Real Life Yak

dresoccer4

I was at my hometown flight festival today (Louisville, Kentucky) and happened to wander upon a plane i instantly recognized! i was beyond giddy to inspect her and sit in the cockpit. i asked the pilot/engineer guy a bazillion questions (one of which was if he'd heard of DCS world, to which he said "huh"?) :lol:

one question i did ask about was whats up with the flaps. he said the only reason the flaps are there is to add drag, so when you come in to land you have 40% throttle to simulate a jet fighter on approach. interesting.

the pictures are from the back seat, taken on my new iPhone XS which happen to take super crisp pictures!

[ATTACH]195420[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]195421[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]195422[/ATTACH]

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

The cockpit is a lot roomier than I thought it would be.

yeah it wasn't bad at all! i'm 5'8 so not a big guy though. fit me perfectly

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 1 month later...
Nice pics! And please note the cockpit glass reflections, BTW. Looks to me ED got them about right and the whiners are just as wrong as they often are ;)

thanks!