give some love to the Kurfürst model - Page 6 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 08:30 PM   #51
razo+r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,705
Reputation power: 11
razo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drPhibes View Post
Sorry for going into rant mode again (it has been happening quite a bit lately; I guess I'm getting grumpier with age...) but since people apparently spend more time looking at the model in the model viewer than actually flying it (hint: the canopy is something you look through, not at), get yourselves a parametric CAD application (like solidworks, or fusion360 which is free), learn the basics, and build a model of whichever plane you want to look at. Then you can look at beautiful curved edges until your eyes pop out. Or even better, start building models, and then you can obsess over minute details that will never be visible to anyone with the other rivet counters.

[rant mode off]
Thanks for the input, I've got already my own models to stare at...

When you already fly it for years, then you start looking at detail, at least I do, and noticable stuff like some of the things that you can see from the pit are maybe going to bother you after that time... (especially when some stuff for it is missing)
__________________
Maximus VII Ranger, 4790K @ 4.00 Ghz, ASUS GTX 1070 O8G, 16 GB non-oc RAM, 250 GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10 64-bit
razo+r is online now  
Old 04-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #52
Bogey Jammer
Member
 
Bogey Jammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 161
Reputation power: 2
Bogey Jammer will become famous soon enoughBogey Jammer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
Why? because

1) Textures could be redone by users, the model not

2) you don't even need to zoom in to see the spots were there are fewer polys
Sorry mate but I still think your demand is too extreme. Even though the users are allowed to reskin the thing, you have too wait for them because skinning is not something that can be made that easily. Plus it requires to be scaled x2 or x4 to match the finesse you want for the mesh…

I don't agree with you about the zoom factor. I REALLY need to zoom a lot to overcome the screen resolution and notice the mesh edges. VR is even less demanding. So even though the Bf-109 may be inferior at the area you're pointing, I will not care until ED refreshes at least, the F-4E, Su-22 and the heavy bombers.
__________________
I own :
FC3 МиГ-21бис МиГ-15бис Ми-8МТВ2 Mirage 2000C Ka-50 F-5E Bf109K-4 SA342
I'll buy :
МиГ-23МЛД МиГ-27К МиГ-25 F-14A F/A-18 Mirage III F-4E A6M2 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module
Bogey Jammer is offline  
Old 04-22-2017, 03:30 PM   #53
razo+r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,705
Reputation power: 11
razo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey Jammer View Post
Sorry mate but I still think your demand is too extreme. Even though the users are allowed to reskin the thing, you have too wait for them because skinning is not something that can be made that easily. Plus it requires to be scaled x2 or x4 to match the finesse you want for the mesh…

I don't agree with you about the zoom factor. I REALLY need to zoom a lot to overcome the screen resolution and notice the mesh edges. VR is even less demanding. So even though the Bf-109 may be inferior at the area you're pointing, I will not care until ED refreshes at least, the F-4E, Su-22 and the heavy bombers.
I know that skinning reuires a lot of time and skill, especially detailed and correct skins. My point was, if you want to make the mesh better, you need to have the source file, which the devs will not share but they share templates for skins, so that can be edited by users.

ED has to refresh a lot of units, but the 109 is a module, with a lower quality mesh. for example: Antenna, intake for superchager, the engine top cover and the front armored glass holder can be seen without zoom. The low mesh of the wings can not be seen same as the gear, those are just details from outside view... But compare the thickness of the wingending (for example at the ailerons) from the spit to the thickness of the 109, that can be seen from the cockpit without zoom or minor zoom too
__________________
Maximus VII Ranger, 4790K @ 4.00 Ghz, ASUS GTX 1070 O8G, 16 GB non-oc RAM, 250 GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10 64-bit
razo+r is online now  
Old 04-22-2017, 09:51 PM   #54
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager
 
SiThSpAwN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 19,050
Reputation power: 89
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Default

But you are still missing the biggest point here.

Yes, if the 109 was done today, I am sure it would be on par with the Spitfire. The fact is it wasnt, the fact is they dont have time to revisit the model right now, and the fact is its not that bad, most people would argue that they dont notice the things you point out.
__________________

It's not the opinion that breaks the rules, its the delivery of that opinion • ED Product TermsED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you. • "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
SiThSpAwN is offline  
Old 04-22-2017, 10:17 PM   #55
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager
 
SiThSpAwN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 19,050
Reputation power: 89
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
There's not 109 without a whistling compressor sound, at least for me.
I can hear the compressor sound in DCS with the stock sounds, sorry its more realistic that when the camera is viewing from the rear of the aircraft you cant hear it, and I can hear it in flight as well, of course you cant when you are above about 65-70% throttle, seems pretty realistic to me, Yo-Yo did disucss this with Klaus Plasa, but I am sure that doesnt matter...

Anyways, waiting for your experience with the real world sounds, beyond youtube that is.
__________________

It's not the opinion that breaks the rules, its the delivery of that opinion • ED Product TermsED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you. • "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 04-22-2017 at 10:28 PM.
SiThSpAwN is offline  
Old 04-22-2017, 10:45 PM   #56
razo+r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,705
Reputation power: 11
razo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
But you are still missing the biggest point here.

Yes, if the 109 was done today, I am sure it would be on par with the Spitfire. The fact is it wasnt, the fact is they dont have time to revisit the model right now, and the fact is its not that bad, most people would argue that they dont notice the things you point out.
I'm sure i'm not missing the point here...

Older models got a bit more polys (probably due to a "bigger" size)

And well, with those many projects they have going on now, it seems logical to me that they don't have time, and i never proposed a time, it's just my personal wish...

I'm just wishing this for this model, because i fly it more often, so having a nicer model wouldn't be too bad for me, and it's my opinion, of course other don't have to agree because of other preferences or they don't care about detail, but it's just my wish for the future
__________________
Maximus VII Ranger, 4790K @ 4.00 Ghz, ASUS GTX 1070 O8G, 16 GB non-oc RAM, 250 GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10 64-bit
razo+r is online now  
Old 04-23-2017, 06:19 AM   #57
Conroy
Member
 
Conroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 312
Reputation power: 4
Conroy will become famous soon enoughConroy will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I can hear the compressor sound in DCS with the stock sounds, sorry its more realistic that when the camera is viewing from the rear of the aircraft you cant hear it, and I can hear it in flight as well, of course you cant when you are above about 65-70% throttle, seems pretty realistic to me, Yo-Yo did disucss this with Klaus Plasa, but I am sure that doesnt matter...

Anyways, waiting for your experience with the real world sounds, beyond youtube that is.
I've different opinion about this K4 sound. If you think that this is the most realistic DB605 sound, NP. I get the point but i disagree.

I enjoy a lot this:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2113720/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
But you are still missing the biggest point here.

Yes, if the 109 was done today, I am sure it would be on par with the Spitfire. The fact is it wasnt, the fact is they dont have time to revisit the model right now, and the fact is its not that bad, most people would argue that they dont notice the things you point out.
This is a good answer, but people is asking for an update just because of this. We understand it.

The difference in the polycount with Spitfire and Mustang is so exaggerated that it does speak for itself. This K4 now, seems to be more a sort of unfinished placeholder than a completed module. The nose low polycount for ex., is really noticeable also with a minimal zoom.

Spitfire is fantastic, a perfect DCS module as for Mustang. K4 is not.

We'll see in the future...........what can we say more? Not so bad is acceptable if we'll have an upgrade in the future, because "not so bad" is not "good enough" for DCS.

DCS G-10?
__________________

Last edited by Conroy; 04-23-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Conroy is offline  
Old 04-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #58
9./JG26_Brigg
Member
 
9./JG26_Brigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: scunthorpe
Posts: 318
Reputation power: 2
9./JG26_Brigg has a spectacular aura about9./JG26_Brigg has a spectacular aura about9./JG26_Brigg has a spectacular aura about9./JG26_Brigg has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog 7.62 View Post
Its too bad this module seems to be needing some attention. With Normandy on the horizon, this would be a must purchase if it were up to par.
you could say that about all of them though
9./JG26_Brigg is offline  
Old 04-23-2017, 02:08 PM   #59
Bogey Jammer
Member
 
Bogey Jammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 161
Reputation power: 2
Bogey Jammer will become famous soon enoughBogey Jammer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
I've different opinion about this K4 sound. If you think that this is the most realistic DB605 sound, NP. I get the point but i disagree.

I enjoy a lot this:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2113720/
Don't forget to suppress the cockpit buttons sounds and raise the wind's sound level as high as the engine to get something realistic.
I prefer not to use this kind of mod because it is a personal interpretation to flatter the ear. Footages are the last resort for sound reference. Aircraft sound pressure is so high and outdoor recording so difficult that only dedicated professional grade recording equipment and experience should be trusted for sound reference. Anything else is like adding sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
This is a good answer, but people is asking for an update just because of this. We understand it.

The difference in the polycount with Spitfire and Mustang is so exaggerated that it does speak for itself. This K4 now, seems to be more a sort of unfinished placeholder than a completed module. The nose low polycount for ex., is really noticeable also with a minimal zoom.
Before that topic was created, I had no idea of polycount differences among the WW2 modules. Actually I bought the Bf-109K because it looked the most realistic among them. Polycount doesn't come to my mind anymore because shaders and textures are a lot more critical. And again, the zoom required is not that minimal don't exaggerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
Spitfire is fantastic, a perfect DCS module as for Mustang. K4 is not.
What about the Fw-190 ? Are you talking about graphics only ? because the Bf-109 feels perfect in terms of fun when I play with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
We'll see in the future...........what can we say more? Not so bad is acceptable if we'll have an upgrade in the future, because "not so bad" is not "good enough" for DCS.

DCS G-10?
DCS is far from perfect, there are tons of gameplay major issues and it ruins its reputation as the years pass. What you are saying is very sad because you only care for a superficial aspect, the most candid one ever since the 90's. So ED can only recruit 3D modelers if customers only want eye and ear candy without actually play the game…
__________________
I own :
FC3 МиГ-21бис МиГ-15бис Ми-8МТВ2 Mirage 2000C Ka-50 F-5E Bf109K-4 SA342
I'll buy :
МиГ-23МЛД МиГ-27К МиГ-25 F-14A F/A-18 Mirage III F-4E A6M2 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module
Bogey Jammer is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.