Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

15 minutes ago, WinterH said:

Where did you get that? Was it said by someone from ED?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I'll keep the colorful expletives and adjectives to myself then but... wow... they were doing literally the best variant to make, of an aircraft that would add a lot to sim, and probably also sell like hotcakes, and now it's "probably gonna be done by a 3rd part and variant is uncertain".

Just wow.

Edited by WinterH
  • Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

25 minutes ago, WinterH said:

I'll keep the colorful expletives and adjectives to myself then but... wow... they were doing literally the best variant to make, of an aircraft that would add a lot to sim, and probably also sell like hotcakes, and now it's "probably gonna be done by a 3rd part and variant is uncertain".

Just wow.

Yes, that is a bummer. From having the Phantom in development to "on hold" to "probably done by someone else" is a major downturn.

But perhaps this will open the door for Heatblur doing it as a naval variant with Jester as RIO, which would make a ton of sense.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, MBot said:

Yes, that is a bummer. From having the Phantom in development to "on hold" to "probably done by someone else" is a major downturn.

But perhaps this will open the door for Heatblur doing it as a naval variant with Jester as RIO, which would make a ton of sense.

Yeah, I'd say they're best poised to deliver one.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Maybe it's a good thing they put off the Phantom for now... Hear me out! I want the Phantom as much as the next guy, but it's another very complex aircraft. Doing it alongside the also complex Apache Longbow and not as much but still pretty complex Fulcrum when the goal is to not have another Viper release... Might just not be feasible.

And if the third party is Heatblur, we shouldn't have much to worry about.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lmp said:

Maybe it's a good thing they put off the Phantom for now... Hear me out! I want the Phantom as much as the next guy, but it's another very complex aircraft. Doing it alongside the also complex Apache Longbow and not as much but still pretty complex Fulcrum when the goal is to not have another Viper release... Might just not be feasible.

And if the third party is Heatblur, we shouldn't have much to worry about.

Agreed.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I guess I just don't understand where the demand for more helicopters comes from. 

People have been screaming for modern Russian fighters for years and they are finally in a position to deliver one evidently but NOPE KA-50...again lol...but I guess mama ED knows best. 

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

For those who are excited its going to be great, the messages I have been getting today really makes me feel good about what we have done so thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to message us today. 

Yeah don't worry: The AH-64D is indeed very much mind-blowing, given the capabilities of the Longbow radar, radar-guided Hellfires and the target-area handoff capabilities with wingmen - if Jane's Longbow is to be believed.

I am very much looking forward to the MiG-29 9.12 as well!

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

2 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Yeah don't worry: The AH-64D is indeed very much mind-blowing, given the capabilities of the Longbow radar, radar-guided Hellfires and the target-area handoff capabilities with wingmen - if Jane's Longbow is to be believed.

I am very much looking forward to the MiG-29 9.12 as well!

According to Kate's post apparently the radar isn't even  definitely in yet, because of secrecy, whatever that means.
It will be released initially as something closer to the -A variant.
I dont find the whole thing mind-blowing at all...

Wish they went for the phantom. Thats its now dropped completely apparently is disappointing to say the least. 

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1

If the RADAR isn't confirmed, what's the point in doing a D? Isn't that its main feature over baseline Apaches? Besides full glass cockpit?

System:

7 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

If the RADAR isn't confirmed, what's the point in doing a D? Isn't that its main feature over baseline Apaches? Besides full glass cockpit?

Don't ask me. A summary of Kate's post is in the unofficial roadmap thread. The main  one, not the 2021 roadmap thread.

Edited by Snappy

1 minute ago, Snappy said:

Don't ask me. A summary of Kate's post is in the unofficial roadmap thread. The main  one, not the 2021 roadmap thread.

Oh yeah I saw, I'm just worried that there might be some foot shooting involved if it turns out the RADAR is a no-go.

System:

Well its not mind blowing and ED had already said it was going to happen so a little disappointed there, but I can't be upset about an Apache. It's not "OMG!1!1" levels of hype but Im happy to be getting and really glad to be wrong about it being a spamram jdam truck.

• Like 2

To put some positivity to this thread, I for one am stoked for the Apache.  It’s exactly what I was hoping for!

I know there are a lot of people who want a lot of things, but a Bluefor attack helo is sorely needed to face off against KA50 and MI24.  I also know there’s no modern Redfor jets to face off against the Blue ones, so I do hope they find a way to get you guys your modern Redfor jet.  While I feel your pain, I and many others are celebrating today!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I'd have to echo the comments of others above.  While I'll no doubt buy the Apache, the 'big reveal' was a little disappointing as we already kind of knew it was happening (i.e. the Wags Syria videos, The Battle Simulator, and the upcoming Kiowa module).  I was hoping for something completely out of the blue.  TBH I'm more excited about the new cloud/wx model.  Understandable though, ED/TBS 'may' well have professional customers who are more influential when it comes to module selection for procedural training.

• Thanks 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

11 hours ago, MBot said:

Hmm, I would love HB to do the F-4, but even though the naval F-4 is quite cool, I desperately hope for an F-4E. It's the most-exported variant, so I guess there's more appeal in it for international DCS users (the F-4E was or still is used by Egypt, Australia, Germany [F-4E and F-4F], Greece, Iran, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Turkey), while the naval Phantoms were just used by the USA and (modified) by the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IF Heatblur indeed were to make the Phantom, then the naval variant would be a lot more likely because of its similarity with the F-14. RIO instead of WSO (no dual flight controls) for which they could simply copy Jester and an early analogue PD radar which they already did for the Tomcat.

27 minutes ago, Buzzles said:

Where's the ground breaking surprise then?

Can't be the Apache, as that was known about for years.

Its right now said to be the intended so called...secret aircraft to their understanding and they have teased the Apache at the 2021 and beyond video. And in the roadmap thread too it is mentioned as such.

The only bummer for us is that, we WON'T or WILL NOT be seeing the Tornado made, the manufacturer itself has denied info. Also, we won't be seeing Red force modules like the Mig-27 which is now told to be not even planned or in the works. We have to settle for the bare baseline Mig 29 - 9 -12 (A) model which is planned to be clickable.

The REAL MOST AWAITED module, the iconic F-4 Phantom has been set on indefinite hold and is given for development for SOME OTHER 3rd party developers who MIGHT be interested to work on it. For me, I wish to see the F-4E and the F-4J or B Phantoms. and these are the most iconic aircrafts. At least the E version has seen PLENTY of combat in the Middle east nations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kudos to ED trying to get the information about the Tornado, at least they tried, and then being denied, which now leaves the Tornado open to 3rd party developers, which I'll not hold my breath on, because if the manufacturers wont share information with a well known developer such as ED, there's no chance most 3rd parties won't either, unless it's political because ED are a Russian based company ( a high possibility) 

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

2 hours ago, Badger1-1 said:

I´d imagine that ol Belsimtek would give what they had to the 3rd Party to start with maybe?

I don't think this is how it works with ED/BST. It's my impression that there is little to no cooperation at all between ED and 3rd party devs, seeing how some updates ripped modules apart and then the search began to find out what actually caused it. Or the latest thing with the MiG-21 radar issue and Magnitude not knowing when their patch would actually be included in the newest update... there are many examples. There might be differences between 3rd party devs though.