TARAWA Update Overview - 2.5.6 OB

SUNTSAG

Thank you, very useful info, specially for those of us that fly mostly Single Player :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Sunstag for the excellent video. Nice to know some fixes improvements have been made and noted do not set wind speed at or above 21 knots to avoid AI harrier sinking on vertical take off.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

This is a great video, thanks for your time testing it an d making video :thumbup:

Well noted the bug for the 21kt wind at 1600ft.

Just a thought for the loaded Harrier: the Tarawa is sailing at 12kt and the wind is 09kt at sea level. This is a wind over deck of just 21kt, which is quite low.

The Tarawa is supposed to have a max speed of 24kt. So making at 20kt (or above) should increase deck wind to 29kt or more and improve payload/ Harrier take off performance.

An by the way, is this 21kt wind speed just impacting vertical take off ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The mission editor windspeed is not ''from'' it's ''toward''. You had a 9 knot tailwind. The ingame Harrier EHSD windspeed is opposite and how windspeeds are usually referenced in aviation, showing the direction the wind is ''from''.

This will clearly affect takeoff behavior.

You can test by :

Set wind direction in editor

Harrier on ground perpendicular to wind

Note AoA vane on nose (not AoA... just windvane, I guess?)

EHSD/DATA/AC page will show wind dir in lower left. It will be opposite whatever you set in editor.

Flip your wind direction and retest, you may get different results ;)

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The mission editor windspeed is not ''from'' it's ''toward''. You had a 9 knot tailwind. The ingame Harrier EHSD windspeed is opposite and how windspeeds are usually referenced in aviation, showing the direction the wind is ''from''.

This will clearly affect takeoff behavior.

You can test by :

Set wind direction in editor

Harrier on ground perpendicular to wind

Note AoA vane on nose (not AoA... just windvane, I guess?)

EHSD/DATA/AC page will show wind dir in lower left. It will be opposite whatever you set in editor.

Flip your wind direction and retest, you may get different results ;)

:doh:

I know it, I should have spotted it in the video.

Well done :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

really good video Suns. What happens on the heavy harriers if you speed up the Tarawa to 20 knots.

A couple of other notes.

If you ramp start helos in uncontrolled they will set themselves in the numbered landing pads in sequence, regardless if you have statics in the way. You can pick up to 4 parking spots however.

Also if you have statics on the deck, when the AI harriers land they will taxi around them looking for an open spot. Very cool.

Harriers dont have a choice of parking spots as uncontrolled.

Edited by gunterlund21

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

It works beautifully in both single player and Multiplayer mode as long as you're the only human spawning. I placed 4 individual units of UH-1's and 4 individual units of Mi-8's on the Tarawa, as you would if you were using the CSAR or CTLD scripts and then had several of my squad mates spawn in. We all wound up on top of each other. :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]