Installs used up

Dustbag1969

Hi,

I upgraded my computer recently and had to reinstall DCS and modules.

It appears I have ran out of A10C installs and I get a message saying I will get 1 fresh install after 31 days.

I cannot remember when the 31 days is up but when I check it still says "Install available after 31 days".

1. Is there any way to tell when I will be able to install the A10C module again if I cannot remember when DCS was installed?

2. If I upgrade again in future will I have to wait another 31 days before I can install the module? (Hope not as this seems a really crap system)

Thanks

Dusty

I agree that it is a crap system, and made even worse when one doesnt read its documentation (on DCS DOC Folder, its called activation guide), where it tells how to deactivate prior to reinstalling Windows or upgrading your PC, and then reactivate afterwards.

That procedure would have allowed you 20 reinstalls, but now that you have no more activations to deactivate, you are out of options. You could try to open a support Ticket on ED's webpage, maybe they will give you one activation sooner.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2. If I upgrade again in future will I have to wait another 31 days before I can install the module? (Hope not as this seems a really crap system)

The system allows for the deactivation of a currently active installation. Next time you change the hardware, you should deactivate the module first, so that you regain one activation.

The number of deactivations is also limited (10, I think), but it means you're good to go for quite some time.

Hopefully by then the module will have been switched over to the keyless activation system that most other modules already use.

A support ticket might also be a good idea.

• ED Team

Please contact our support directly if you are having issues.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

We will be moving to a keyless system for all aircraft in the future, more news on that soon.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I realise it is my own error for not reading the documentation that "Rudel chw" has so kindly reminded me of and will wait the 31days until I get a new reactivation I just wanted to check if this will happen automatically or do I need to do something in order to get the activation?

• ED Team
I realise it is my own error for not reading the documentation that "Rudel chw" has so kindly reminded me of and will wait the 31days until I get a new reactivation I just wanted to check if this will happen automatically or do I need to do something in order to get the activation?

It will be automatic.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I realise it is my own error for not reading the documentation that "Rudel chw" has so kindly reminded me of and will wait the 31days until I get a new reactivation ..

Being 31 days without flying an aircraft that I've paid for is not an option .. you've nothing to risk by opening a support ticket, as they can probably check that you do in fact own the module and maybe add an extra activation sooner.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB