Flying the Hornet over the PG DCE.

This is great! The "world" in these missions really feels alive (in the sense of: there's more activity than just me and my wingman ;))

Two questions though:

1. I just flew a mission where I needed to destroy an EWR vehicle. In the mission briefing it said laser code 1816 and by default my aircraft was loaded with AGM-65E. But in the mission there was no JTAC to lase my targets and I couldn't enter laser code 1816 (also tried code 1618 in case it was a typo, but didn't get a lock). Any ideas?

2. Can anyone tell me, where I can find tacan codes for the tankers?

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Would it be possible for a computer challenged bloke like myself to make the a-10c campaign into one for the a-10a?

Try this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcl4z5amjb8t7sn/Warthog%20over%20Caucasus.zip?dl=0

Basically an A-10C over Caucasus campaign but I put files to change it easily to A-10A campaign

read the txt file and ask if you need help :)

Defaut version is for FC3 owner...

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Flying the Hornet over the PG DCE.

This is great! The "world" in these missions really feels alive (in the sense of: there's more activity than just me and my wingman ;))

Two questions though:

1. I just flew a mission where I needed to destroy an EWR vehicle. In the mission briefing it said laser code 1816 and by default my aircraft was loaded with AGM-65E. But in the mission there was no JTAC to lase my targets and I couldn't enter laser code 1816 (also tried code 1618 in case it was a typo, but didn't get a lock). Any ideas?

2. Can anyone tell me, where I can find tacan codes for the tankers?

I never get this kind of mission myself :(

There should have been a Laser illuminator plane (F-16 ? ) to illuminate the target. Did you respect timing ? Did your AI wingman hit the target ?

There is no Tacan for tankers in DCE. You can add it by editing the mission if you want ;)

Edited by PB0_CEF

I never get this kind of mission myself :(

There should have been a Laser illuminator plane (F-16 ? ) to illuminate the target. Did you respect timing ? Did your AI wingman hit the target ?

There is no Tacan for tankers in DCE. You can add it by editing the mission if you want ;)

I might jave been slightly too early at the target waypoint. Let's assume that was it (as I can't reproduce.. killed the EWR unit with my guns ;))

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thank you :)

Sorry I think I worked too quickly and forget to make A-10 flyable by the player

Wait until I release the modified version or simply modify the oob-units.lua file to allow player for A-10 (true) and disable player for F-18... sorry again :(

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Sorry I think I worked too quickly and forget to make A-10 flyable by the player

Wait until I release the modified version or simply modify the oob-units.lua file to allow player for A-10 (true) and disable player for F-18... sorry again :(

No worries, fixed it :)

Yeah we were able to destroy other bridges. Frankly every single mission was a bridge strike. I'll try manual deletion. Thanks bud. If you figure it out we'll be very happy.

Tried Harrier over Caucasus and same is happening on first mission: on the debriefing txt I get 2 Bridges with same name and same coordinates.

Second bridge is the one that gets the damage, however the debriefing says that the first bridge didn't got damaged.

Something like:

Bridge XXX YYY (no damage)

- Bridge XXX YYY (destroyed 100%)

This is on first mission, sorry I forgot to grab a screenshot: simply got back to the F18 as a more hassle free experience.

Tried Harrier over Caucasus and same is happening on first mission: on the debriefing txt I get 2 Bridges with same name and same coordinates.

Second bridge is the one that gets the damage, however the debriefing says that the first bridge didn't got damaged.

Something like:

Bridge XXX YYY (no damage)

- Bridge XXX YYY (destroyed 100%)

This is on first mission, sorry I forgot to grab a screenshot: simply got back to the F18 as a more hassle free experience.

I think what you are looking at is the first line is the name of the target and the overall condition of the target at the beginning of the mission, the lines indented below it are the individual elements that make up the target and the condition of each individual element.

From the Read Me file:

but if you fly with AI try to keep weapon's style because they use attack scripts quite different between missiles and bombs

I see the scripts in ME but AI just fly around being targets, how on earth do i get AI to attack bridges ect?

"Engage primary and ..." just makes them fly home :huh:

I think what you are looking at is the first line is the name of the target and the overall condition of the target at the beginning of the mission, the lines indented below it are the individual elements that make up the target and the condition of each individual element.

Agreed, anyway I don’t understand why the debriefing says that the bridge is not damaged even if on the secon line it list it as destroyed (see my example)...

I added Caucasus bridges to target list to diversify targets but often in this map the bridges are made with more than one part and the only way to have a completely destroyed bridge is to destroy the 2 or 3 central parts of it... I’m not able to code a damaged bridge when half part is destroyed sorry :(

I only hope that there’s not a more important bug with bridges that may prevent their destruction !

Bridges are definitely a hit or miss. Some are no problem, and some don't get destroyed at all. Not to mention they get rebuilt. I'd remove em from the list, maybe add some factories or something.
Along this line of thought, regarding MP, is it still true that many of the structures will not register as destroyed if damage was don't by any client. Only the host or AI. Is this still a "thing"?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's the thing. I thought it was somethign along that lines, but we (server and client) both hit the same object with 4x mk83 each and the mission decided there was no damage done. Frankly the most recent mission we did, I (server) hit the bridge and my buddy provided sead on nearby sa8. I've seen it visually destroyed as i egressed and mission said it was not destroyed.

Hi, me and my buddy have been having fantastic time with Harrier over Caucasus but we found an objective we can't get past.

Bridge South Elhotovo N431922 E0441282 is unable to be registered as destroyed.

Things we tried:

1. Regular runs, 2x mk83 over length of the bridge

2. Destroying units by the bridge, killed all AAA defenders

3. Overkill, 8x mk83 impacted into every section from beginning to end of the bridge

We never achieved 50% or 100% destruction.

We have been running strike missions on bridges for 5 sorties now and didn't get that issue with any other objectives.

My last mission in this campaign was to destroy this bridge (SP) My wingman (AI) and I placed a total of 4 GBU-16 on this bridge and ... it was destroyed and declared destroyed in the campaign :huh: I think the problem comes from the DCS MP system... destructions are not very well registered when playing MP missions ... :(

I understand why Mbot will make the new DCE SP only but it's really disappointing not to be able to play with other players :cry:

Since todays update I get this error after completing a mission (Hornet over PG):

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10635

The debrief text window doesn't popup nor does the DOS window (so I'm also not able to advance the campaign). Any ideas what this could be?

(DCS keeps running without any problems)

System specs:

Tnx for the quick response mate! :thumbup:

System specs:

Sadly we have a problem with Link16/SA capabilities in our Hornet campaigns.

Units that were placed on the map before current version of DCS don't contribute to SA picture.

For example E3 doesn't share their data with you.

You can fix it by changing E3 into a different unit then back into E3 and re-saving the mission.

However as new mission is generated it will brake again.

I tried modifying current missions then skipping, i tried fixing the base_mission.miz then regenerating. Nothing work untill i "fixed" the units manually in every mission.

This is a fundamental change to how editor saves units. Frankly, the same is the case for my training mission that me and my friends play.

I suppose that the last update changed mission creation, adding one or more lines in the mission for data linked ready units ?

Couldn’t it be possible to add this/those line(s) in the good mission generation lua file in the script folder ?

I will look at that as soon as possible

Sadly we have a problem with Link16/SA capabilities in our Hornet campaigns.

Units that were placed on the map before current version of DCS don't contribute to SA picture.

For example E3 doesn't share their data with you.

You can fix it by changing E3 into a different unit then back into E3 and re-saving the mission.

However as new mission is generated it will brake again.

I tried modifying current missions then skipping, i tried fixing the base_mission.miz then regenerating. Nothing work untill i "fixed" the units manually in every mission.

This is a fundamental change to how editor saves units. Frankly, the same is the case for my training mission that me and my friends play.

Ah that explains. I thought I forgot something and checked Wag's training video twice, but this time it wasn't me :P

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

Hey PB0_CEF, it seems that if you force add EPLRS to unit's task, the Link16 will work again.

Before this patch EPLRS was not availible to Awacs class.

These are the units that are able to share Link16.

E-2D

E-3A

F-15C

F-15E

F-16C

F/A-18C

F/A-18C Lot 20