CaptoGloves have arrived - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-29-2018, 10:26 PM   #11
Snapps

Yeah I would wanna look at the switch i was just asking to see how they worked. It pretty much replaces the mouse in the cockpit for you? I think I might get one, I wanna ditch my mouse so bad and use my left hand to do all the switches. I love the direction this is all going and I can’t wait for the feedback ones they are going to be what it’s all about. Thx for your reply!
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #12
Thick8

Even with my mounted touchpad I still find myself reaching for a switch sometimes without thinking. It would be so cool to be able to actuallly do it. This would be as big as VR for DCS.
Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 4.1Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Corsair DDR4/3000 | 2Tb Samsung 960 evo | Samsung Odyssey VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground
Thick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:20 PM   #13
cordite

$800 USD for a set, not including shipping and taxes? Ouch.
cordite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #14
raptorman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thick8 View Post
Even with my mounted touchpad I still find myself reaching for a switch sometimes without thinking. It would be so cool to be able to actuallly do it. This would be as big as VR for DCS.

Totally agree. Alas I don't think this is going to be the solution. No videos I have seen show off using switches and if they could they would show it and have my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raptorman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #15
cordite

It sounds like they're working on it, but that capability is a few months away.
cordite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #16
wormeaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thick8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman0 View Post
Totally agree. Alas I don't think this is going to be the solution. No videos I have seen show off using switches and if they could they would show it and have my order.
I was acuse that I'm forcing Leapmotion and speaking against Capto Glove.

No Gentleman's, I'm not. I just put some question and impressions got from videos politely ask people who was try CG am I wrong or my impressions is correct or at least partially?

Except attack on my opinion didn't get any answer at all in last 10 days.

This all is remind me on times and similar issue with implementing Freetrack support in DCS what was trying to block by TrackIR lobby in similar way.
In the end we won and get Freetrack support, ED should be opened for all.

If someone is happy with CG let him be and maybe in the end this will be the the best solution for realistic interaction inside cockpit but right now I dont get that impression as well.

And I'm repeating for I don't know how much, I'm not against CG but give me some arguments for it! Is this wort 800$ or not.
wormeaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:25 PM   #17
dburne
Veteran

Well it is a CaptoGlove thread...

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro|VPC T-50 |Warthog Throttle|MFG Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:57 PM   #18
Thick8

It was my understanding that Leap Motion wasn’t ready for prime time yet. Has that changed? Because gloveless would be cool. They’re also making advancements with the Kinect2.
We may have several offerings to choose from...
Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 4.1Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Corsair DDR4/3000 | 2Tb Samsung 960 evo | Samsung Odyssey VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground
Thick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:12 AM   #19
BlacleyCole

I haven’t been able to use them yet had trouble with the configuration software and haven’t got that computer since they sent me new software. I’m looking forward to it. My understanding is currently the replace the mouse in one one ed is partnering with CaptoGloves so full implementation should be around the corner just like the thrustmaster warthog back in the day and with the pair it should be almost mouseless.

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #20
Jim L

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormeaten View Post
I was acuse that I'm forcing Leapmotion and speaking against Capto Glove.

No Gentleman's, I'm not. I just put some question and impressions got from videos politely ask people who was try CG am I wrong or my impressions is correct or at least partially?

Except attack on my opinion didn't get any answer at all in last 10 days.

This all is remind me on times and similar issue with implementing Freetrack support in DCS what was trying to block by TrackIR lobby in similar way.
In the end we won and get Freetrack support, ED should be opened for all.

If someone is happy with CG let him be and maybe in the end this will be the the best solution for realistic interaction inside cockpit but right now I dont get that impression as well.

And I'm repeating for I don't know how much, I'm not against CG but give me some arguments for it! Is this wort 800$ or not.
Each to there own its your choice its your money, I have found flight simming an expensive hobby over the years and have had to make compromises. I trust that the developers are trying to give us the best experience they can with the available technology but also appreciate that they cannot do everything otherwise they would be forever writing more and more code and then your rig would probably not be able to store or execute the program because it would be too big. I think you seem to perpetually complain because YOU want Leap Motion because you already have it or its what YOU can afford. Stop moaning and enjoy the sim as it is at the moment and give the developers a chance they obviously think this is the best option to fit in with their programming at the moment and I believe they would have done a lot of research on this new technology before committing to it. You never know once they have got this up and running maybe they will have learned enough to get Leap motion working as well.
Jim L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captogloves