iControl DCS 2.1 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
boarder2

Exclamation iControl DCS 2.1

iControl DCS 2.1 has been released to the App Store.

Added direct connect capability.
Combo MFD framerate increase
Fixed LASTE panel switches not updating with the in-sim values
Fixed an issue with CDU dials resetting
Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements

It requires a new server version.
Server auto-update will not work because... new website!

http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html

I've spent all evening trying to make sure all the ducks are in a row. If anyone has any problems, please let me know via support@bit-shift.com

Happy flying!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Last edited by boarder2; 10-01-2012 at 06:55 AM.
boarder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Cowboy10uk

Quick question Boarder, do I have to set up the mfd screens to use this, reason I'm asking, is I'm am thinking of running my mfd's on my left and right screens, at full size, as I can't see a thing on the mfds at the normal size, joys of getting older darn eyesight. Anyway as I will have 2 mfds at full size on monitors, I don't need to have live mfds on my iPad. All I need is the mfds buttons to work. That way I can see what I'm doing and easily control my mfds using the iPad touchscreen. So is there anyway I can do this. Although thinking bout it, I may still put the live cdu on.

Cowboy10uk

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot
Cowboy10uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy10uk View Post
Quick question Boarder, do I have to set up the mfd screens to use this, reason I'm asking, is I'm am thinking of running my mfd's on my left and right screens, at full size, as I can't see a thing on the mfds at the normal size, joys of getting older darn eyesight. Anyway as I will have 2 mfds at full size on monitors, I don't need to have live mfds on my iPad. All I need is the mfds buttons to work. That way I can see what I'm doing and easily control my mfds using the iPad touchscreen. So is there anyway I can do this. Although thinking bout it, I may still put the live cdu on.

Cowboy10uk
There's not a simple way to do this using the server display configuration utility directly.

However, what you could do is, configure your display with the utility, leaving the MFDs NOT exported. Update the scripts, then manually edit your monitor configuration file to export the MFDs in the positions you want them.

If you do it that way, the server software will not export them to the iPad, you'll see them on the screen, and the buttons should work just fine.

Hope that helps!

Old 08-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
Cowboy10uk

Yep think so Boarder, thanks for the quick answer. I have already got it set up showing the mfds how I want them. If I use the display configuration to put the cdu where I want it, and then create a script, am I right in thinking that if I copy and paste that cdu script into the mfd one I already hav then that should display the cdu in right place.

Ummm hope u can understand this, think I've just confused myself

Cowboy10uk

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot
Old 08-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy10uk View Post
Ummm hope u can understand this, think I've just confused myself

Cowboy10uk
Yeah, that should probably work. Basically you'll just have to make sure the two are merged correctly. Keep the copy of your current display config. Set up the display with the CDU using the server tool. Update the scripts. Then merge the CDU export config into your original config and rename it to replace the one with the CDU config.

Or merge the MFD exports into the one with the CDU... whichever.

Check out http://winmerge.org/
You can select both files and see the differences between the two, should make merging them a lot easier.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
Cowboy10uk

All done and set up. Works a treat. So so much easier to control and work with mfds now. Thanks for your help Boarder.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
Dodgeza

Anyone else getting really horrid framerates on the MFD's with this? I can't seem to figure out why all of a sudden I can't get about 5 FPS. My network is very good and utilization on the NIC is very low. Firewall is all good and settings seem to be fine...

Stumped...
Windows 7 64bit - AMD 1090T OC @ 4.02ghz NB @2.6ghz - MSI 990FXA-GD80 - 4x Geil Black Dragon 2GB 9-9-9-28 @ 1666mhz - 2x Geforce 580 GTX SLI OC @ Core 900Mhz Shaders 1800Mhz Memory 2100Mhz - Samsung 24" T240 @ 1900 x 1200 - 2 x Velicoraptor 150GB HDD - TM Warthog - Track IR 5 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - iPad & iPad2 running iControl DCS
Dodgeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
BKLronin

Any possibilities to get this for regular android devices?

BKLronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgeza View Post
Anyone else getting really horrid framerates on the MFD's with this? I can't seem to figure out why all of a sudden I can't get about 5 FPS. My network is very good and utilization on the NIC is very low. Firewall is all good and settings seem to be fine...

Stumped...
Is this recent? Were you getting higher rates before?

One thing that I've noticed is that disabling the aero glass themes and switching back to a standard theme in Windows 7 can have a huge impact on framerates.

For me, switching means jumping from ~12FPS in combo mode to ~25 and ~30FPS in zoomed to ~60.

I will be adding an option to automatically disable aero when you launch the server and re-enable it when you close it.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLronin View Post
Any possibilities to get this for regular android devices?
Honeycomb version for tablets work is going to start soon, I hope. No plans for a smaller phone version, yet.