2.5.6 Lot of user's mods are down

jef32

Hi

I was afraid and I was right

If, like me, you created missions and static models with user's mods, you have worked for nothing. As usual, the update to 2.5.6 make these mods unuseful, and now, some of them are crashing DCS if used.

-Civilian mods by Joe Rowe

-The helipads by Uputaut

-Swiss Air Force U-80 Hangar by PSV-Tango

-Swiss Air Force Hangars 3 by PSV-Tango

-Swiss Air Force Hangars 6 by PSV-Tango

-And many items of the fabulous "VPC Airfield Equipmen"t don't appear anymore in the missions.

I remember that VOC has done a fix for the items of the VPC Airfield Equipment which were not working in the 2.5.5 and some of these fixes are working in 2.5.6 (not all of them) but all the other items of the VPC Airfield Equipment which havn't been fixed for the 2.5.5 because they continued to work, now aren't working in 2.5.6 ( hangars, big hangar, control towers, buildings, firehouses...)

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Sound mods too I guess

The mod of ambient sounds, I've made, with the help of Dimitriov, continues to work.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

I've uploaded it but I don't find it anymore on the DCS servers.

So, if you want it, you can download it on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v5xF7lLBLVR5pbQ-3W-BvZk2oPZLhWdf/view?usp=sharing

So, now I've made some tries.

In contrary about what I've said at the beginning of this topic, except the civilian_objects partly unusuable ( the vehicles continue to work but buildings and helipads are crashing DCS 2.5.6) , the VPC_Airfield Equipment and the Hangars are working, but you must choose them as "vehicles" then "Fortifications". If you choose them with the static objects button, they don't appear in the mission.

But a big issue persists with them. You'll see them only if you're near them. Around 200 meters and beyond, they're disappearing. In first, I thought it was a VR issue but even in no VR mod, the isssue is still here.

Edited by jef32

need new install root sound mod

No, just put the directory in "Tech"

After, you have to choose the items with the ME as "AA defense" and absolutly not with statics, if not, you will not ear the sounds. You'll see little black cubes that you can put where you want and after you'll ear the ambience sound that you have chosen.

need new install root sound mod

Link

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

But a big issue persists with them. You'll see them only if you're near them. Around 200 meters and beyond, they're disappearing. In first, I thought it was a VR issue but even in no VR mod, the isssue is still here.

About that, after some tries, I've noticed that it's a total issue, happening even with the official items of ED included in the ME library.

So, we have a french expression saying: "Now, the ball is in ED's camp".

Edited by jef32

it's a shame to see how ED changes its directories with every update. It seems that this is partly done to prevent some add-ons from working.

Many of them give a more realistic and detailed environment and boom new update and you have to start all over again.

When I see the number of returns concerning the bugs of this update, I wonder if it's ED who does the job or if it's the users who send back the bugs to be fixed...

It is clear that for the continuation we will generalize any production of ED has an unfinished product which initially brings only enormous problems to function correctly.

For my part I never install the updates directly, I wait at least one month, to allow me to have a correct version to download...

I admit it's the easy solution but I'm fed up with having to spend hours on the simu to detect problems and make them come up...in short, to do the job of ED...

it's a shame to see how ED changes its directories with every update. It seems that this is partly done to prevent some add-ons from working.

Many of them give a more realistic and detailed environment and boom new update and you have to start all over again.

When I see the number of returns concerning the bugs of this update, I wonder if it's ED who does the job or if it's the users who send back the bugs to be fixed...

It is clear that for the continuation we will generalize any production of ED has an unfinished product which initially brings only enormous problems to function correctly.

For my part I never install the updates directly, I wait at least one month, to allow me to have a correct version to download...

I admit it's the easy solution but I'm fed up with having to spend hours on the simu to detect problems and make them come up...in short, to do the job of ED...

ED can do whatever they want with the structure of their product. We have no say in the decision process.

Mod are just that : a modification of their original product. ED has no obligations to support any of our modifications.

Furthermore, the 2.5.6. has been released to the beta client of DCS. So this is a little bit strange to expect a bugfree product without any compatibility issues with user's made modifications, everytime. Otherwise it would be called the stable version. And again, even with a stable version, ED has no obligations to support our mods.

It might be frustrating to deal with all this technical issues to some of us but we should remember what to expect from ED when it comes the beta client.

So yes your advice is probably a safe course of actions. It is better to wait a little bit longer before applying a new update if one doesn't want to deal with new technical issues or bugs with his favourite mod.

ED can do whatever they want with the structure of their product. We have no say in the decision process.

Mod are just that : a modification of their original product. ED has no obligations to support any of our modifications.

Furthermore, the 2.5.6. has been released to the beta client of DCS. So this is a little bit strange to expect a bugfree product without any compatibility issues with user's made modifications, everytime. Otherwise it would be called the stable version. And again, even with a stable version, ED has no obligations to support our mods.

It might be frustrating to deal with all this technical issues to some of us but we should remember what to expect from ED when it comes the beta client.

So yes your advice is probably a safe course of actions. It is better to wait a little bit longer before applying a new update if one doesn't want to deal with new technical issues or bugs with his favourite mod.

It could be interesting in the future to include such Add-ons in their updates instead of creating more buggs and issues.

I am only an user and I am thinking on all the people that have spend so much times in creating magnificient add-ons to improve ED products.

I think that we are all looking for the best of this simulator. Matt as well as all the people working or ED but also all the others that are working for free but sharing the same goal...

Team spirit !

The entire community is working beside ED not against it...

Open beta, all is in the title description, for sure...but there is as minimum to delivery. When you look on the comments after the 2.5.6 release, a lot of people get angry...again...

The buggs in the open beta versions go back to ED thanks to the jobs carried out by some users...So why not simply assimilate some of the achievements made by the latter and very much appreciated by the community?

Only one exemple : VPC Airfield equipment.

This add-on is used since a very long time by a large number of simers because you can build a very realistic environment in and around airbases. This Add-on exist since a very long time. It was never incorporated in DCS and an update was most of the times necessary after a DCS update...

If ed puts at teh bottom of the change log like

Sound mods may need to be installed into the saved games folder

if you exported your mod before xx date then it needs re exporting due to changes to the EDM file.

all we ask is a simple quick heads up so we don't need to go hunting simple fixes..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Er... are you all blind and stupid ? I would say after looking at the file structure from the update that ED has given you the middle finger and locked you out of any future sound modding , yes you can still get some stuff to work if you restructure but what are you going to do when ED alter a sound or sdef in one the locked files in a future update ?

To cut to chase , no platform to work with , no point in being here.

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Modifications to the game install folder will never be supported. We have an official way to create mods which has to be used.

Speaking of the sound mods specifically, there is Saved Games/DCS/Sounds/ folder - for test purposes/local modifications and Saved Games/DCS/Mods/resource/YourOwnModInASeparateFolder/ where you can have Textures, Sounds, whatever, in a separate folder, ready for sharing with others.

If you are missing any functionality and or documentation, and the only way to make a mod is to modify game files, please ask, we will consider supporting mods for that kind of things as well.

I'll try to post a more detailed info on sounds mods in a week or so.

Thanks.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

This is just how it rolls with DCS, unfortunately. Take it from me - I really feel the pain, yet there's no choice but for modders to maintain constant vigilance and update their various assets where possible.

Far more cumbersome than it could be, from the modder's perspective, but there we are.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

There's no new sound structure.

However there's vast difference in a multitude of .lua files. For example I wrote the Lenta hook for current DCS just last week. To my non-surprise it was completely different in Open Beta, which I downloaded today. Not a massive problem on my end, yet for most modders the alteration of this or that mechanic within DCS causes a reversion to null in terms of their efforts.

:)

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

livery blocked

? .. what are you talking about?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

Again, there're no changes to sound structure. There is a change in the packaging of the stock sounds. It does not affect proper mods in any way.

For example I wrote the Lenta hook for current DCS just last week. To my non-surprise it was completely different in Open Beta, which I downloaded today.

Sorry, don't understand what you mean.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Was this change completely necessary? How are we supposed to move forward with developing new sound mods? I was hoping for more community engagement when it came to content creation, not the opposite.

Mods are a big part of this game, and a lot of people (myself included) in this community, want to see bigger and better mods. It will only help the life of this product...

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

All things sound @ Echo 19 Audio

linktr.ee/echo19audio