radio question - easy coms

blueskunk

hi

in gameplay settings i have unchecked easy communication thus expecting to be only able to communicate with atc etc when setting the correct frequency in the respective radio.

when i start up a created mission, though, i can contact tower on all 3 radios without the appropriate frequencies, i.e. coms options are not blacked out.

am i doing something wrong?

(also: in the editors mission options easy coms is unchecked, too)

thx for any help.

Comms options blacking out only happens when you enable easy comms. I ve just created a mission with easy comms both disabled in gameplay options and mission editors mission rules section. Radios do work as intended for me, cannot contact anyone if i input the wrong freq or use the wrong radio.

Try it with the mission ive just used. Its attached.

82air.miz

thx for the response.

you're right. when easy communication is checked, the coms channel is blacked out if the correct freq is not set in the radio.

what i found out now is this:

easy coms unchecked in the gameplay options as well as the editor mission settings (i dont know if one overrides the other, so i unchecked both). ingame all coms text is white but at least the correct frequency needs to be set to communicate with the atc.

i dont understand what the blacked out text is good for but at least the radios work now as intended.

cheers

Edited by blueskunk

Mission settings override the gameplay settings. Dunno what its original purpose was but when i first started dcs that blacked out text helped me a lot with radios. I almost always forgot to change freq and use the right radio so whenever i saw that blacked out text, i checked my radios, freqs. It eased up the learning process for me.

Glad i could help, cheers