Night filter on VDI

bones1014

I'm running external monitors for the VDI and HSI. The problem is when I turn on the night filter for the VDI (red) the export image is so dark I can't see it on my external monitor. Is there a way to get the export image brighter so I can use the night filter?

Maybe ;)

Head to ..\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\F14\Cockpit\Scripts\VerticalDisplayIndicator\Indicator\

and backup "overlay.lua" (a simple copy-paste is enough)

Open it with notepad. The last line should be "Add(crtdarkvignette)"

Try to comment it (prefix with double -, ex. "--Add(crtdarkvignette)" ) and (If I remember correctly, 'cause I haven't played on pancake for ages), it should make the export screen easier to read.

If it doesn't, just revert by removing the double dash.

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index

The brightness nob on the VDI doesn't help?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Maybe ;)

Head to ..\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\F14\Cockpit\Scripts\VerticalDisplayIndicator\Indicator\

Try to comment it (prefix with double -, ex. "--Add(crtdarkvignette)" ) and (If I remember correctly, 'cause I haven't played on pancake for ages), it should make the export screen easier to read.

I'll give it a go. Thank you

Maybe ;)

It didn't work but thanks again.:thumbup:

I think there's a "light" behind the VDI that "shines" through it in the cockpit model. So out of the Viewport export you'll only get the original image. That light also has the CRT "noise" in it if you notice an exported VDI or DDD is much clearer than in the cockpit.

I wonder if there's an undocumented way to boost a viewport in the Monitor Config LUA?

• 2 weeks later...
I think there's a "light" behind the VDI that "shines" through it in the cockpit model. So out of the Viewport export you'll only get the original image. That light also has the CRT "noise" in it if you notice an exported VDI or DDD is much clearer than in the cockpit.

I wonder if there's an undocumented way to boost a viewport in the Monitor Config LUA?

That would be nice.