Question about the CMBT button

bkthunder

Selecting the SEL/CMBT button and going full throttle doesn't really seem to produce any noticeable effect, other than *sometimes* a 1-2% increase in top-end RPM. In most cases I have not seen RPM go higher than 109% (which is the normal limit, not the combat thrust rating).

Can anyone with more knowledge add their $0.02 and explain what is this supposed to do? Am I missing some keystrokes to maybe push the throttle further forward (like the gate in the mustang)?

Thanks

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

It could be a temperature issue. The CMBT buttons enables the "combat" section of the engine limits

[ATTACH]194943[/ATTACH]

Though it really isn't more than a small boost over the "maximum thrust", it's there for those situations where any little will help.

Yeah that's clear, but it doesn't always give a 2% RPM rise, sometimes it's less even though the temperautre is nowhere near the limit...

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

you can disable the JPTL system (switch is under the throttle) this is not recommended but will push your rpm to 116%, howver engine temp goes through the roof, only use if your engine is hit by AAA and you need more power to stay airborne.

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

1-2% is a difference between VTOL and no-VTOL at close to max VTOL weight. Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
While I completely agree with you, except in extreme circumstances (heat and altitude) if you need the extra percent with water in, maybe you shouldn't be VTOLing, haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 2 weeks later...

So from what I gather and testing is the CMBT switch / mode is not implemented correctly or not functional besides just the green light on the switch ? Tested also and no relative difference on JPT max 715 nor flashing after 2.5 minutes. Anyone else confirm this?

So from what I gather and testing is the CMBT switch / mode is not implemented correctly or not functional besides just the green light on the switch ? Tested also and no relative difference on JPT max 715 nor flashing after 2.5 minutes. Anyone else confirm this?

I confirm this. While you get the 2% RPM increase under certain circumstances, I never reached the temp at which the CMBT light turns on. I remember seeign it work a few patches back (I mean harrier patches, so probably last year :music_whistling: )

I confirm this. While you get the 2% RPM increase under certain circumstances, I never reached the temp at which the CMBT light turns on. I remember seeign it work a few patches back (I mean harrier patches, so probably last year :music_whistling: )

LOL +1