** AJS-37 Viggen Update! New Afterburners & Features! **

Cobra847

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing! :(

There was nothing in the Update Log today.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

• 2 weeks later...

DCS: AJS37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• Added possibility to load Bx, RUTA points etc from saved-games folder ini-file. A sample cartridge is in mods-folder.
  • Added Bx6-9 targeting data for Rb15 to autogenerated attack-missions.
  • Auto generated attack missions now plans for highest concentration of enemy units instead of closest units<<< Does this work in MP?
  • Increased available attack plans to 5 and added some extra info to differentiate them.
  • Added possibly to disable cartridges in Mission Editor.
  • Filter out non-airbases among reference data points in CK37 and kneeboard. This solves the issue where 80+ FARPs in the mission resulted in CTD and when FARPs close to spawn point would be set as take-off point for CK37.
  • Added T1-fix for two-stage triggers.

These are slated for the next patch. Today's was the BK90 one :)

I thought the reworked AB etc. was due for today according to the original post and what you write above. Do we have to wait another two weeks? What is happening? :(

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• 2 weeks later...

So, now that the Tomcat is out of the way ;), when can we expect to see the final updates for the Viggen. In particular the PBR overhauled cockpit and exterior and new sound set?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

And the missing EP-13 brightness/contrast control!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

...and the RAT!

Intel Core i7-4770K - ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Socket-1150 - Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB - NVIDIA GTX1080Ti - Eizo 27" LED FlexScan EV2736W-BK, 2560x1440 (Processor, graphiccard and MOS-FET custom watercooled)

Err- just to be clear:

The PBR overhauled cockpit is not a Beta -> release item. It's my personal wish to deliver an even better experience; but you'd be hard pressed to say that the Viggen cockpit is sub-par visually at present.

New sounds, RAT and EP-13 coming before end of year.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Err- just to be clear:

The PBR overhauled cockpit is not a Beta -> release item. It's my personal wish to deliver an even better experience; but you'd be hard pressed to say that the Viggen cockpit is sub-par visually at present.

I love the Viggen and its art work, I was just going by what was written in the first post:

Over the next several patches we will be introducing some of the final "major" items remaining: e.g.: the Ram Air Turbine, in-cockpit pilot, PBR overhaul of both cockpit and exterior, new custom soundset...

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Err- just to be clear:

Don't forget the new afterburner effects and engine detailing please. Are those coming in the next patches or at the end of the year?

Thank you.

Excellent news!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I've just put the finishing touches on the visual updates detailed in this thread and they will be included in the next OB patch.

Does that include the RAT?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sorry for not being up to date took a break from dcs. But has the new bk90 modeling been added to the game?

Yes!!!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• 2 weeks later...