Help with a basic mission.

Hi, I'm trying to make a very basic mission where I dogfight a single Spitfire against a ME109. All I need it to do is respawn the enemy when I shoot them down. It's probably something very simple but I can't seem to work it out...

Any pointers would be great, if I'm being thick then I apologise in advance!

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, Asus 470ROG MB, 32GB Vengeance 3200 DDR4 RAM, GTX 1070 GPU, Samsung evo850 1TB SSD, HTC VIVE. Warthog, Trackir.: :cry:

No it is actually pretty complicated and requires LUA script and DO SCRIPT trigger.

The real bad part is that in your case respawn has to include the route and other settings.

You should have a look at MiST and its mist.respawn function.

This thread might be helpful:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114012

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You'll need to download MiST, and you'll need two triggers and a triggerzone. Place the zone over the entire combat area.

First:

1 ONCE (load MiST, NO EVENT)

TIME MORE (1)

DO SCRIPT FILE (mist4_3_74 lua)

Next:

2 SWITCHED CONDITION (bandit dead, NO EVENT)

ALL OF COALITION OUT OF ZONE (red, combat area)

DO SCRIPT ("mist.respawnGroup (bandit, true)")

When your bandit dies, no red units will remain in the combat area. This will trigger your respawn. Adding "true" at the end of the respawn script will retain the original flight plan for the target.

• Like 1

Hi Feefifofum.

So, I tried the script thing. All is well till I shoot the bandit down then I get an error message saying "Syntax error, end eof". The whole thing freezes then and I have to use task manager to get out. I'm sure it's a typo or something on my part but any help would be appreciated.

Edited by giffage

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, Asus 470ROG MB, 32GB Vengeance 3200 DDR4 RAM, GTX 1070 GPU, Samsung evo850 1TB SSD, HTC VIVE. Warthog, Trackir.: :cry:

Can you just upload the mission?

We could have a look...

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I ll send you tonight a mission i've done for training with the spit because I'm at work now

A simple training mission for spit, you can respawn 109 and 190 in front of you or in your six, for dog fight training. using F10 radiomenu.

before respawn, try to be at 7000 feet ( don't forget to set your altimeter to 0 before take off) . I can not yet spawn at different altitude, but the aircraft spawned will be in the same heading as you.

I've done it with ATME, to train before Normandy map. ;-)

Edited by snowsniper

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks so much Snowsniper. It's exactly what I needed, perfect for solo training and great because I can see the mechanics of how it's done, brilliant!

Thanks again guys for all the help.

you're welcome

also, there are different script helper engine.

as said above, which can spawn object. different way and approach.

Mist, Moose, etc...

and also ATME script engine.

see this thread if you want to experiment more ( numerous easy exemple, and awesome reference manuel both english and french available ) It's perfect for noob in lua like me.

here it is :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179992

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals