Voice Attack locks out Comm menu... - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-03-2019, 11:13 PM   #1
'Stang

Default Voice Attack locks out Comm menu...

Hey guys. I'm running Voice Attack and it is doing weird stuff. It seems to be locking out the in-game comms menu, so I can't get the Chief to give me ground power or talk to ATC for taxi out, landing etc. Everything else works okay like it used to, but now for some reason that one function is jacked up. I have to shut down DCS and restart it without Voice Attack working in order to use that menu again. Then it works ok until I try to use VA. It is not the profile either, because if I load my X-Plane or FSX profile it still does it.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks!
'Stang
'Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:40 AM   #2
eric963

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Stang View Post
Hey guys. I'm running Voice Attack and it is doing weird stuff. It seems to be locking out the in-game comms menu, so I can't get the Chief to give me ground power or talk to ATC for taxi out, landing etc. Everything else works okay like it used to, but now for some reason that one function is jacked up. I have to shut down DCS and restart it without Voice Attack working in order to use that menu again. Then it works ok until I try to use VA. It is not the profile either, because if I load my X-Plane or FSX profile it still does it.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks!
'Stang

The last update today solved that issue for me.
eric963 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
Eaglewings

I updated to the version 1.7.5 and noticed I cannot get Jester menu activated even with keyboard command.
Pressing on A result in nothing even without voice attack running. Remap the Jester menu key, restart the system, no luck.
I am not sure if it is the vioce attack update that is messing up thing but it is quite coincidental
Old 04-05-2019, 02:45 AM   #4
stgchamby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewings View Post
I updated to the version 1.7.5 and noticed I cannot get Jester menu activated even with keyboard command.
Pressing on A result in nothing even without voice attack running. Remap the Jester menu key, restart the system, no luck.
I am not sure if it is the vioce attack update that is messing up thing but it is quite coincidental
In VAICOM using the Lctrl+LALT+C GUI, go to the EX tab and uncheck the Enable box under AIRIO. Restart VA and DCS. Jester wheel will be back but you will not be able to voice control Jester anymore.

ANON6-4 | Chamby
stgchamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:47 AM   #5
Eaglewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgchamby View Post
In VAICOM using the Lctrl+LALT+C GUI, go to the EX tab and uncheck the Enable box under AIRIO. Restart VA and DCS. Jester wheel will be back but you will not be able to voice control Jester anymore.

ANON6-4 | Chamby
I ran the dcs repair application and I am good again.
It was not Jester alone that got messed up, other hotas binding were not functioning too.
Thanks a lot stgchamby, I will keep this in mind should it happen again.