Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

UIV

... we will get two!:thumbup:

Not really, this pictures/sketches is simmers proposals for add functions, let see if VKB "buy" the idea, TECS still in mockup stage :D

IMO - Is an error try just replicate a given plane throttle (e.g. like Tm did with A-10), because this lack controls for other planes. Instead use the overall "badass" look, but add the controls need in several planes, like rotaries for adjust radar elevation, range adjust, and functions specific of flight games, like a slider or rotaries for FOV zoom, mini-stick's... Similar of what was done in MCG PRO grip.

Edited by Sokol1_br

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, ok. I didn`t see the "Proposals" in your post. I thought that`s the actual design. What a pity! But who knows, maybe the guys from VKB will have a closer look at those proposals.;) I really would appreciate at least one switch on the left side of the throttle. I use the switch on the TMW-Throttle for external lighting on all DCS-modules I own (and for IL2 BoX).

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Ah, ok. I didn`t see the "Proposals" in your post. I thought that`s the actual design. What a pity! But who knows, maybe the guys from VKB will have a closer look at those proposals.;) I really would appreciate at least one switch on the left side of the throttle. I use the switch on the TMW-Throttle for external lighting on all DCS-modules I own (and for IL2 BoX).

There already are two switches on the left side on the current prototype design. What the others pasted on that original image are proposals.

But, I see they added these four rotaries on the right side of the throttle instead of those rectangular buttons. Are these encoders or just axis? Is there some push button functionality? They look sort of rough, IMHO.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The four horizontal "rotaries" are Encoder with push button.

The two vertical "rotaries" analog axes.

This new layout allow increase the number of buttons/encoders on base.

But this is in Sacha_bely renders, not VKB.

VKB still focused in replicate the ergonomics of a given throttle (T-50/Su-57) without comprise in cover the needs of different fighters (radar slew, range, elevation adjusts, speedbrake control...) or game specifics (e.g. an slider/rotarie for FOV zoom), but at same time want please "spaceships" pilots specific needs (gimballed weapons, 6DOF)...

In the sketch at right the guy suggest an slider in right grip (X-52 style, for zoom).

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/monthly_2018_05/rud.jpg.7d1e9f4be2cd7d69b34a82451ec40e80.jpg

Edited by Sokol1_br

VKB still focused in replicate the ergonomics of a given throttle (T-50/Su-57) without comprise in cover the needs of different fighters (radar slew, range, elevation adjusts, speedbrake control...) or game specifics (e.g. an slider/rotarie for FOV zoom), but at same time want please "spaceships" pilots specific needs (gimballed weapons, 6DOF)...

indeed

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Last I heard it was going to be the new year at the earliest

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how far out this throttle is... months? Years? I got a T1600 to hold me over... but I am starting to eye the warthog throttle.

Same situation here man. I want a better throttle but damn this looks like its gonna blow so many offerings out of the water. Just stay strong.

I wonder how far out this throttle is... months? Years? I got a T1600 to hold me over... but I am starting to eye the warthog throttle.

The only ones that may have a clue are not talking...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 month later...

IMO the new wave of VR will never cease. Soon we will have gloves or something on our fingernails that will allow us the turn knobs and move levers in a virtual cockpit. Until then manufacturers should create a system where the throttle hase many knobs and buttons and modes that can be memorized so the VR pilot can do everything HOTAS.

As great as I think that looks, with the prices of this company's products (doesn't matter what the reason, it's still the price) I can't afford one.

That's a shame, because there are no decent mid-range throttles on the market (by mid-range I mean in the $150 - $200ish price range). Having owned several top branded HOTAS, I still believe my X56 is the best of the lot. This looks like it might be better, but now I will never know...

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Looks pretty nice , certainly will be interesting to see it's development. May still be a ways off though.

Is that hat on the back of the right throttle a slew?

Warthog has a 4 way hat plus push on the right side of right throttle, a 4 way hat on back of right throttle, and a slew also ( albeit an iffy one).

(I have no virtue)

:smilewink:

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That one looks like VKB's other 8-ways. (personally I don't care for 8-ways, but they're not bad)

I'll continue to follow the news on this one though. I own two of VKB's other products and have by and large been very impressed, I'm sure this will be no different.

I hope VKB considers in their design having the same mounting hole pattern to fit a Warthog throttle mounting plate. Looking at the pics it appears that is likely the case - I have a lot invested in my Monster Tech Mount and throttle plate for it, so definitely will want to continue using it.

Don B

I hope VKB considers in their design having the same mounting hole pattern to fit a Warthog throttle mounting plate. Looking at the pics it appears that is likely the case - I have a lot invested in my Monster Tech Mount and throttle plate for it, so definitely will want to continue using it.

That would be nice. However, am sure Monster Tech will make a special plate for it if not. So no need to buy another whole table mount.

That would be nice. However, am sure Monster Tech will make a special plate for it if not. So no need to buy another whole table mount.

Yeah and I would not hesitate to get one, just sometimes the time between the release of the product and the time of development and release of the plate can be a bit.

Don B

• 4 weeks later...

Bueller.......Bueller......

As a new guy to flight simming I am genuinely perplexed at the utter and complete lack of a good throttle. It seems like even the venerable Warthog throttle has lots of problems. To the point where people make money selling modifications for it to fix basic functionality issue. Slew/mini stick im looking at you. Aftermarket detents for afterburners yes please. CUB boxes for more switches to map, sure. I feel like there's a massive hole on the supply side. Even the new highly anticipated virpil T50 throttle which looks fantastic and is well made falls short with no slew/mini stick promising the next model will have it. Companies "announcing" new products that aren't out a year later. Dropping 7K on equipment and software and I can't find an acceptable throttle to buy? Whats happening?

Thrustmaster is clearly asleep at the wheel. Their newest release a $500.00 pair of pedals. Nice and all, but how about a throttle with radar control axis modeled after any modern radar bird and something with a Gimbal not made of plastic. The Russians are even worse with high end gimbals never in stock and grips modeled after non study Russian aircraft. I guess the answer for the high end customer is wait for months for a virpil stick base, wait for an f18 grip from TM with an unknown release date or use a WH Grip, and settle for a throttle modeled after an aircraft released eight years ago with inferior button/switch/slew layout for new modules. Really frustrating.

END RANT

Thank you to all the people who have been helping wade through this all. Like drinking from a firehose.

The perfect hardware just can't exist. The current best solution is indeed the stock mass produced hardware enhanced with aftermarket or DIY components. Expensive and time consuming but ready to ordered, and not as much like those high-end stuff that takes years to be delivered by small companies struggling forever with logistics.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

While it's true that the perfect hardware does not exist, I tend to agree that they guys who design and produce those units (both TM and VKB, VPC) could make something more... practical and better aligned with the simulators on the market. It's like they don't really play DCS or other sims.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

While it's true that the perfect hardware does not exist, I tend to agree that they guys who design and produce those units (both TM and VKB, VPC) could make something more... practical and better aligned with the simulators on the market. It's like they don't really play DCS or other sims.

I am sure they are probably appealing to the Russian market first and foremost.

Don B

What the grip is modeled on is literally irrelevant except from an aesthetics standpoint, as is whether it matches identically with the grip you see in game. As long as it has capacity for similar functionality and good ergonomics that is all that matters. Unless your simpit is 1-1 you're going to be improvising across the board anyway, and if you are sufficiently skilled to build a 1-1 simpit, then fashioning a 1-1 grip and throttle shouldn't be outside your reach either. You can see more than a few 'homemade' units on these forums as it is.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

What the grip is modelled on is literally irrelevant except from an aesthetics standpoint, as is whether it matches identically with the grip you see in game. As long as it has capacity for similar functionality and good ergonomics that is all that matters.

And that's the issue. Trying to map a western hotas system to VKB/VPC products is an exercise in creativity. No mode switches on the throttle itself, no western style speedbrake, no analog slew, no CMS HAT on T-50, unrealistic analog slew instead of a regular trim hat in VKB MCG pro, etc. Plenty of weird design choices that leave me puzzled.

I am sure they are probably appealing to the Russian market first and foremost.

Yeah, just like ED with all those study level Russian airplanes they make. :lol:

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro