Latest news/info on the Harrier II +? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-08-2020, 02:42 PM   #11
Hawkeye_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_03 View Post
This is news to me. I use NATOPS all the time for it. In fact from a procedure point of view the only thing I can find in there that’s not implemented is; SHAAAS bit. Literally every other procedure is in and working per the manual.

In fact as far as systems go on the harrier the only things missing are:

FLIR hotspot detector
SEAM
Sidewinder DMT Slaving
SMS tone
Contrast and brightness settings for the ACMPDs
Gain settings for FLIR
TTT and TOT functions
JDAM terminal functions
ECM page

Hardly as incomplete as you make it sound. The biggest issues the FLIR Im sure are waiting on ED since they are remodeling the entire system in the core game. Other then that is extremely useable, the remaining items are very Quality of Life, don’t really affect gameplay. Big things like the FM/visuals/weapons suite have been done for some time.

Not sure if your just a troll but don’t get on here and lie.
100% correct can do nothing without ED - the hold up lies with them as needs FLIR to be accurately modelled and also software target recognition algorithm (as in RL) as currently every tree would be a target lol!

DCS | F14B | AV8B | F18C | A10C | Viggen | SU27 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy

Water Cooled i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz | RTX2080 Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Saitek X52 Pro | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones
Hawkeye_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:51 PM   #12
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
This is news to me. I use NATOPS all the time for it. In fact from a procedure point of view the only thing I can find in there that’s not implemented is; SHAAAS bit. Literally every other procedure is in and working per the manual.

In fact as far as systems go on the harrier the only things missing are:

FLIR hotspot detector
SEAM
Sidewinder DMT Slaving
SMS tone
Contrast and brightness settings for the ACMPDs
Gain settings for FLIR
TTT and TOT functions
JDAM terminal functions
ECM page

Hardly as incomplete as you make it sound. The biggest issues the FLIR Im sure are waiting on ED since they are remodeling the entire system in the core game. Other then that is extremely useable, the remaining items are very Quality of Life, don’t really affect gameplay. Big things like the FM/visuals/weapons suite have been done for some time.

Not sure if your just a troll but don’t get on here and lie.
You left out dive toss, not to mention the moving target and wind corrections using ARBS/INS. I'm sure there are far more examples if you go through piece by piece step by step. And that's not counting the bugs in what is "implemented".
Old 02-08-2020, 06:23 PM   #13
Wizard_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
You left out dive toss, not to mention the moving target and wind corrections using ARBS/INS. I'm sure there are far more examples if you go through piece by piece step by step. And that's not counting the bugs in what is "implemented".

Yes definitely, there's Bugs for sure, and I'm not particularly happy with how RAZBAM handles customer service either. But my point was; whats "missing" as far as the manuals go and step by step instructions is actually quite negligible compared to what IS implemented.

That individuals dramatic post makes it sound like you can't even fly the thing, and it doesn't correspond to the manuals at all. In reality I can do most every procedure in the manual, aside from doing things like setting the correct contrast on the displays and setting up the NAVFLIRs detector modes or using dive toss delivery options, a few degraded modes, and some bits ect ect, but frankly you could make the same sorts of statements about missing systems implementation regrading; the hornet, the viper, the tomcat, the MiG-21, the F-5E. So really nowhere near what that post claims. You can be mad about it, but be mad for the right reasons. It not RAZBAM in particular its the whole culture of this sim.

But don't get me wrong I want it finished too, but there is ZERO reason for posts like Fusedspine33's riddled with straight up falsehoods and extreme exaggerations, and generalizations. It's not the way to express criticism and it actually hurts our position as customers because it's discrediting to ALL of us. Then we wonder why some of the developers refuse too communicate anymore.

Anyways as far as the OP goes, I'd love to see an AV-8B+ in the sim. I don't think we'll have to wait to long for one, once the hornet and vipers radars are complete.

Last edited by Wizard_03; 02-08-2020 at 06:34 PM.
Wizard_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:30 PM   #14
Fusedspine33

Wizard,

You have focused on only one aspect of my position, the manual and you let that dismiss the other complaints. So let me expound.

It was a single paragraph attempting to capture one point of contention which is the poor state of the RAZBAM manual. It is in a state of disrepair. The NATOPS is the basis for the module and there are some procedures in the NATOPS that have been modeled accurately BUT there are others that are not accurately modeled, so the NATOPS isn’t the go to book. I don’t expect 100% to NATOPS for a video game but I do expect the RAZBAM manual to be the source of documentation and deconfliction from source material. In it’s current state it is not.

Part of the procedure for adding features and should be a corrected manual with each update, or it winds up where it is.

Sure, I can have fun with the module, but that’s not the point, the point is the lack of progress and poor communication from RAZBAM. I put honey out first by paying upfront for a module based on a promise to complete in the future and that has been rewarded with stalled progress, a decaying module and snarky comments from the developer at my peers who also voice discontent. Your patience may be greater than mine but it doesn’t make your opinion any more valid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fusedspine33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #15
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
That individuals dramatic post makes it sound like you can't even fly the thing, and it doesn't correspond to the manuals at all. In reality I can do most every procedure in the manual, aside from doing things like setting the correct contrast on the displays and setting up the NAVFLIRs detector modes or using dive toss delivery options, a few degraded modes, and some bits ect ect, but frankly you could make the same sorts of statements about missing systems implementation regrading; the hornet, the viper, the tomcat, the MiG-21, the F-5E. So really nowhere near what that post claims. You can be mad about it, but be mad for the right reasons. It not RAZBAM in particular its the whole culture of this sim.

But don't get me wrong I want it finished too.
Well, we will have to agree to disagree on the notion "what is missing" is minor, I consider stuff like toss bombing and wind/moving tgt correction pretty essential systems along with things like INS drift that aren't modeled, nor are ARBS/tpod errors, and DMT sidewinder slave or a working SEAM mode would be great for A/A where I have to IFF targets. Not to mention larger issues like having a usable Tarawa online or having useful "road FARPS".

And while I agree that many of the other EA planes are missing stuff, I have vastly more confidence that they will be done before the harrier, so a big part of the issue is the rate of progress which is glacial and the order things are done in makes little or no sense to me. And all that being said, I can totally understand other posters frustrations on the issue.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:21 PM   #16
amalahama

That something as trivial and important as TOT is still absolutely missing is a hint on the real status of the module

amalahama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:43 PM   #17
LastRifleRound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Well, we will have to agree to disagree on the notion "what is missing" is minor, I consider stuff like toss bombing and wind/moving tgt correction pretty essential systems along with things like INS drift that aren't modeled, nor are ARBS/tpod errors, and DMT sidewinder slave or a working SEAM mode would be great for A/A where I have to IFF targets. Not to mention larger issues like having a usable Tarawa online or having useful "road FARPS".

And while I agree that many of the other EA planes are missing stuff, I have vastly more confidence that they will be done before the harrier, so a big part of the issue is the rate of progress which is glacial and the order things are done in makes little or no sense to me. And all that being said, I can totally understand other posters frustrations on the issue.
This is the take I most agree with here. Let's not forget about magic CCIP, missing EHSD symbology for JDAMS and CAS targets. Also, not sure how anyone is following the attack run procedures in the NATOPS. They all reference course line deviations. These should be on the EHSD (even according to the training mission in the sim) but are not implemented.
LastRifleRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:59 AM   #18
Konovalov

Yep Harlikwin has it spot on.
Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harrier ii +