Mig-29

Jasmo74

I tell you... This supposed to be so, but is not.

And I am telling you that it isn't the case - I remember an old interview with Belyakov, where he stated that they had completed modifications to the MiG-29s WCS for the integration of the R-77(MiG-29S) and that similar integration could be made with the R-27ER/ET......i.e. back then even the MiG-29S was not yet compatible with them.

They can carry the ER and T version. Only they need to have the missiles, the ex Warsaw Pact haven't such missiles, so they can't use it.

They can obviously carry them since all versions use the same suspension racks - APU-470 rail launcher and AKU-470 ejector rack(for Su-27), but you seem to think that use of long burn versions of the R-27 is a simple matter of the ability to hang them on the aircraft - its not. During the engagement process, the WCS is calculating the correct launch condition based on target information and missile parameters - these are not the same for R-27R and R-27ER.

Edited by Seaeagle

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can obviously carry them since all versions use the same suspension racks - APU-470 rail launcher and AKU-470 ejector rack(for Su-27), but you seem to think that use of long burn versions of the R-27 is a simple matter of the ability to hang them on the aircraft - its not. During the engagement process, the WCS is calculating the correct launch condition based on target information and missile parameters - these are not the same for R-27R and R-27ER.

It is, even if they don't have the proper DLZ stored in the software (it's not like you couldn't change that with one simple update). From what I know the MiG-29A could carry and launch R-27ER/Ts, they were just never delivered to countries (other than Russia) using the MiG-29A, like east Germany.

It is, even if they don't have the proper DLZ stored in the software (it's not like you couldn't change that with one simple update). From what I know the MiG-29A could carry and launch R-27ER/Ts, they were just never delivered to countries (other than Russia) using the MiG-29A, like east Germany.

You are free to believe what you like :) .

But at least MIG doesn't claim that the MiG-29 is compatible with them:

http://www.migavia.ru/index.php/en/production/the-mig-29-fighters-family/mig-29-mig-29ub-mig-29se?limit=1&start=1

You are free to believe what you like :) .

But at least MIG doesn't claim that the MiG-29 is compatible with them:

http://www.migavia.ru/index.php/en/production/the-mig-29-fighters-family/mig-29-mig-29ub-mig-29se?limit=1&start=1

What we can see in the manufactured info is the oficial features of the product when was delivered. The missile ER, ET and T can be carried and launched by Mig-29A without any modification. A pilot know how shoot this wepons in A version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi 108

You have to select the skin you want to use in the mission editor.

select the Mig 29 in the editor then choose your skin after you open the arming screen.

Im not sure but you might have to select Germany to get the one with the iron cross.

I have done that with about 10 - 20 of them, but none of them show up in game, or you need a mod manager to use them do you have a link to them if they are on a different site? Thanks again... :)

Hi 108

select the Mig 29 in the editor then choose your skin after you open the arming screen.

Im not sure but you might have to select Germany to get the one with the iron cross.

What we can see in the manufactured info is the oficial features of the product when was delivered. The missile ER, ET and T can be carried and launched by Mig-29A without any modification. A pilot know how shoot this wepons in A version.

Bellony!

The site lists aircraft and their specifications currently offered for export by RSK MIG - its a "sales brochure" and not a historical account of what was delivered in Soviet times.

It clearly states that the basic MiG-29 is compatible only with the R-27R1 and R-73E(note export designations) air-to-air missiles and specifically notes R-27ER1 and -27ET1 as well as RVV-AE as additions available with the MiG-29SE:

The MiG-29 aircraft main features:

– integral aerodynamic layout;

– highly efficient bypass turbojet engines ensuring the starting thrust-to-weight ratio exceeding 1;

– integrated system of airborne radio electronic equipment and armament including NO19E airborne radar, ОEPrNK-29E optronic sighting and navigation integrated system with infra-red search and track system, "Shchel-3UM-1" helmet-mounted target designation system;

combination of the middle range "A-A" R-27R1 missiles and R-73E close combat missiles;

– high combat survivability of the two-engine aircraft;

– easy operation.

The basic version of the MiG-29 aircraft is intended for destruction with missiles and built-in gun of all types of air targets in simple and adverse weather conditions in look-up and look-down including the jamming conditions. The MiG-29 aircraft is capable to destruct ground targets using rockets within the field of vision.

To prepare and train the MiG-29 aircraft pilots the MiG-29UB two-seat combat trainer has been developed and since 1985 serially produced on the basis of the one-seat combat fighter. The airborne radar is not installed on it and it is provided the simulation modes to practice the application of missiles with radar homing heads.

While designing the MiG-29 aircraft very high capabilities for the aircraft improvement have been laid into its structure that made it possible to create a number of modifications.

Since the middle of 90-s some countries have been supplied with modified MiG-29SE fighters which have increased internal fuel and upgraded N019ME radar with a new computer. The MiG-29SE fighter armament nomenclature is completed with the middle range "A-A" R-27ER1, R-27ET1 (T1) missiles with radar and IR homing heads and RVV-AE missile with active radar homing heads and maximum weapons load is increased up to 4500 kg.

It clearly states that the basic MiG-29 is compatible only with the R-27R1 and R-73E(note export designations) air-to-air missiles and specifically notes R-27ER1 and -27ET1 as well as RVV-AE as additions available with the MiG-29SE:

Because it's the export version, not the one in service with the Russian air force. They didn't sell the stock MiG-29A, they downgraded it for export...

Because it's the export version, not the one in service with the Russian air force. They didn't sell the stock MiG-29A, they downgraded it for export...

Exactly. Mig don't gonna show you what to do to avoid the sale of the new production line. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder if we ever get full MiG29 module.

One of most popular planes world wide, part of so many air forces.

All information, manuals, everything is unclassified and very easily found.

Plane is overall fairly simple, so it wouldn't be nearly as hard as other modules

Would be PERFECT plane to fight against all the new planes coming (F-18, F-14, Harrier etc)

I think every single person would buy MiG-29A. I wonder if since it is FC3 it will never be real module????

Would be upsetting. We are lacking 4th gen russian plane, and none is more famous than the FULCRUM

AFAIK Russia is extremely tight-lipped about their aircraft, which is probably why we only have the KA-50 as a post-1970's Soviet/Russian module. Most likely, even an A-model would be a dream. :cry:

Besides that, not everyone would buy it, it has relatively horrifying fuel economy and capacity, and only has 6 hardpoints that can hold missiles or bombs. Even though this is the case, as Revolver Ocelot says himself...

6 bullets...more than enough to kill anything that moves. [referring to his revolver]

When you take 2 of those hardpoints for tanks, though, all you get are 4 missiles, usually only 2 for dogfights and 2 for BVR. But of course, the BVR (in a literal sense) on cold war soviet missiles has never been particularly good in DCS...:P

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Because it's the export version, not the one in service with the Russian air force.

The IR and extended range versions of the R-27 were not intended for the MiG-29 and therefore not implemented with its weapon's system - you keep ignoring the paragraph I quoted stating that integration of these weapons only came about with the WCS modifications of the MiG-29S.

Besides, you contradict yourself. You now claim that its because its the MiG-29 export version that it isn't compatible with those weapons, while in your previous post you claimed that any platform capable of deploying the R-27R could also use the extended range version without modification.

They didn't sell the stock MiG-29A, they downgraded it for export...

After the introduction of the 9.13 variant in 1987, the 9.12 was only produced for export.

When you take 2 of those hardpoints for tanks, though, all you get are 4 missiles, usually only 2 for dogfights and 2 for BVR...

1). the "stock MiG-29A" (9.12 version) cannot use wing drop tanks - that ability only came with the 9.13 version. Although it can be "back-fitted" to the 9.12(as Luftwaffe did with theirs).

2). only the two inner hardpoint are compatible with R-27 missiles - the same station used for the droptanks, so its either wing tanks or BVR weapons.

MiG-29S can combine wingtanks with BVR weapons, because the R-77/RVV-AE missile can be fitted to all hardpoints.

you keep ignoring the paragraph I quoted stating that integration of these weapons only came about with the WCS modifications of the MiG-29S.

You don't must update the WCS to use all the R-27 missile family in Mig-29A, at least for the first serie production of R-27 family. I mean you should and need update the WCS for appropriate use of this weapons of course, but is not a must...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The IR and extended range versions of the R-27 were not intended for the MiG-29 and therefore not implemented with its weapon's system - you keep ignoring the paragraph I quoted stating that integration of these weapons only came about with the WCS modifications of the MiG-29S.

Your quote doesn't mention the MiG-29A, it only addresses export versions. It never states anything about the 9.12 capabilities, only the 9.12A (which, again, is the export version).

After the introduction of the 9.13 variant in 1987, the 9.12 was only produced for export.

The 9.12 was never produced for export, it only served in the Russian air force. All MiG-29s sold for export were always downgraded versions.

From what I know the MiG-29A could carry and launch R-27ER/Ts, they were just never delivered to countries (other than Russia) using the MiG-29A, like east Germany.

So, you're saying that the baseline 9.12 was able to use R-27ER/ET/T without any modifications? Do you have any photos or sources (e.g. from a Soviet flight manual) which would back such claims?

I remember reading how the initial variant's WCS couldn't support more than one type of IR missiles and there was a g-load limit with an asymmetric R-27 loadout (effects of which would have been even more severe if carrying the heavier R-27ER/ET missiles). It's possible that some of these components were "upgraded" in the 90's during depot maintenance with 9.13 parts, but the g-load limit issue would have required some structural and/or FCS changes I'd presume.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Your quote doesn't mention the MiG-29A...

Thats probably because not such thing exists - its simply called "MiG-29" whether a 9.12 version(any) or a 9.13.

...it only addresses export versions.

Yet:

a). In connection with the armament expansions including IR and extended range versions of the R-27 for the MiG-29SE, it specifically mentions the upgraded N019M radar and modifications to the WCS - the very things that separate a MiG-29S(9.13S) from a 9.13. But maybe you are suggesting that the initial Soviet 9.12 had capabilities in this regard that the later 9.13 didn't have.

b). Again - you claimed earlier that a platform capable of deploying the R-27R would also be able to deploy the IR and long-burn versions with little or no modifications - the export 9.12B can deploy the R-27R, so why are the other R-27 versions not mentioned as compatible armament if it can "generically" deploy those as well?.

Thats probably because not such thing exists - its simply called "MiG-29" whether a 9.12 version(any) or a 9.13.

The 9.12A, which is the MiG-29 for Warsaw pact nations, is the export model 9.12. This is the MiG-29 your source (http://www.migavia.ru/index.php/en/production/the-mig-29-fighters-family/mig-29-mig-29ub-mig-29se?limit=1&start=1) provides information on. It doesn't at all address the 9.12s loadout capabilities.

a). In connection with the armament expansions including IR and extended range versions of the R-27 for the MiG-29SE, it specifically mentions the upgraded N019M radar and modifications to the WCS - the very things that separate a MiG-29S(9.13S) from a 9.13. But maybe you are suggesting that the initial Soviet 9.12 had capabilities in this regard that the later 9.13 didn't have.

MiG-29SE is also an export version and, by the way, carries the N019ME radar.

I'm not saying it had capabilities that later versions didn't, your source just only covers export version...

b). Again - you claimed earlier that a platform capable of deploying the R-27R would also be able to deploy the IR and long-burn versions with little or no modifications - the export 9.12B can deploy the R-27R, so why are the other R-27 versions not mentioned as compatible armament if it can "generically" deploy those as well?.

It would, but it's probably not officially supported in the software or something. MiG is just a company, and if they can sell you a new version of the 29 for firing new missiles they'll happily do so. This is for export MiG-29 (9.12A). The 9.12 always had that capability.

Edited by red_coreSix

Hi 108

Hi, Dallas48

Do you have a link to the skin in which you mentioned before in your message? Every one that I have found it doesn't matter what country you choose. Is the same thing, it just shows up as the early Russian AF skin. I only play this in Mission Editor as I am still learning the basics of flight. BTW the F-5E is a tricky one... Thanks in advance...

Anyone here know how to make the Georgian Camo skin for the MiG 29 Please???

Edited by 108
add some stuff

• 1 month later...

Well 108 I assume you have found your German and Georgian skins?

If not, realize the the Mig-29A and the Mig-29C have their OWN skins.

So when you place a C version skin in the A version folder, it will not show up in Mig-29A skin folder.

Mig-29A

German Skin: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2070721/

Georgian Camouflage: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/717598/

Mig-29C

German skin: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/648058/

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder if we ever get full MiG29 module.

One of most popular planes world wide, part of so many air forces.

All information, manuals, everything is unclassified and very easily found.

Plane is overall fairly simple, so it wouldn't be nearly as hard as other modules

Would be PERFECT plane to fight against all the new planes coming (F-18, F-14, Harrier etc)

I think every single person would buy MiG-29A. I wonder if since it is FC3 it will never be real module????

Would be upsetting. We are lacking 4th gen russian plane, and none is more famous than the FULCRUM

They could count me in on that module (and I already have FC3), if... at least they released it with the damn Professional Flight Model.

At the time, crucial MiG-29 parameters like it's turn rate, aren't well featured - the thing seams a brick when turning, compared to other jets.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 4 weeks later...
MiG-29A: Standard model and the most common.

MiG-29G: German version of the MiG-29A.

MiG-29S: Later version with better radar and more modern missiles. Like R-77s and ER/ETs.

Mig29S also has 220KG more fuel & ECM function ( note the longer hump)

Mig-29G is here! I didn't know it was in the beta. Fuel tank updated as well.

Thank you guys!

yea hope we see an Updated Mig29S soon. After all its the most capable version of the 3 we have.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

They could count me in on that module (and I already have FC3), if... at least they released it with the damn Professional Flight Model.

At the time, crucial MiG-29 parameters like it's turn rate, aren't well featured - the thing seams a brick when turning, compared to other jets.

We re getting mig29 PFM sooner or later arent we anyway?

does germany still use mig-29 or just keep them in inventory just in case?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5