one :D

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Can't wait to hear all about it...if it's a Tomcat Throttle I will be purchasing it day one :D

From what they've said previously, it should be an interchangeable throttle grip built off of one base...assuming I have understood previous posts correctly.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

From what they've said previously, it should be an interchangeable throttle grip built off of one base...assuming I have understood previous posts correctly.

That's what I gleamed from it also.

And that while a Tomcat throttle grip wasn't *out of the question*..it wasn't necessarily planned yet.

If I were VKB, I would tease the throttle very soon before they start to lose business to the other guys......

They have already teased a throttle...and it sounds awesome!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish you guys would at least give us an approximate release on the throttle. I have my Gunfighter Pro on order and no throttle. As of today I have had my 3rd attempt at purchasing a warthog throttle go belly up with yet another new malfunctioning item straight from the box. Please don't make me buy the Virpil as I have been VKB since I first started.

• 2 weeks later...
It is not tomorrow that F14 comes anywhere near. So you will have plenty of time to enjoy the MCG :)

So, I'm assuming that either the F-14 is not going to be released this year or the grip will come after release. Either way is a bummer. I would really like to see a "special edition" with the F-14 and grip bundled. :cry:

I'd be pleasantly surprised if proved wrong of course, but in my book it would not make real sense for Heatblur, Ed and Razbam to have both releases compete around years end. And we would not really miss out.We simply get a further developed F-14 whenever it eventually arrives.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if proved wrong of course, but in my book it would not make real sense for Heatblur, Ed and Razbam to have both releases compete around years end. And we would not really miss out.We simply get a further developed F-14 whenever it eventually arrives.

I think it would make a lot of sense. Not all in the same weekend, but back to back yes.

I would release it like this:

Month 1 - 2.5

Month 1 - New module (since the Harrier trailer is out then Harrier is up first.)

Month 2 - New module F-14 (Because I wanted this one to be first ;)

Month 3 - New module F-18 (ED finishes this group with the flagship and any remaining ocean vessels as the first patch update to 2.5)

Month 4 - Maintenance

Month 5 - Sale for older modules (target is new players who might be curious of other modules)

Once 2.5 is in then it's safe to bring in as many players as possible with the modules. Bringing in new players before 2.5 is premature. The split player experience and cost of the 2.0 maps will turn off a lot of players. Once the new Caucus map is available then a presentable experience is open to newcomers. 1.5 is an old map that has become dated to anyone not already all in with DCS, and the good looking newest maps are behind an intimidating initial price point for the full experience.

With the new Caucus map as the base the game can expand its player base freely. A normal initial price point for a module gets a player into the game and they won't have to feel like they are settling for 2nd rate. The Caucus map has every environment needed to make use of all the modules if configured properly to include naval ops. The rest is a specialized experience that players will warm up to paying because they have already been satisfied with a quality experience.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I think it would make a lot of sense. Not all in the same weekend, but back to back yes.

I would release it like this:

Month 1 - 2.5

Month 1 - New module (since the Harrier trailer is out then Harrier is up first.)

Month 2 - New module F-14 (Because I wanted this one to be first ;)

Month 3 - New module F-18 (ED finishes this group with the flagship and any remaining ocean vessels as the first patch update to 2.5)

Month 4 - Maintenance

Month 5 - Sale for older modules (target is new players who might be curious of other modules)

Once 2.5 is in then it's safe to bring in as many players as possible with the modules. Bringing in new players before 2.5 is premature. The split player experience and cost of the 2.0 maps will turn off a lot of players. Once the new Caucus map is available then a presentable experience is open to newcomers. 1.5 is an old map that has become dated to anyone not already all in with DCS, and the good looking newest maps are behind an intimidating initial price point for the full experience.

With the new Caucus map as the base the game can expand its player base freely. A normal initial price point for a module gets a player into the game and they won't have to feel like they are settling for 2nd rate. The Caucus map has every environment needed to make use of all the modules if configured properly to include naval ops. The rest is a specialized experience that players will warm up to paying because they have already been satisfied with a quality experience.

It's the beginning of month 4 and we still haven received neither the tomcat nor the hornet!lol

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

It's the beginning of month 4 and we still haven received neither the tomcat nor the hornet!lol

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I wasn't predicting that my timeline was ED's timeline. Just theorycrafting how I might do things. We have updates on the Hornet regularly now, and this is good. HB is still keeping the buzz about their product as well. These are good things. All things in a perfect world, but building software, creating code is not the same as laying brick. We understand that naturally. Both ED and HB are good communicators with their customers. This is usually all that's needed to keep spirits positive.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to hear more from VKB on the Tomcat stick and something out of TM on the Hornet stick...plan on grabbing both.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• 4 months later...

I hope they scrapped this idea in favour of a TM (and Virpil) compatible grip.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat