** AJS-37 Viggen Update! New Afterburners & Features! **

Cobra847

Can't wait! :thumbsup::bounce:

Your updates always makes me feel like when I was a kid waiting for Santa! Viggen has a special place in my heart being a Swede grown up in the cradle of swedish military aviation and you really deserve to take care of this precious jewel!

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just by reading those big nice updates that are still coming for the Viggen (and oh, so plenty of them), I must say, not only I feel like i should own it (yes, i dont yet) to give my support for the developers, i actually want to fly it. (coming from a hardcore M2k fanboy).

Good job and glad that you are still working hard on your 'older' modules, not like some other developers.

It just might happen that delta-wings rule my go-to hangar soon!

Im so happy that I found DCS, the free time i might have had - gone :suspect:

That’s all great news, but no mention of the long overdue missing EP-13 brightness/contrast cockpit control.

What’s the news on that? Desperately needed in VR!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On Airshow vids of the Viggen i have noticed that they seem to deploy the RAT both on takeoff and landing. Is that standard procedure ?

Yes. The RAT deploys when the nose gear strut compresses, and stows again with the landing gear. It is open during ground operations.

Thanks for the update

No word on the bk90 though... would you mind dropping one or two words on those?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Well the thrustreverser issue is important aswell. Bk90 is life though

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

+1

I'm also waiting for this.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It is interesting to see how all the endless efforts - including those of the DCS Viggen community - now find impact.

All in all there is only one I can add here:

Great dev-team, great module, great community!

I'm happy to be part of all this! :)

Kind regards,

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Maybe in a bigger rez as wallpaper? :)

AB2.jpg

YES! Me want big size wallpaper on this! :thumbup:

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

Awesome News! Glad I bought the Viggen at the full price to support the team. An amazing jet is getting even better. The afterburner:worthy:

Let's do the Viggen dance :cheer3nc:

| AJS37 | AV-8B | M-2000C | A-10C | F-5E | KA-50 | C-101| CE2 | Yak 52| + PG

Great to hear they are working on a pilot and performance. It’s great news.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Thanks for the update

No word on the bk90 though... would you mind dropping one or two words on those?

Two Weeks™

rdlaugh.png

Well, that actually depends on ED if I'm not completely mistaken.

By the way I'm still waiting for:

Thrust Reverser issue fix (didn't try yet today)

True BK M90

Correct gear / flap retraction (flaps don't come up until after the gear is up and locked in the real thing)

Performance fixes (that M 1.855 insta-wall and 1G-less-than-real-Viggen, general high alt performance)

Unbroken tracks. That reverser kills them instantly 120% guaranteed. Especially since the Viggen always has to be reversed out of the parking spots which is kinda cool actually.

And some minor things :)

But it's always great to see a bunch of fixes and improvements coming twilightsmile.png

PS:

We felt that VRAM was at a great premium on the launch of our Viggen. Lately, however, we've reevaluated VRAM usage of the Viggen and the impact on performance.

Sadly VRAM still is "a great premium". Even the new and totally unaffordable RTX 2080s don't make any difference to that. Still limited to that strange amount of 11GB on the Ti. I, with just 3.5GB of VRAM on my 970 have to turn down textures after 20+ years of having them always maxed out to get DCS to run relatively stutter-free (occasionally and not constantly as with textures set to high)...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

But for some reason im no longer able to load neither NTTR nor St.of Hormuz terrain.

When i try, the game just winks me out to look at the Desktop

Only the Caucasus terrain still works with the editor and saved missions.:(

Is that with the Viggen, or any module?

I just loaded the Viggen into all 4 maps in 2.5.3, instant action stuff. No problem here.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I can't open anything at all on those two terrain maps now, and to be clear, trying to start a saved mission or a new scenario (NTTR or Hormuz) in mission editor pops me right back to desktop.

Only Caucasus works as intended with Viggen, M2000, MIG-21,SU 27 …. and so on.

I know this is a viggen tread but since im intensively into training with this great module

it was the first thing i noticed when i tried to fly a saved NTTR mission i have been working on for some time.

Also trying to continue my "Red Flag" campaign is an absolute no go.

Edited by <51>GRIZZLY

<51>GRIZZLY - You might want to have a look in this thread here. You arent alone.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219093

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |