VKB T-Rudder Pedals - Review

Thanks Sokol and Bouncerj! Had to make sure that I typed "DEFAULT" rather than "default"; didn't expect it to be case-sensitive.

My rudder axis is working again, however - it doesn't use the full deflection, even after calibrating. Anything else I can try?

See screenshots for the current max. deflection, left/right:

Left:

4597bc1b8befd0e00cccc2db7c42a60c1.png

Right:

fe15100fa7d8635e08c856e13a19ce5b2.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the T-Rudder MkIV from the official announcement:

TRudder_4_1.jpg

The new heel pads look better and should be more comfortable and easier to adjust (sliding and secured forward and backward depending on the shoe size).

There's an access to the "tensioner" hex screw that should adjust the pressure on the internal gimbal.

The pedals "cylinders" are now non-rotating (they were rolling freely with the previous versions).

I like my MkII rolling pedals as they provide a very comfortable freedom of movement. Some users may prefer the MkIV firmer feeling, similar to the common helicopter anti-torque pedals.

The rubber grip pads underneath are also slightly different and should improve the stability.

Otherwise, they still embark the 12-bit magnetoresistive sensor and the reversible cam (hard and soft center), stuffed with ball bearings and high quality CNC all-metal parts.

I'd like one for testing purposes please :music_whistling:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Thanks for posting these pieces of info, Bourrinopathe!

FYI - the pedal cylinders didn't rotate on the MkIII, either. :)

But overall, I might have to bite the bullet again - seeing how VKB keeps upping their game! Especially the tensioner that allows adjusting the pressure on the gimbal sounds interesting; this might allow for a more stable center when using the soft cam.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

But wait more "two weeks, be sure", the Stratojet should receive a batch of Mk. IV and put on Amazon.

^^^ This! :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Bourrinopathe compares it with the MkII/III in this post just above:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2718170&postcount=55

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

T-Rudder Mk. IV heel rest adjust:

post-979-0-90180100-1458608033.jpg

Improvements (GT)

1) efforts centering mechanism. Now it is made on the basis of 4mm thick. The axis of the pressure roller cam had two bearings for better nip roller to the cam.

2) Adjusting the size of the feet is very simple. Loosen the bottom two screws pushed "leg" to the desired position Tighten the screws. "Leg" with the glides are now moved back and forth parallel to the front "leg".

3) Removing the centering mechanism is made much easier. In previous versions, the cam was always under tension spring, so the cam axis is blocked inside the bearing. To remove the centering mechanism of the body, it was necessary to put considerable effort. We have finished the design, you should use before removing mechanism hex key (included with pedals) in the process opening (access to tensioner) and turning the key to push the tensioner of the cam. After that, a centering mechanism can be easily removed from the pedal body.

4) Previous pedal used standard industrial aluminum profile. This profile is versatile due to the grooves. But during the operation, especially under the table, dust accumulates in the grooves. Remove dust from hard-to-groove hard enough. We discovered mold and made their profile form. No grooves - less dust accumulation. The pedals must be not only aesthetic point of pulling the new box)))

5) glides. We completely redesigned the shape of axial bearings. Now they have no protruding sharp edges. Previously it had the opportunity to hurt "venerate" the feet of the toe, which was raised above the floor.

Also rounded shape thrust given more convenience in operation. Previously, it was necessary to put the heel on the middle of the thrust bearing. In MK4 - anywhere. It is even possible to put the heel on the floor and toe at the same time is located under the middle of the foot. Conveniently, especially when little space under the table.

In general, we tried to give the best solution.

Thanks for the details Sokol :thumbup:

I'm not sure what 5) is referring to:

We completely redesigned the shape of axial bearings. Now they have no protruding sharp edges. Previously it had the opportunity to hurt "venerate" the feet of the toe, which was raised above the floor.

What part could hurt the feet ?

(sometimes I use my T-Rudder barefoot and I didn't notice anything uncomfortable (even the heel pads))

(@rrohde: thanks for the detail about the "non-rotating" MkIII pedals. So you don't know how pleasant the feet massage feature is… what a shame :P)

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Thanks for the details Sokol :thumbup:

I'm not sure what 5) is referring to:

What part could hurt the feet ?

(sometimes I use my T-Rudder barefoot and I didn't notice anything uncomfortable (even the heel pads))

(@rrohde: thanks for the detail about the "non-rotating" MkIII pedals. So you don't know how pleasant the feet massage feature is… what a shame :P)

I guess someone unlucky accidentally snagged his toes on the heel plate.

I think #5 is:

5) Heel support (rest).

We completely redesigned the support. Now they have no protruding sharp edges*.

Previously it had the opportunity to hurt foot which was raised above the floor.

Also the rounded shape of hell support given more convenience in operation.

Previously, it was necessary to put the heel on the middle of the support.

In MK4 - anywhere.

It is even possible to put the heel on the floor and at the same time toe (bar) is located under the middle of the foot.

Conveniently, especially when little space under the table.

In general, we tried to give the best solution.

* In mine in the area of half hole for fit the bolts are "aggressive", I use rounded metal file there.

Thanks Sokol. And, yes, I've seen you've smoothed the edges on your T-Rudder. More comfort is always welcome.

More official details on the MkIII -> MkIV improvements incoming ;)

In the meantime, here's a random info (as I was curious about it):

Q6VLuG6.jpg

60 mm, same as the MkIII.

My MkII has a 50 mm clearance but I didn't try the other hole that would increase the space between the pedal and the T-Rudder's front "feet".

I am really going to buy one those new VKB T-Rudder MkIV - even though I haven't had my MkIIIs for that long. Really like how VKB constantly improves on their stuff, and I love to support them for building these awesome controllers for our hobby. :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Also looking forward for that VKB T-Rudder MkIV. Anyone knows when it will available through VKB FSC Europe? Hopefully soon.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p