F-15C combat questions

Pajeezy

Humm I need tac view.. I'm curious if I've had the same issue.. How ever I would like to point out that if a missle is flying paralell to a bandit as you said unless it's still being guided by your radar which is unlikely I would have to say it no longer can see the target and is just in search mode. I would have to say that at that point what you're seeing is the fact that the missle has been defeated and only reason it's that close is because the bogy pilot flew back towards it.

As far as the Aim7's screwing up you're cycling order.. only thing I can come up with that is you only took 1 and it left you with somewhat of an imbalance on the rails after using it, requiring you to fire two 120's off the opposite side to then balance the weight? Whilst this maybe an issue with the AFM in the SFM it wont require trimming.

On a side note, The aim120's as other have said are horrible. IMHO. Due to it's pathetic ness it at bare minimum requires 2 to kill a bandit. 1 shot at around rmax to force bandit into bfm and the second for a kill at entering wvr. Most of the time it takes atleast three [this is head on 1v1. 1 at Rmax 1 at optimum bfr and the last for the kill shot at WVR] due to the ability of the RU birds having EOS and the helmet tracking keeping SA even when they are in BFM. While I never exspect at 120 to splash a bandit at rmax [unless said bandit is stupid] but Being forced WVR to splash a bogy because the aim120 can be defeated by an old woman on a walmart skooter at a 10nm launch is getting a bit frustrating. Especialy when the RU fighters have EOS and helmet tracking giving them SA 10 fold easier then the f15 having to keep it's radar on like a flood light in a 10ftx10ft room!

Good point, if the missile was flying alongside the target it would be outside of its gimbal limits. That's really weird because this happens pretty consistently and without anything fancy from the enemy in attempt to defeat the missile other than purely running away. Unless the missile is going for some intercept point and ends up beside, then loses track.. It should be smarter then that tho and it should obviously take the nearest possible intercept solution.

As for screwing up the weapons cycle, I mean when you have 120s, 9s, and 7s, the order goes 120,7,120,9 and I don't like the extra 120 in there. Maybe I could fix that by putting the 7s on different pylons.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All missiles use proportional navigation in this game. Google that and I think you'll see what's going on. None of these missiles are flying to an intercept point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Read the topic in order to learn more about the aircraft, but I see that the further operation of the radar and its operation are my difficulty. I did some tests with a friend and su 27, being in the same twosome had trouble finding it on the radar.

Situation was 400N speed, I was 10000pes, he 20000pes, I connected with the radar.

For some time I found the su 27, not found in other more, he varied the radar su 27 between ON and OFF.

Where could drill me like radar F 15 usalo works and how to find other aircraft in the game.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind