How To Adjust Aileron Trim Within the 2.0.1 OpenAlpha?

DieHard

My Bf-109 flies a little bit lopsided in the OpenAlpha, Burning Skies server. Is there a way to adjust the presets for aileron trim within the 2.0.1 program?

If so, how is this accomplished?

I'm looking for a balanced aircraft flying at cruise speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(a little bit later... )

Is that what the trim sliding scales are for, for the 109 in the SPECIAL section of Options \ Special ? I bet that is what those are for. Guess, I'll be experimenting. I have never used the cheats before, other than for quick startup.

My CH Products Fighterstick has one each: X and Y potentiometer adjustment wheels. I have never moved them off their zero indent. Was thinking about trying that out. Well, I will try the sliders first.

I still would like to know if there are adjustable presets for the trim within the program.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you open the special tab in settings, there are sliders for aileron and elevator trim there. It is a case of suck it and see to get the correct positions for your needs.

It is done this way because in reality, there is no way to adjust them in the air, but ground crew can do so on the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fine with the default settings, but I learned that they're apparently server based ?

What was really a game changer was the pitch curve kindly remembered by DieHard in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160620

What a difference it made to the general handling of the K4....

I do think that the developers should really consider either making also the elevator trim tab adaptable, or setting it a little tail heavy...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...