Images of the new updated MiG-29 model have surfaced

Sryan

Looks beautiful. I must ask, however, will there be a flight model update coming with that? Mig-29 currently handles like a paper plane with a jet engine.

Yes both the MiG-29 and the Su-33 are slated for FM updates, all the way to PFM, so on par with F-15, Su-27 and all full fidelity modules. It's planned to reach completion this year.

• Like 1

Check my F-15C guide

I must ask, however, will there be a flight model update coming with that? Mig-29 currently handles like a paper plane with a jet engine.

Most important thing for me! I got tire to dive like a bullet with poor joystick response. Crash is a classic with non PFM implementetion in Mig-29.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice!

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With the flight model updates, will the MiG-29 and Su-33 also be released as standalone modules like the F-15 and Su-27?

That is most likely the case. During the streams about the Mirage back in October-November, an icon on the main menu was spotted that was labelled МиГ-29, or was it Cy-33.. Can't recall but I know there was an icon for a standalone module from the FC3 modules that's not available now.

Check my F-15C guide

It was for the 29.

But I hope a 29 full DCS level. :)

• Like 1

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Awesome! When will we see it in game?

The plans are this year. The Su-33 will probably be the first to receive the update. The reason is that is probably a bit easier to do, as it can be done by modifiying parametres from the Su-27, and then adding calculations for the canards. However, deck landings would have to be done from scratch, as the current SFM relies on scripts. Or it would have to be reworked from the hornet code.

Another reason I think the Su-33 will be first is to capitalize on the upcoming admiral Kuznetsov + Nimitz DLC. And also to provide a playable rival to the Hornet in the multiplayer enviroment.

Edited by Sryan

Check my F-15C guide

More details inside the cockpit (when seen from external). More details on the EOS. More details on protrusions like those found on the vertical stabiliser and spine. Things like that are what I am seeing. Also the air inlets on top of the wings strakes seem a bit more detailed. And actually blend in with the hull a bit better than they do now.

Check my F-15C guide

That's a superb update. Cannot wait for it and the PFM to go with that. FYI - According to ED's Yo-Yo, the PFM will be available after he's done with the DCS Spitfire - whenever that may be. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That's a superb update. Cannot wait for it and the PFM to go with that. FYI - According to ED's Yo-Yo, the PFM will be available after he's done with the DCS Spitfire - whenever that may be. :)

Did he say that? I did an advanced search for yo-yo's posts containing a lot of different words revolving around FC3. ( Flaming cliffs, Su-33, MiG-29, МиГ-29 Cy-33) But I found no returns for a statement like that. I even translated a good deal of russian posts.

I did however, find a post made by Wags. It reaffirms my point and also sort of confirms yours :)

So the Su-33 PFM is in the works as we speak. And the MiG-29 will be worked on once the Spitfire Mk.IX is complete.

Check my F-15C guide

Did he say that?

Yes; in a PM to me in reply to a question I had.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com