Mig 29 6DOF Cockpit in DCS 1.5

Python

I was trying the renewed Mig 29 and found what seems to be a bug in the HUD.

The speed indicator in the upper left corner shows 90 at start up and doesn't go bellow that number, it will go above when you increase the speed enough, but during taxi it always shows 90.

If you enlarge the first picture in the first post of this thread you can see that the 90 was present back then.

The speed indicator was find before 1.5

So, bug or feature?

Flying is fantastic, but add a few missiles and explosions and it becomes addictive.

---------

http://www.youtube.com/c/taletoul

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been noticing things about the HUD too recently. Though these are not bugs but instead inconsistencies with RL MiG-29 HUDs.

Examples can be seen in these video below. I tested in-game with the same aircraft as the one used in the video: The MiG-29A

From 1:55 to 1:57 you can catch a glimpse of the vertical scan mode. Pause it and notice the differences between that and my screenshot shown below. You can see that not only is the HUD much more simple, but the bars seem to also be closer and take up more of the HUD vertically.

And from 2:25 to 2:30 you see him locked with the gun activated. Aside from minor details, you can see the range indicator dividing between .8, .6, .4, and .2km with even the "bars" showing capable firing range. You can see the differences in my other screenshot below as well.

JW45MLe.jpg

Mxlk4WQ.jpg

As you can tell they do differ pretty noticeably from the real MiG-29. These are just a few of the many differences I have noticed between DCS's avionics and RL (really I should make a whole new thread dedicated to this).

Now it does not hinder the pilot's ability to fly in game and functions very closely to the RL ones. I may overlook it but I cant help but feel things like this make flying the MiG feel less authentic IMHO.

• Like 1

In-Game Handle: Lutrafisk

She/Her

• 4 months later...

Yes, good post! Noticed the black glass line aswell, annoying... :P

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

It has nothing to do with DCS. FC is a update of former LOMAC (Lock On Modern Air Combat) and nothing else. It has nothing to do with DCS besides being implemented for those that like it "easier", as well as keeping relatively modern fighters in play for those who like it, but it`s certainly nothing new with inconsistencies and as such, FC is treated as a game within DCS. About the only trustworthy elements within it are FM and that alone.

Example can be the Datalink screen on Mig29A/G/S. Until the cockpit update of Mig29, it had both the mods within datalink as Su27S has, namely, repeater hud + top-down combat view. That was fixed only after the said facelift of the cockpit happened.

It´s pointless to argue something that has been known ever since it was released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

I never have seen this before. What you mean is the ECM light sign?

I think what you mean is the air-targets on the right MFD via Data-link AWACS/EWR. You can forget about this feature in the Mig-29S is not any more because the S version never had data-link. There you gone find a HUD repeater.

Nope i did not think that. What i meant is this:

When the system is under direct GCI control via datalink, a 6 bar elevation raster scan is used. This scan covers a sector of 40 degrees in azimuth at ranges up to 30km, 30 degrees at ranges of 30-55 km, and 20 degrees above 55km within the scan limits given above. The distance to target and other useful information is supplied by GCI command, and the direction of the scan is automatically cued by CGI command towards the desired target.

MFD have nothing with this.

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

How can I fix my HUD/Zoom behavior. HUD get away when I close my head in Z axis in trackir.

Change your "Zoom" axis assignment to use the TrackIR Z Axis

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com