Again about the pilot body...

hideki2

Yeah, delay the F-14 indefinitely so we can have a bit of bling in the Viggen!

The queue to throw your money at another beta product preorder is there ------>>>>

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yeah, delay the F-14 indefinitely so we can have a bit of bling in the Viggen!

Not!!!

Viggen > Tomcat :pilotfly:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The queue to throw your money at another beta product preorder is there ------>>>>

Already done. It's called supporting developers so they can increase their workforce, and fix the minor issues that affect all projects.

It's also called playing the long game.

Its alright, I have no problem with people preordering F14. I just hope that the Viggen does not become abandoned as it will obviously no longer be the main source of the revenue to the company. Its cool if you preordering to support the devs. But if you are preordering to enjoy F14 from the day 1 you might end up a little frustrated as I was with our beloved flying Christmas tree.

Also Why is F14 highjacking this thread

Having taken delivery of every airframe on day 1, I know the limitations. It is always the situation that people pre-release purchase and then expect miracles that have the issues.

We just have to be pragmatic about this stuff. And accept that all modules take a while to become whole. People who want that will just have to stop getting involved with pre-release aspects.

And please people, accept that cosmetic additions MUST take a low priority.

The Viggen has been updated very recently, and the F-14 project has been running for 4 years so far. Why do you imagine for a second the Viggen will suddenly cease to be supported when the F-14 arrives? 2 complete modules mean 2 modules to sell to potential new customers. It ain't rocket science!

And please people, accept that cosmetic additions MUST take a low priority.

Just because something is cosmetic addition to you, doesn't mean other people think the same. Pilot body is quite important feature for most people flying in VR, and is the standard in DCS nowadays. Well, except Leatherneck/Heatblur products.

Besides, Cobra confirmed the in-cockpit pilot model is planned for the next few patches, so it's in the pipeline, like it or not.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Just because something is cosmetic addition to you, doesn't mean other people think the same. Pilot body is quite important feature for most people flying in VR, and is the standard in DCS nowadays. Well, except Leatherneck/Heatblur products.

Besides, Cobra confirmed the in-cockpit pilot model is planned for the next few patches, so it's in the pipeline, like it or not.

I agree, pilot body is crucial in VR.

Looking forward to this myself! This and the weird afterburner sound loop and I'll be a happy bunny, the rest of the module is very high quality.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

I agree, pilot body is crucial in VR.

+1

What I experienced flying in VR is that the pilot is too small. I am not joking now, but if I had to eject, and look around my body while on the chute, I always think I am Napoleon (he was somewhat of 1.45 or so ... more like a kid). Sorry to all Napoleon lovers! ;)

I guess this is a general DCS scaling problem?!?!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

+1

What I experienced flying in VR is that the pilot is too small. I am not joking now, but if I had to eject, and look around my body while on the chute, I always think I am Napoleon (he was somewhat of 1.45 or so ... more like a kid). Sorry to all Napoleon lovers! ;)

I guess this is a general DCS scaling problem?!?!

While in cockpit, hit esc, choose options, hit the VR tab, and enable IPD override. Adjust that on the fly, and you can see your virtual world shrink or grow, depending on what values you punch in. I cant give you any pointer if you should go up or down from default 63 - its very individual. Try 43, try 83 and narrow it down to where you think everything is correct size.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

While in cockpit, hit esc, choose options, hit the VR tab, and enable IPD override. Adjust that on the fly, and you can see your virtual world shrink or grow, depending on what values you punch in. I cant give you any pointer if you should go up or down from default 63 - its very individual. Try 43, try 83 and narrow it down to where you think everything is correct size.

Thanks for the tip, but of course I did this. ;)

With the DCS default value my cockpit feels very good.

But the pilot - when ejecting - is too small.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 5 months later...

Any news, if we get a VR pilot body in the Viggen?

I love the Viggen, but the empty seat...:(

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II