One more Harrier :)

Paladin2005

Bought today, had it in my crosshair for a long time. :music_whistling:

I love this little bird.

Im a little bit picky in choosing my modules.

So far im only using the A10, the Huey and now - tadaaaa - the Harrier. :joystick:

Just wanted to tell :D

Jan

I can offer you assistance with this module if you want, I can save you a severals hours of your life in only one flight.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

I am just sitting in it during the the free test and - I am starting to fall in love.

There is not billion of the switches (that doesn't mean that devil cannot hide in options through the MFDs), visibility is great, tutorials so far seems to be OK and there is a lot of them.

Thus it is quite likely that today or tomorrow my bank account is going to suffer a little bit.

Downloaded it as a trial and I like it, handles well and pretty straightforward to fly. Havent tried any of the VSTOL capabilities yet.

Inusually fly F15C and Vyper so it's rather slow when compared to them but then it's not supposed to be a dogfighter.

Hello! Do you know how to create a flight plan in an AV-8B plane?

Is that a question, or an offer? :)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I have to admit, I'm enjoying the free trial. I've had the Harrier on my list for a few years now but always avoid it due to the negative posts regarding the state of the systems/bugs, etc. I love the A10C and also have all of the helicopters and the F18/Supercarrier....I think this would complement the A10C and my TM Cougar panels nicely, no?

Anyone know if the Harrier will integrate with the Supercarrier module? I know I can land on any of them, but will it 'integrate' like the F18 will?

Anyone want to take a stab at convincing me NOT to buy it at 50% off? It will likely be my last module for a while (until the Hind that is) as I still haven't even close to mastered the F18.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

I have to admit, I'm enjoying the free trial. I've had the Harrier on my list for a few years now but always avoid it due to the negative posts regarding the state of the systems/bugs, etc. I love the A10C and also have all of the helicopters and the F18/Supercarrier....I think this would complement the A10C and my TM Cougar panels nicely, no?

Anyone know if the Harrier will integrate with the Supercarrier module? I know I can land on any of them, but will it 'integrate' like the F18 will?

Anyone want to take a stab at convincing me NOT to buy it at 50% off? It will likely be my last module for a while (until the Hind that is) as I still haven't even close to mastered the F18.

With a 50% discount, there is no reason to hold off. Grab it while you can :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Cool aircraft. Fun. VTOL take offs and landings take skilz. Having trouble steering on the ground but I think I figured that out... anti skid? R/W Harrier pilots must have big bal_z.

Lots of training and patience... but they are almost always in the top 10% of their jet training classes. As for the big bal_z, not sure about that but you can ask her

I had no interest in the Harrier, but downloaded it today during the free trial. OMG, it is SO MUCH fun!! Just pulled the trigger and added it to my collection. So far I'm just having fun doing VTOLs. Just landed on the Oliver Perry that was trailing the Tarawa in the practice landing mission. In many ways this thing is similar to a heli, but somewhat easier to fly/land. My (very limited) Mi-8 experience is certainly paying off when it comes to landing the AV-8B.

Thanks RAZBAM for an outstanding module !!!

I had no interest in the Harrier, but downloaded it today during the free trial. OMG, it is SO MUCH fun!! Just pulled the trigger and added it to my collection. So far I'm just having fun doing VTOLs. Just landed on the Oliver Perry that was trailing the Tarawa in the practice landing mission. In many ways this thing is similar to a heli, but somewhat easier to fly/land. My (very limited) Mi-8 experience is certainly paying off when it comes to landing the AV-8B.

Thanks RAZBAM for an outstanding module !!!

You're not alone :D

44020454162_5a2a4d3588_k.jpgScreen_180630_042827 by redskin83, sur Flickr

44020453312_1cac79ba5b_k.jpgScreen_180630_042845 by redskin83, sur Flickr

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Lots of training and patience... but they are almost always in the top 10% of their jet training classes. As for the big bal_z, not sure about that but you can ask her

My comment was not meant to be disrespectful... should have said CANNON BALLS! :thumbup:

Edited by lobo**

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

I must say I enjoyed the two days of trial with the Harrier

It's been a blast :)

Haven't bought it yet but I am very tempted.

Well done DCS for the multiple trials, it's a great incentive to select the modules you like before buying them.

And of course, Well done Razbam. From my very limited experience, it looks like a great module indeed

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

I was asking myself if I should get the Harrier or not. And with all this negativity around here I wasn't sure if I would ever buy it.

Now with the sale I thought "now or never" and bought it.

It feels so different to other planes! Really cool, and I'm happy I purchased it finally. Only thing that I really don't like is the slewing of the tpod. Feels very strange compared with the Hornet, Viper or Warthog.

But I like the module! If you are interested in the Harrier go get it.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Only thing that I really don't like is the slewing of the tpod. Feels very strange compared with the Hornet, Viper or Warthog.

What do you mean?

Controls or the pod speed etc?

IMHO ED should be responsible for all the core systems, be it a basic standard instruments or targeting pods etc, so that 3rd party just need to get the video feed from pod and send input controls etc. But otherwise pod would be like a missile etc that ED controls.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

What do you mean?

Controls or the pod speed etc?

IMHO ED should be responsible for all the core systems, be it a basic standard instruments or targeting pods etc, so that 3rd party just need to get the video feed from pod and send input controls etc. But otherwise pod would be like a missile etc that ED controls.

I´m talking about the controls. They don´t feel as smooth as they are in the Hornet, for example.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Didn't take it as disrespectful at all, hope that's not what my message conveyed. I was just pointing out that she has a large pair as well! She's a great person and an awesome Marine Officer. This jet will kill you, as has been proven by its original nickname, the Widow Maker, which is why the pilots that score highest in jet training usually get picked to fly it. That being said, just because you scored high in training does NOT mean they are good pilots...

It is a question!

Yes, I do...

... :noexpression: wha...?

Are you looking for some help? :huh:

Just pulling your leg a little ;)

What exactly do you need help with?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

This jet will kill you, as has been proven by its original nickname, the Widow Maker, which is why the pilots that score highest in jet training usually get picked to fly it. That being said, just because you scored high in training does NOT mean they are good pilots...

That nickname goes to many aircrafts, but with Harrier it is the first version, not ours.

The harrier we fly is safe and easy to fly, nothing like first one.

And if someone thinks Harrier is super easy, then the F-35 will blow your mind as it literally lands by itself.

Now almost everyone can be harrier pilot since AV-8B computerized flight controls, but you still need to be good.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Ha ha!

Well, this thread has helped ease my guilt at spending more than I intended during the sale :)

The Harrier is one of my all time favourite airframes (grew up watching them as a kid and have even sat in a couple).

Really pleased to finally be able to fly it in DCS :D

RBG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)